PDA

View Full Version : Dining off-site

RBrooksC
06-17-2008, 10:51 AM
If I may put this out there for everybody's consideration.

If you rent a car or drive to Disney, I would highly recommend going to Giordano's Chicago Pizza when there. One night we took a drive there for dinner and it was fantastic. Now, I have eaten there several times when I am in Chicago since there is one right outside of Midway Airport and the pizza in Orlando is just as good as in Chicago.

The next good thing is when we went, the place was wide open with no wait. We got seated, fed and were out of there in no time.

It is also very close to DTD so it won't take anybody too far off the World to make it that inconvenient.

NJGIRL
06-17-2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the tip. I don't like to have every meal on Disney property and like trying new places. We have eaten at a small Italian Rest on 92 down the street from Orange Lake Country Club many time (can't remember the name:blush:) and it's very good.

g0189a
06-17-2008, 12:19 PM
We have enjoyed Chevy's near downtown Disney (12547 State Road 535 next to McDonald's) and Celebration Town Tavern in Celebration (721 Front St, Celebration). Both are favorites of our family!

Glenn

MuchLovedMama
06-17-2008, 04:06 PM
We always loved Jungle Jim's at Lake Buena Vista. Yummy! Make my mouth water. :thumbsup:

Dopey's Girl
06-17-2008, 04:08 PM
I generally don't leave The World when I'm there, but there is a place called Smoky Bones that is really close that I can't avoid when I'm there! They have the best food. Great pulled pork, baked beans and these little donuts for dessert...YUMMO!!! I ate there in April and have been dreaming of it since...well worth the 6 mins it took us to get there from Pop!

disneygirlie11
06-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Our family loves going to Giordanos!!

Queen Stephanie
06-18-2008, 12:26 AM
We don't ever leave the magic, however, I saw a review about Mama Della's Ristorante at the Loews Portofino Restaurant on Universal properties. Sounds like the food is great and the atmosphere is even better. We are going to check it out on our visit.:thumbsup:

Mulan
06-18-2008, 10:32 AM
We've eaten here too and really enjoyed it. If your not a pizza fan, they have other very taste dishes. We don't eat outside very often, but we like to shop at the local malls and outlets. So we always eat outside on those days. We often eat at Boston's Lobster Feast. It's not the greatest, but we love lobster and it's all-you-can-eat whole lobsters!

DisneyGrrrl
06-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Jungle Jim's is no longer there! :mad::(

luvdiznee
06-18-2008, 12:41 PM
I've heard how good they were. And I also heard they deliver. :number1:Bahama Breeze is one of our favs...BTW.

DDuck66
06-18-2008, 01:18 PM
We discovered Giordano's the last time we stayed at the Sheraton Safari Suites. We really enjoyed it and had plenty of left overs to take back to the room. Luckily we had a fridge in the room!!!

katzctkpt
06-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Does anyone have the address? We may like to try that this year when we go down in December.