PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando?

rt207
06-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Is it a crazy atmosphere where it would be difficult for someone with sensory issues? Specifically at the pool area?

Sunshine1010
06-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I've heard that the rock n roll music plays UNDERNEATH the water. That's one of the hotel's 'draws'...

rt207
06-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Thank-you for your response, Sunshine.

DisneyDog
06-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I think it is a lovely hotel. They play music everywhere -- in the lobby, under the water (as mentioned). But it's not blastingly loud. And there are displays around the entire hotel of clothing and memorabelia (sp?)(even on the hotel room floors). But, other than that, it's a regular hotel. There are no flashing lights or overly bright colors if that's what you mean. All of the Universal hotels are first class all the way. Their parks may not match up to our Disney expetations, but their hotels are waaay better than at Disney. You can't go wrong with any of them. They do allow pets, btw, so you will probably see dogs in the lobby (we stayed there when a hurricane was coming towards our former hometown and we had our doggies with us. Everyone else had their dogs with them too, because no one could go to a shelter with dogs. Thank heavens for Universal. I don't know what we would have done without them.)

rt207
06-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Thanks, DisneyDog. The "pets welcome" is the initial reason I checked into them because our Pug comes with us on vacation. Once I saw the hotels online, I started checking into the parks a little more. Now my WDW trip has turned into a Universal trip. Disney should really consider a pet friendly hotel....they just lost about $4000 this trip from me. Not that I won't be back next year;), but still....

StillSimbaGirl
06-22-2008, 10:52 PM
My kid has significant sensory issues...and she has just never wanted to stay at the Hard Rock (the idea of music every where, including under the water, just bugs her).

We have stayed at the Portofino and the Royal Pacific...and the Royal Pacific wins hands down for her. Granted, you would think it being the "cheapest" would mean hordes of screaming children etc., but it is so very laid back...Royal Pacific is one of her favorite places on the planet. You might consider NOT hitting the luau (mine can tolerate it now) - but loud drums, waiting in line for food, people who dance with fire...hmmm.

Despite her sensory issues, she actually prefers Universal over Disney...not as crowded, not as hectic, not as scheduled. The last three times - we've gone to Universal rather than Disney because she loves it so. Of course, she's not real big on the rides...but she loves the play areas etc.

If your kid has noise issues, avoid at Islands of Adventure, going to the left - ie, DON"T GO TOWARD THE HULK - it's easily the noisiest place you'll be. Instead head towards Suess Landings...very mellow lands on that 1/2 of the Park. With my kid, if you try to take her someplace too loud, that's it. She'll never go back in.

If you have any questions about sensory stuff and theme parks, feel free to PM me.