PDA

View Full Version : shipping box ahead of time

Jeri Lynn
06-17-2008, 05:16 PM
I was planning on shipping our toiletry items to the Beach Club instead of packing the extra weight in our luggage.

I read on another board that you get charged if you ship to a convention resort.

Does anyone know anything about this??

Thanks!

Hull-onian
06-17-2008, 07:21 PM
I was planning on shipping our toiletry items to the Beach Club instead of packing the extra weight in our luggage.

I read on another board that you get charged if you ship to a convention resort.

Thanks!

I think you have a great idea. I googled your question and did not get a clear cut answer. There are lots of Luggage Shipping companys. I don't know their rates. Here is the Beach Club phone number:407-934-8000, maybe they have an answer to your question.
Maybe someone on Intercot can help. :thanks:

Taja
06-17-2008, 08:14 PM

Thanks!

It's possible. Apparently there are unionized package handling positions at the convention resorts and they do charge a fee if they handle a package.

I wasn't charged a handling fee when shipping to YC in 2003--'course they also lost track of the package! Took them three days to find it!

I have been charged at Las Vegas resorts at times. It doesn't seem to be consistent--although it probably is more consistent now than it was, since more people ship things.

Obviously not WDW, but you get the idea! :)

TheRustyScupper
06-18-2008, 10:06 AM
. . . Apparently there are unionized package handling positions at the convention resorts and they do charge a fee if they handle a package . . .

1) ALL bellmen/bag/luggage positions are unionized.
2) CM's have the option of not joining the union (Right-to-Work state).
3) Also, college program kids can't join.
4) But. the union rules apply whether the CM is or is not in the union.

5) As it relates to convention resorts (for non-conventioners)
. . . if convention bellmen staff get the bag, then there is a charge
. . . if a normal resort bellmen staff get the bag, there is not a charge
. . . you do not know ahead of time who will get the bag/package