PDA

View Full Version : Avon

blabbermouth
06-18-2008, 04:39 PM
Anybody out there use Avon products? I never have but always flip through the flyers at work and think about it. Is it any good, what are your favorite products?

Thanks!

PirateLover
06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm a fan. I love their lip glosses, skin so soft lotion products, and bug spray. I used to purchase through my friend who was an "Avon lady" but now I usually use the website and look for sales.

ncscgirl2005
06-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Anybody out there use Avon products? I never have but always flip through the flyers at work and think about it. Is it any good, what are your favorite products?

Thanks!

I have been using Avon since I was a kid and recently began selling Avon.

I love Avon products. They are comparable to the quality of other products you can buy in Walmart, Target, etc but they usually cost significantly less. Plus you don't have to worry about wasting your gas to go shop or deal with crowds because your rep can deliver it to you.

Here's my list of Favs:
Eyeliners
Body Washes (any)
Skin So Soft (all)
Bubble Bath
Jewelry (they have really nice pieces at an afforable price)
Lip Glosses
Pro-to-Go Lipstick
Moisture Therapy Lotions
Fragrances (Far Away, Haiku, Today, Tomorrow, Derrick Jeter Driven Black)

d_m_n_n
06-18-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Avon because I wear very little make-up or use their type of products, but I LOVE the Skin So Soft bath oil stuff (in a spray bottle). This is ABSOLUTELY THE BEST at keeping bees and wasps out of my hummingbird feeders!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

ncscgirl2005
06-18-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Avon because I wear very little make-up or use their type of products, but I LOVE the Skin So Soft bath oil stuff (in a spray bottle). This is ABSOLUTELY THE BEST at keeping bees and wasps out of my hummingbird feeders!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As an Avon rep, I get so many of these responses when I approach a new potential customer about ordering Avon. When I get this response I ask them "When's the last time you looked through a brochure?"

When I give them a brochure and point out that Avon is not your grandmother's makeup company anymore, many people are surprised with what Avon offers. They have no idea that we have AWARD-WINNING skin care products, clothing, shoes, jewelry, fragrances, home accessories, and much more.

Just recently I ordered something from Avon and I have been carrying it around with me. So far I have sold 6 of them because people have been looking for something similar but have not been able to find it in the major stores.

disneydrmr
06-19-2008, 09:20 AM
I love buying Avon. I love their Instant Vacation fragrances. Also the Blue Rush for Men.. my dh smells wonderful wearing it!!! :cloud9: I've bought jewlery and other items from them also for gifts. I also love the hand lotions and body lotions.

garymacd
06-19-2008, 10:15 AM
My wife has been using and selling Avon for years, and she is beautiful.

Okay, maybe I am slightly biased in my opinion, but she is beautiful.:blush:

KineGirl
06-19-2008, 11:20 AM
I used to think Avon was for old ladies until I looked through a brochure about 7 years ago and saw all the cool stuff they had! Ive tried a little bit of everything but the stuff I came to love were the
- fragrances
- skin so soft (in the summer makes great bug repellant)
- hand treatments/lotions. I especially like silicone glove lotion for during and after gardening.
- Jewelry! - I cant tell you how many times I will be wearing a necklace from Avon and my friends, who are kinda bougee/bourgeois, will ask me which boutique I bought it at :secret:
- I also love all the holiday themed lotions and chapsticks that I give to my nieces for Christmas. Now that I mentioned kids - I really like alot of the kid stuff Avon sells, and so do my nieces!
- there used to be a line Milk n Honey (lotions, body wash) that was unbelievable but it was done away with :confused: The stuff was like liquid gold for your skin. They still have a Milk n Rose version (or something like that) but to me its just not the same.
- Snow Babies & Snow Bunnies :cloud9:

blabbermouth
06-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Gee, thanks guys, not one complaint. I guess that means I get to go shopping! The BF did buy a BBQ last night, so it's only fair. He gets meat, I get makeup :thumbsup:

d_m_n_n
06-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Avon does have some very cool stuff in their campaigns. DHs grandma just "retired" from selling for 37 years. I would buy their stuff if I would use it...My DH does like to say I am high maintenance, however I have one shade of lipstick I use for weddings/funerals, don't use any lotions or creams (my mil does swear by Anew and the cellulite cream) and I am horribly allergic to all fragrances. Grandma did give the boys a few things they have enjoyed (movies, books, etc.) but that is about as far as my Avon experience goes. I still flip through the campaigns, I just don't usually have a need for much.

Piglet822
06-20-2008, 03:40 PM
I've been using Avon's products for years and I've alway been very happy with their products. I started selling Avon a little over 4 years ago because I couldn't find a reliable representative so I figured, why not?
Just to let you know, if for some reason you are not happy with an item let your representative know and they will take care of it for you. I hate when I find out later that one of my customers was less than satisfied but never said anything to me.