PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations fireworks cruises? What are the options for party of 6?

5fromabove
06-18-2008, 12:04 PM
?? I've missed Illuminations the last 2 trips (on the most recent one, I couldn't see over everyone's heads). :( Wondering if maybe a cruise is practical for us? Thanks for any input.

TammiMcMan
06-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Illuminations is my husbands favorite, so I surprised my family with the cruise. It's expensive, but for us, it was definitely worth it. We met our driver at the YC marina and he took us out for the a tour of Crescent Lake. We docked right under the bridge in Epcot that joins France and England. Our view was spectacular and we were staying at the YC, so the return to our resort was pretty easy. Depending on where you're staying, you could take a taxi, or go over to Hollywood Studios (your driver can drop you off at that boat dock) and you can get on your resort bus from there.

A word of advice though, the boats are very limited. I believe they only have 5 or 6 each night because they all need to fit under that bridge. You really need to be on the phone with WDW-PLAY the morning your booking window opens.

If you happen to miss out on booking one, you could try for a dinner reservation at the Rose & Crown Pub. Dining on the patio is luck of the draw, but they do have a reserved section for all their restaurant guests. It's a standing room area, but there would be less people, so your view might be better.

faline
06-18-2008, 12:14 PM
If you want a good view at Illuminations, you need to stake out our spot an hour or two before it begins or you risk being behind others and missing the view.

Fireworks cruises are expensive but not so bad if you have others you can split the cost with.

The largest problem is that availability is extremely limited and books up within minutes of your advanced booking date. You would need to be sure you're on the phone at exactly 7:00 a.m. on the first day you become eligible and hope you can get a booking.

Here's information on the cruises (http://intercot.com/infocentral/park/cruises.asp)and how to book.

browneyedgirl12
06-20-2008, 04:58 PM
We did the Breathless cruise and the view was amazing. The tour guide/boat driver drives you under the bridge and then you just watch from there. Like I said it was amazing and defintitley worth it.
I don't know why everyone said it is so hard to get reservations, when we called up we got the date we wanted without a problem. Maybe it was just luck.