PDA

View Full Version : SSW and BWV comments

gmgdisneymom
06-17-2008, 10:55 AM
We just got back from a 4 day vacation. All in all it was a great time. But I do have some comments and learned some lessons. (note - the crowds were NOT bad. I would say 6-7 on a scale of 1-10 - pretty good for the middle of June)

SSW

While it was fun to see the characters, I did not think that it was very organized. You were given a flyer with a map and numbers of different locations, you were not told who would be there or really what was there. As far as getting autographs -good luck - you had to get a fast pass or be one or the two stand-bys that were given out. People stood out for hours to get the fast passes. So people with kids who could not do so were out of luck.

Maybe I am just a little bitter because my DS9 is a huge SW fan and he could not get very many autographs due to the lines and the confusion. (Mama lion feelings)

I also think June is a strange time to have the event. If I were planning something like this I would have it at a time when nothing else was going on. Like Sept or Jan/Feb.

Anyhoo - I do not think that I would go back based upon the above.

BWV

Great location. I liked the 1 bdrm villa and we were put into a great location so we did not have to walk so much.

Transportation (**&%$#@) the worst of anywhere weve been.

Boats FROM the villas came every 10 mins or so (not bad) but boats TO the villas - we never waited less than 35 minutes - in the heat and sun.

Buses - if you were going to DTD then a bus came every 5 mins - if you were going anywhere else - prepare to wait 30 mins AND then stop at 2-3 other places before getting there.

The Pool was wonderful. The kids loved it. They had a lot of lifeguards on duty and watched the chairs (so that people were not saving them all day and not being there)

The boardwalk was great at night. The magicians, the jugglers and comedians. Alot of fun

All in all I think I would rather stay somewhere else due to the transportation but if this was not possible, I would just be prepared to wait.

EMH - the best thing ever - especially MK at night. We took a nap and went to the park at night. It really cleared out about midnight and we could get on almost everything with only a 5 min wait (the exception SM) Everyone LOVED getting on Haunted mansion after 12.

MME - fabulous - no cares. We had no problems at all. It is great to leave your bags when you check onto your flight and not to worry about them until you get to your room

FINALLY (sorry this is so long) I am still amazed at how wonderful and friendly the CM are. Everyone os so helpful and goed out of their way to make sure your vacation is great.

I LOVE DISNEY:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
06-17-2008, 01:09 PM
Thanks for your report!:thumbsup:

We love the BWV for the simple reason, you can walk to two parks. We loved to be able to visit the Studios then Epcot for dinner.

Sorry about the transportation problems. We noticed the same thing about the buses as well. What we did to get to MK is walk through Epcot, grab the monorail to the TTC, change monorails to MK. Might seem a bit confusing but it was easier than waiting for a bus.

KylesMom
06-17-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm sorry you hit a few bumps in your travels, but it sounds like you still had a good time. SWW has been an annual event for many years now, and it seems they get the best turnout in the May/June timeframe. We've been participating in SWW since 2001, and it's always been like that for the celebrity autographs. Many actually camp out the night before!!!

Glad the CMs were top notch during your travels! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

faline
06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for sharing the thoughts about your trip!

ChipnDaleGal
06-17-2008, 04:44 PM
I enjoy the Star Wars Weekend days, but there is a lot going on and it is easy to feel overwhelmed. I am glad to hear that for the most part your family had a nice time. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 01:03 PM
:mickey:Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
06-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

princessgirls
06-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Glad your trip was a good one.

Julie:mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts from your trip. We were there at the BWV starting the weekend of the 13th, but chose not to do SWW. we had done them in the past and once was enough for us! We aren't HUGE fans though, so it wasn't really important for us. Sorry you had such bad experiences with the transportation, we rented a car so we didn't use the transportation at all.