PDA

View Full Version : MK kid's menu for DS9?

Gotta Love Eeyore
06-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Any advice on how /where to feed a hungry 9 yo boy at MK on the dining plan?

Last year, we used our TS for dinner so we just snacked all day. This year we are using most of them for lunch. The other parks seem to have a better kids selection.

Im starting to think I may have to go oop for him...mac n cheese or chilled chicken and cheese isjust not gonna cut it.

Any advice is welcome!

Is El Pirata always closed in Sept? We have never found it open.

CanadianWDWFan
06-17-2008, 01:20 PM
What we did somethimes was get him an appetizer from the menu to help fill the void. Sure the kids meals seemed small for our DS but when we gave him an appetizer, it sure helped. We tried to do characater buffets as much as possible. That way it never really became an issue for him.

I would do what you suggested if there is no selection to his liking. Paying oop is a good option.

wendy*darling
06-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Crystal Palace :thumbsup:

Buffets and all-you-care-to-eat meals are the best way for everyone to get as much food, and as much variety, as they need/want.
If you want to take a break from the MK for lunch, I'd suggest a nice boat ride over to the Wilderness Lodge for lunch at Whispering Canyon. They have an all-you-can-eat skillet that is terrific. And the atmosphere there is also lots of fun for boys.

sisterdisco
06-20-2008, 01:48 PM
We ran into a little bit of that last year.
It wasn't that there wasn't "enough" for him to eat, but rather, the kids choices were limited....
IE: Columbia Harbour House---he had to get mac n cheese and it wasn't even good. We ended up sharing w/ him and between desserts etc, he ate enough.

I would suggest Cosmic Ray's. They have some 1/2 BBQ chicken, or Ckn/Rib combo's w/ mashed and cornbread and drink and cookie, that are too big for anyone to eat, so there would be extra to share.

We will be going through the same thing this year. (However, at times, the 11yo will want the nuggets/mac n cheese and switch w/ him).

What might be a good idea, is to let the 9yo DS use his TS credit for a nice breakfast (mine got pancakes/bacon juice etc last year), and then have him use a snack or two for the dinner --ie: a bowl of soup, egg roll etc.. and then you might pay as little out of pocket as possible.

At the other parks.....it was not a problem. There were plenty of choices for the kids.
WATCH OUT THOUGH---unless it changed, Pizzafari did not have Pizza as a choice for the kids!! WEIRD!!

Oh--I think I have read that you can ask for a hamburger separately from combo meal if needed.