PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Attractions!: Epcot quarter-final: Shrunk the Audience 3D VS Test Track

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-17-2008, 02:22 PM
The Jungle Trek made a comeback after being behind by several votes at the beginning of the poll against Primeval Whirl, hi everybody and welcome back to the Tournament of Attractions!, we now continue with the final quarter-final match for the Epcot region.

TO RECAP:

Epcot quarter-finals:

Spaceship Earth rolled over Mission: Space
Soarin' flew high above Ellen's Energy Adventure
American Adventure narrowly got by The Seas with Nemo & Friends

DHS quarter-finals:

Rockin' RollerCoaster drove circles around the Great Movie Ride
Star Tours blasted the Back Lot Tour feat. Catastrophe Canyon
Voyage of the Little Mermaid sent Playhouse Disney for a refurbishment!
(1 quarter-final match remains)

MK quarter-finals:

The Haunted Mansion creeped out Space Mountain
Splash Mountain flooded the Country Bear Jamboree
Big Thunder Mountain held up against Peter Pan's Flight

AK quarter-finals:

Expedition Everest dried up Kali River Rapids
It's Tough To Be A Bug squashed Dinosaur
Maharajah Jungle Trek made a comeback and beat Primeval Whirl

UP NEXT:

The final stop in Epcot brings us to a 3D show against a thrill-ride. Who will come out on top as we face Honey, I Shrunk the Audience VS Test Track?

WHAT TO DO:
Vote for the attraction you enjoy more.

The next poll (the last quarter-final match for the DHS region) will be posted when this poll goes to page 2 of this forum.

Happy voting, and by all means, have a Disney Day!

Chris :hatter:

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
06-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Whoooohoooo!! It's 100% of votes for Test Track! Test Track ROCKS!

Capt. Sparrow
06-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Test Track. No contest here. As long as the ride doesn't break down. This one could possibly be a clean sweep. :donald:

Imagineer1981
06-17-2008, 03:21 PM
WOW...I figure test track would win, but thats not really a fair comparison. I would think Ellen vs Honey would be better and Mission Space vs Test Track...just my opinion:blush:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-17-2008, 03:30 PM
WOW...I figure test track would win, but thats not really a fair comparison. I would think Ellen vs Honey would be better and Mission Space vs Test Track...just my opinion:blush:

This just proves it is a completely random poll to determine the quarter-finals. Sure I wanted to move some things around; but random is more fair...for the attractions sake!

Remember, once we begin with the semi-finals (which will be soon now), they're all attractions that you've voted to move forward to that round!

Polynesian Dweller
06-17-2008, 04:22 PM
So far the voting's not a surprise. HISTA was a good attraction when it came out but its been years since it first started showing its age and it needs a replacement.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Goodness, it looks like HISTA needs to become friends with Playhouse Disney (which lost in that quarter-final by 69-1!).

Jeff G
06-17-2008, 05:22 PM
HISTA is just to outdated to compete with TT.

Maelstrom, JIYI or Living with the Land would have been better suited here to compete against TT.

Tinksalot
06-17-2008, 05:31 PM
HISTA is cute the first or maybe second time you see it, but it can't come close to Test Track!

Mad About Mickey
06-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Had to go with TT, my DD ran from it giggling with glee. After HISTA my DS ran in fear.

laward32
06-17-2008, 07:45 PM
I went with TT. It is so much fun. My girls love the end.:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
06-18-2008, 05:37 AM
Test Track is awesome! :mickey:

BritCody
06-18-2008, 06:58 AM
This one was not a hard decision to make. TOT!!!

RBrooksC
06-18-2008, 07:44 AM
I am looking forward to taking my son on TT the next time we are in Disney about three years from August/September.

Kairi_7378
06-18-2008, 08:26 AM
Test Track is a great ride.

I've never liked HISTA. I didn't see it until 10 years or so after the original movie came out and then all of the sequels... I go in there when there is little wait and because my husband likes it.

big blue and hairy
06-18-2008, 08:32 AM
DW and I thoroughly enjoy HISTA, it's a good attraction. We just like TT better. Voting for your preference doesn't mean you hate the other choice. They're both good and very Disney, but I knew Test Track would win head to head.

:sulley:

avantgardeinker
06-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Had TT been up against another attraction it probably wouldn't have gotten my vote. But HISTA is getting old. Also I have this major snake phobia and I can never remember if you feel the snake or not. I always pull my feet up and then miss out on some of the other effects. DH has never gotten a chair that works right. We've gone every year since 2001 except the last couple of years. We finally gave up on it.

:mickey:

beksy
06-18-2008, 11:17 AM
No question...TT! I don't like HISTA at all. I have a major fear of snakes and don't like some of the other effects either so we don't even do it anymore but we loved TT! :mickey:

bruin1344
06-18-2008, 01:06 PM
test track, very good themed thrill ride

hista is ok but its started to get too dated like its predecessor captain eo

katzctkpt
06-18-2008, 01:11 PM
no question Test Track !!!

CU Tiger
06-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Test track by far!:mickey: