PDA

View Full Version : counter service during mnnshp?

TFrauts
06-19-2008, 06:01 AM
are the counter service restaurants open during mnsshp, during the time they are ushering people out? Instead of making ts reservations, could we just grab a cs meal, and sit and wait??

murphy1
06-19-2008, 08:59 AM
You can get into the party at 4 pm and yes, they are all open (or most all are).

2MuchWDFun
06-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Check in "Info Central" under Holidays and MNSSHP. They list the restaurants that will be open during the event (along with the attractions). I know when we went two years ago we barely got a hotdog at Casey's...it was closing down when we decided to grab a bite. It looks like Disney has rectified that and has more CS dining choices open.
According to the list on Info Central, Pecos Bill and Cosmic Rays is open; they are both great CS choices.

TFrauts
06-19-2008, 11:22 PM
but if we have bracelets on, and decide to grab a bite to eat at 6:45, will they make us leave and go to tomorrow land, while they decorate, or will they allow us to sit and eat until we are finnished? I dont really want to make a ts reservation, and was hoping we could just sit and relax at a cs!!

McGoofy
06-19-2008, 11:30 PM
We were at MNSSHP last year on 10/31. It was about that same time frame that you are wanting to eat that we ate at Cosmic Rays. We had no trouble getting food, and they don't keep you out of any particular places in order to decorate. I also remember popping into Pecos Bills to get drinks for while we stood outside to watch the parade, so I know that was open as well. There were lots of CS food choices during the MNSSHP. You shouldn't have any problems.

TFrauts
06-20-2008, 05:54 AM
oh......i read somewhere that they usher everyone to the liberty tree( i think) area while they decorate...and also to weed out the non-mnsshp'ers!!

Tick-Tock
06-20-2008, 11:31 AM
oh......i read somewhere that they usher everyone to the liberty tree( i think) area while they decorate...and also to weed out the non-mnsshp'ers!!

They did that a few years ago, when they closed the park to non-MNSSHP guests at 6 and started the party at 7. Last year they didn't do the closed period, they just made announcements that the park was closed to non-partygoers at 7 and CMs started looking for wristbands and directing folks toward the exit.

We did eat at Cosmic Ray's a couple of years ago, sitting on the patio and watching the CMs handle the crowds. So even when they were trying to herd people to a particular land, you could still sit at CR's.

Aggie97
06-20-2008, 12:50 PM
We did a similar thing for the Pirate & Princess Party in January. We entered the park around 5:15, rode a couple rides, and then ate dinner at Pecos Bill Cafe. We left Pecos Bill around 6:45 without any problems.

I believe only Cosmic Ray's was open for the entire duration of the Party -- Casey's and Pecos Bill closed at 10 or 11. Definitely check the schedule for specific hours, if you'd like to eat later. :mickey:

TheDuckRocks
06-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Does anybody remember if the Main Street Bakery is open? I don't see it on the list (but that could just be me).