PDA

View Full Version : Base tickets --- cheapest?

Sunshine1010
06-18-2008, 02:55 AM
I need 6 day base tickets for 2 adults and 1 child.

I am a DVC member, and an AAA member.

Which is the cheapest way to go?
- Member Services for a discount (do we even get a discount?)
- AAA
- The Official Ticket place on this website
- Disney itself
- anywhere else
- travel places

P.S. I looked it up on the ticket sale place on this website, and saw that they had a 'buy 5 days and get the 6th day free', but when you click on it, it states FOUR days and get the FIFTH one free. I'm confused.

Thanks in advance....

Strmchsr
06-18-2008, 09:46 AM
It wouldn't hurt to contact AAA and see what price they're offering. Other than that the Official Ticket Center would be your best bet. There are a lot of "discount ticket" websites out there, but it's extremely easy to get scammed. The OTC we know, as an Intercot Sponsor, is legit and provides great service. Either AAA or OTC will probably be a little better than buying straight from WDW.

Sunshine1010
06-18-2008, 10:18 AM
I know DVC members get a discount on AP's, but do they get discounts on regular tickets too?

Strmchsr
06-18-2008, 10:54 AM
I know DVC members get a discount on AP's, but do they get discounts on regular tickets too?

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I checked out DVC discount page here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/dvc/faq/default.asp) and while, as you mentioned, APs are listed, as are the water park, there's no mention of regular admission tickets. I suppose you could call and ask, though.

Sunshine1010
06-18-2008, 05:25 PM
As I was buying my MVMCP tickets through DVC's Member Service line, I asked them about whether or not they give a discount on park tickets.

They do not.

AP's are discounted though:
Adult - 370.62
Child - 326.96
Those are final prices (tax included)

Ooooooo, I forgot to ask if they give a discounted price for DQ tickets.

Strmchsr
06-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Ooooooo, I forgot to ask if they give a discounted price for DQ tickets.

From the discount page I posted above:

DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park
Receive a discount of $4 per person, ages 10 and older, and $3 per person, ages 3-9, on DisneyQuest tickets. In addition, Members receive a 10% discount on food and beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) from FoodQuest (operated by The Cheesecake Factory) inside DisneyQuest.

Madame Leona
06-18-2008, 07:47 PM
I just called my local AAA branch today and all they offer is the four day park hopper. I'm still researching ticket prices so I'm glad you asked this question.