PDA

View Full Version : Independence Day Sparkles Across Walt Disney World Resort

Figment!
06-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Independence Day Sparkles Across Walt Disney World Resort With Star-Spangled Pyrotechnics Performances

Walt Disney World Resort Press Release
June 17, 2008

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- A popular July 4th tradition at Walt Disney World Resort will continue this year as star-spangled salutes to America's independence are presented all across the Florida Vacation Kingdom.

Here's some of the fireworks fun scheduled for July 4 this year:

A Fourth of July "Concert in the Sky" will light up the night at Magic Kingdom in honor of Independence Day. Featuring a magnificent display of aerial fireworks, dazzling pyrotechnic effects and dynamic music, the show, entitled "Disney's Celebrate America!-A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky," is a grand tribute to the United States, its people and traditions. The special show is scheduled for 9 p.m. Magic Kingdom also will feature two performances of the "SpectroMagic" nighttime parade, first at 10:30 p.m. and then again at 12:30 a.m. that same night.

A holiday-inspired finale will be added to Epcot's nightly fireworks extravaganza, "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth." The park's American Adventure pavilion also will feature enhanced entertainment throughout the day, with visits from historic characters who will share their stories. American Adventure also will feature additional performances of its signature musical group, Voices of Liberty, performing patriotic classics.

Disney's Hollywood Studios will present a special July 4th fireworks show at 9 p.m., with skyrockets and patriotic music filling the air at the showbiz-themed park. The park's popular "Fantasmic!" show, featuring fireworks, animation, dancing waters and Disney characters, will be presented on July 4 at 10:30 p.m.

Downtown Disney will present July 4th fireworks at 10:30 p.m. for the revelers, shoppers and diners enjoying the nighttime entertainment district.

SpaceMtn101
06-19-2008, 11:45 AM
the magic kingdom ones are horrible... last yr we saw them and it lasted about 5 minutes. It seemed like a waste. But thats my personal opinion

gsimpson
06-21-2008, 01:05 AM
This years Magic Kingdom show is supposed to be completely new. In the past the MK show was pretty lame, especially compared with the 4th of July tag on Illumination but perhaps they have corrected the situation.

TinksPixieDust
06-24-2008, 09:23 AM
I will be at MGM then EPCOT :) They were AWESOME last year! woooowhoooo 4th of July!!! :mickey::mickey:

pdrlkr
06-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks Jason! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Brainiak5
06-24-2008, 10:17 PM
thanks for the info. we're planning to be at epcot for the 4th- doing the american experience shoukld be fun and we'll be visiting the "enemy" as well with dinner at the rose & crown :mickey:

Carol
07-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Here is the castle during the July 4th fireworks show;

Carol
07-04-2008, 05:52 PM
and another ....

EPCOT84
07-04-2008, 05:59 PM
:fworks::flag:Beautiful. Happy 4th of July !:flag::fworks:

princessimagineer
07-04-2008, 06:15 PM
wow thank you for those beautiful pictures!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-04-2008, 06:28 PM
This years show is pretty good. A lot like the event ones (but not as much fun). They were nice.

But you know....it is insanely slow at the park right now. Like, when I left, they were still letting people in the park. I don't think we hit Phase 2 even. I think I heard somewhere of 50-60K (which for MK, is NOT a lot).

A sign of how bad the economy is making things.

1DisneyNut
07-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Wow that is definitely a sign of how bad the economy is. Usually on July 4 you can't even move in MK. We actually quit going July 4 week because it was usually so crowded. Now hearing this and seeing the pics I am kicking myself but because of the high fuel costs, poor airline service/high fare prices along with worries about the economy we have reduced our traveling this year too.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Last night I actually saw both Studios and Epcots fireworks.

I think based on what I read, they send the ones from MK to Studios - the show was only 8 minutes. Very bad. Well, not bad but just short.

I will say the finale at Epcot is probably the best. We enjoyed watching 300 of those nice big cannons going off all at once.

joanna71985
07-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I spent the day at Epcot yesterday. I saw the Voices of Liberty concert. It was so touching and moving. Very beautiful. I also met both of the WDW Ambassadors (one of whom is a former manager of mine)!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Awwww!

I missed you then! Granted I worked all day, but I met up with my friend and his mom outside of Studios and watched the fireworks from by the flagpoles and the lake. It was a good viewing spot (and gets you out of the park faster since you are already outside) before we headed to Epcot and watched them from by Club Cool (not a good spot - no music :().