PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Airlines advance check-in from Disney?

5fromabove
06-17-2008, 10:53 PM
We're flying SWA for the first time to Disney. I know you can check-in online 24 hours in advance from home for the flight down there. This would be to get the "a" or "b" boarding passes. Question is, how do you do this for the trip home? We were planning on being at EPCOT 24 hours before we head home (that's about 3:30 in the afternoon). I asked the travel planner at Disney and she told me I'd have to go back to my hotel to check in online, then go back to EPCOT. That sounds like a royal pain in the butt...isn't there someway to do it at Guest Services or something at the parks? Granted, I don't want to split us up all over the plane (4 kids/2 adults)...but I don't want to spend my only day at EPCOT hoofing it back and forth to the hotel. Can someone please explain the process to me??? THANKS SO MUCH! :) :mickey:

kakn7294
06-17-2008, 11:02 PM
You should be able to check-in from Guest Services in the park. What I do though is use my cell phone and check-in on SW's mobile site then get my boarding passes at the airport. There's plenty of time for that if you are using DME since they pick you up about 3 hrs before your flight. I set my cell phone's alarm to remind me about 5 min or so before I need to check-in to give myself enough time to get on the webpage.

Donald's Girl
06-17-2008, 11:28 PM
Yes, you can get your boarding passes either at your resort or any Guest Services in the parks or DTD. They will gladly do your check in and print the boarding passes for you.

Queen Stephanie
06-18-2008, 12:10 AM
You could always ride a boat from the back of EPCOT over to Beach Club and use their computers in lobby, that way you can also get your print outs to have on hand! It is not a long ride, you could even walk over for that matter. Just an idea!:mickey:

BMan62
06-18-2008, 09:08 AM
We had Guest Services at EPCOT (to the right side of Spaceship Earth on your way out of the park) sign us in and print out our boarding passes for us. No hassles, no problems! We got early "A" passes.

5fromabove
06-18-2008, 10:20 AM
So, I just need to be at a Guest Services desk at exactly 24 hours before departure?? I don't have the web on my cell phone, but that sounds like a great idea too!

faline
06-18-2008, 12:10 PM
You have a few different options to check in 24 hours in advance:

1. Go to Guest Services at the park where you are. You have to be within your 24 hour window or they won't want to talk with you. Also be sure you have your Southwest reservation number with you. I've done this at the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and at the Poly (I was not a guest of either resort at the time - just happened to be there for dinner). All cast members were helpful and had no issue with printing the boarding pass for us.
2. Use the on-line checkin via your cell phone - which apparently won't work for you .
3. Have someone at home check-in for you and pick up your boarding passes when you arrive at the airport.

BigRedDad
06-18-2008, 12:22 PM
There are many ways that are very simple.

1. You can do it at Guest Relations at any resort or park.
2. You can do it through a web based cell phone.
3. You can have a friend do it for you from home.

It is very simple and should not be a concern for you on your trip.

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
06-18-2008, 01:02 PM
We were also at EPCOT when it was time to check in for our flight. I went to Guest Relations and told them what I needed to do. The cast member couldn't get her computer to work properly so she took me to a little side room. It seemed to be there just for people needing to print boarding passes (small computer desk w/printer). I quickly pulled up SW's website, put in my reservation number and the passes printed out right there (group A). No problems at all - very easy. It took less than 5 minutes. There were 2 couples standing at the door when I was finished. They were also needing to print their SW boarding passes.

Have a GREAT trip and don't worry about getting your boarding passes. I'm sure everything will go smoothly. :mickey: