PDA

View Full Version : My Flower Power Disney Trip Day 9

PeterPansMagic
06-19-2008, 01:16 AM
We had our usual breakfast at the Pop Century Resort. We ate our breakfast outside again since it's quiet. We decided we would do Magic Kingdom this day.

We took the bus to the Magic Kingdom & did our usual check-in. I started spotting some Disney characters as soon as I walked under the train station. I saw the usual ones that I have met before, like Chip & Dale, Mary Poppins with Bert, Jiminy Cricket, Dopey & Clarabelle The Cow. This time I saw Daisy Duck so I got in her line & got a picture with her. After the picture with Daisy we went to Fantasyland.

When we went to Fantasyland, the first thing we did was Mickey's Philharmagic. Its a new 4D show where all these things go wrong with Donald Duck. I love this show more than I do the other 4D shows. After the show we went to my favorite ride, its a small world. It's a ride where you sit in a boat with other people and you go inside a tunnel. In each tunnel they have different ethnics singing Its A Small World After All in different languages. Since they toned it down a little I love it even more. I videotaped it.

After the ride we went to Liberty Square. I really wanted to go on Haunted Mansion but I had so much trouble trying to go on it because the wait in line was always too long. Instead, we decided to go on the Liberty Square Riverboat. It's a nice, slow ride that goes around Tom Sawyer Island. I took video on it. After we got off the ride, I decided it was time for me to get a Dole Whip Float. Mmmm. A Dole Whip float is a drink made out of pineapple juice & whipped cream. It's a nice way to cool off.

After the float we walked to Adventureland. I wanted to say Hello to my new friends Peter Pan & Wendy. They are face Characters which mean these characters can actually have conversations with you. As we got there they were just leaving for their break so we waited for them to come back. When they came back I was first in line & I got a picture with both of them this time. I think Wendy remembered me from December but it was a different Peter Pan.

After meeting them again, we walked to Frontierland. It was time to see Country Bear Jamboree. Its a country music show with bears singing and dancing. We both love this show. I was also trying to keep cool as much as possible. After the show was over we decided to go back to Liberty Square so we can get a spot for the Dreams Come True Parade. After this magical Parade I tried for the Haunted Mansion again. Still no luck so we decided to just skip it this time. Instead, we went into the Hall Of Presidents which were nice & air conditioned. The Hall Of Presidents is a show with all the former presidents talking about what they did in their terms. It's even updated with the recent president, George W. Bush.

After the Hall Of Presidents, we had a dinner reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern. I love this restaurant because they have really good food. It's a restaurant that serves a Thanksgiving meal & characters are walking around. It had Chip, Dale, Goofy, Pluto & Minnie. They all came to our table and had funny conversations with us. For my birthday they gave me a birthday cupcake & sang Happy Birthday. For our anniversary they gave us an apple crisp with ice cream. I took pictures of the food & with the characters.

After we got done eating we decided to go back to our resort because I felt I had too much sun exposure. While waiting for the Pop Century bus we talked to some French Canadians for awhile. When we got to the resort, my hearing aid battery was slowly dying. While I went to put sodas in our mugs, Louis ran into one of the workers. She had a name tag on with the name Pooh & she was from Thailand. She explained to us that it wasn't her name tag & sometimes the workers like to wear each others name tags. She wished me a Happy Birthday & gave me a Tinkerbell collectors pin which was nice. At this point my hearing aid battery finally died but I could still hear them since they were talking loud enough. I can also read lips, sometimes. After Louis & the cast member got done talking we sat outside at the table so I could change my battery. Now I was full of life again.

We decided to drop our stuff off in our room & walk over to the Generation Gap Bridge. Louis talked to Jim on the phone & we watched Illuminations. After Louis talked to Jim by phone, we decided to walk a little down Memory Lane. I spotted two bunnies in the grass & they were staring at each other. We stood there to watch them for awhile. They would stare & then one would hop over the other one & land facing each other again. At this point, two ducks came along & one of them chased the rabbits. At one point, the duck spotted me and started coming after me. I walked away for a minute and then walked back over to see what was going on. While watching, I saw the ducks fly towards me and started quacking in a mad way. I ducked but Louis told me that a cat came along & chased everyone away. It was a scary thing for me but now it's a funny story.

Stay Tuned to Day 10

faline
06-19-2008, 12:11 PM
There was a cat at Pop Century?! I heard of one that was over at the Poly a couple of years ago but had not heard of any others on property.

You had another lovely day in which you covered lots of ground but at a very relaxed pace!

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
06-19-2008, 04:25 PM
What a funny "wildlife" story to end your day on! :D Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

princessgirls
06-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks for sharing your day!

It was wonderful!

Julie:mickey:

DizNee143
06-27-2008, 11:42 AM
what a lovely day at the MK..and a nice night just hanging out at the resort..:mickey: