PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Villas?

ToraTory
06-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Howdy,

After having a hissie fit about not being able to get either AAA or AP rate for values or moderates for the week of my stay I took the plunge and tried something new. I got a Boardwalk Villa (studio) for $209 a night. I figured what the heck I'll give it a try. I love, love, love the location but I've never done the DVC before.

Do they have daily mousekeeping? Are shampoo and soap included? Is there a particular room I should ask for (considering I have a standard room).

What do you think of the boardwalk villas? I'm soooooo excite :party:

thanks -- tory

Maleficent's Dad
06-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Do they have daily mousekeeping? Are shampoo and soap included? Is there a particular room I should ask for (considering I have a standard room).
If you're paying cash - without a "DVC discount" - then yes, you will have daily housekeeping with soap and shampoo replenishment. :mickey:

The one thing you might want to consider on your reservation - proximity to the elevators. You could be a long trek down the halls from the elevators depending on room location. Since you have a standard room, you (most likely) will not get a Boardwalk or pool view. Most (if not all :scratch:) standard studios are located in one hallway (three floors) parallel to the main drive that enters the resort. So your view will be of the front of the Boardwalk (its entrance). On a good note, you can often see the top fireworks of Illuminations from your room - and you'll definitely hear them!

Seasonscraps
06-18-2008, 08:08 PM
I agree with Frank about proximity to the elevators. That can be one longgggggggggggggg walk to the end of the hall.

playdead88
06-19-2008, 06:27 AM
we stayed at the boardwalk for two years in a row - we loved it! you are in walking distance to epcot and in the evenings the boardwalk is so much fun - the boardwalk bakery is enough reason for us to stay there itself - yummy - i don't remember having a long walk to an elevator or anywhere for that matter it all seemed pretty close to our room - have a wonderful vacation!

Septbride2002
06-19-2008, 02:23 PM
The standard view is actually really pretty - and you may be able to see fireworks. The hallways can seem LONG but thankfully they are inside and airconditioned! :)

~Amanda

WDWRox
06-19-2008, 07:44 PM
We stayed at the Boardwalk Villas back in 06.....there were 8 of us and we rented a 2-bedroom villa. The resort and the accommodations were beautiful, as was the surrounding Boardwalk area. My only problems were the distance we were staying from the Magic Kingdom and how far a walk it could be just to refill your refillable mug AND the fact that you couldn't do it yourself, you had to hand the mug over and get it refilled by the individuals behind the counter. Also, the quick-service bakery wasn't all that great (selection-wise or quality-wise). But the walk to/from Epcot from there was nice and convenient and we had no problems with the staff or service.

mickeefan
06-21-2008, 12:28 PM
We just stayed at the Boardwalk Villas in April in a one bedroom.
We really liked the room itself and it was exceptionally clean and stayed that way all week. Housekeeping did a great job.
However, we were in number 1100 and I would not wish that location on my worst enemy. The employee entrance was less than 10 feet from our patio and there was a steady stream of linen carts, cast members and other employees going back and forth. Unfortunatly this out weighed the good things and we will most likely never stay there again.