PDA

View Full Version : I need some Pixie Dust power....

Flower
06-17-2008, 04:03 PM
I posted on here several months ago that I was so excited to have one of my scrapbook layouts published in a magazine. I sent my chosen layout to the magazine along with a mini-album I made in conjunction with the layout.

My main layout was published, the mini album was not. Yesterday I received a parcel in the mail containing my layout and a copy of the magazine, but not the mini-album.

I contacted the publisher and just received an email back that they cannot find the mini album. :cry: They are 'looking for it'...I have offered to pay postage to have it returned to me.

I am just so upset because this album was one I did of my husband and son and gave it to my husband last year for fathers day. It was my own fault for including it, but I thought they would take care of it as they were with the main lay out.

Now I have reservations about getting more work published....:(

If you could spare some extra :pixie: that they find it....

Jeri Lynn
06-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Here's some pixie dust to help your mini-album be located and safely returned to you!!

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

mickey&missy
06-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh no!! I hope they find it!! Lots of :pixie: for it's safe return!

PirateLover
06-17-2008, 06:09 PM
That is ashame. Here is some scrapbook finding :pixie:
If you are a woman of faith, try a prayer to St. Anthony. Whenever I lose something important, if I haven't found it after a few days I pray to him and it's shown up soon after every single time.

murphy1
06-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Oh, no, I seriously hope it's found, Lea-Ann!! That is so great you had something published. Have you ever considered offering your work on Ebay? You would do quite well I bet. I am hoping to have something I smock and sew published one of these days.

Kairi_7378
06-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Sending some pixie dust that you get your album back! Can you tell us where your scrapbook will be published?

kakn7294
06-17-2008, 11:13 PM
I know how much you were looking forward to having your work published! What a bummer to have them lose the mini-album. Here's a load of :pixie::pixie::pixie: that they find it!

Dsnygirl
06-18-2008, 05:00 AM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: Sending loads of pixie dust your way that they'll find your album... I know how hard you must have worked on it, but from one scrapbooker to another, I know that the emotional investment is even greater. Good luck -- I hope you get some encouraging news soon!! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Flower
06-18-2008, 06:06 AM
Still no email back from the publisher to say they have located it. :(

I never should have sent it in the first place, but my mom encouraged me to send it with the LO.

The publisher just said they cannot be responsible for stuff people send in that they do not request, however, it bugs me because SHE is the one that emailed me when they received it to ask why I sent it in. I offered there and then to pay for the postage to have it returned to me and she said no, that it was okay and they would return it when they finished with the LO. UGGHHH!!!

Kairi, it is published in the current issue (Summer 2008) of Canadian Scrapbooker magazine on page 28!

wdwgrl377
06-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Sending more :pixie::pixie: your way !!

katzctkpt
06-18-2008, 11:35 AM
The publisher just said they cannot be responsible for stuff people send in that they do not request, however, it bugs me because SHE is the one that emailed me when they received it to ask why I sent it in. I offered there and then to pay for the postage to have it returned to me and she said no, that it was okay and they would return it when they finished with the LO. UGGHHH!!!

Kairi, it is published in the current issue (Summer 2008) of Canadian Scrapbooker magazine on page 28!

That would bug me too if the publisher acknowledged they had it. Why wouldn't she have returned it that day if they weren't gonna use it? That is such ashame. Here's some pixie dust for the return of your mini album. :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: