PDA

View Full Version : My Flower Power Disney Trip Day 7

PeterPansMagic
06-16-2008, 10:32 PM
We had breakfast at the Pop Century resort. We ate outside like we usually do because it's nice & quiet. There is also a place for Louis to put his ECV without it being in the way. We decided to go to Animal Kingdom Lodge & we had reservations at Grand Floridian Cafe.

We took the bus to Downtown Disney to catch another bus to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Animal Kingdom Lodge is a Deluxe Resort. I wish it wasn't because I would love to stay at this resort & wake up the next morning with an animal outside my window. It's the only resort where I can get Zebra Domes too. They are also building an area just for Disney Vacation Club members.

When we got to the resort we walked around for a bit. We even said Hello to the Mousekeepers. We looked at the animals in the viewing area. They were really active this time. I wish the Giraffes would get closer though. They actually have telescopes in the viewing areas too but you have to pay to look in them.

We decided to go outside the resort to view the animals out in that area. They were the same animals but in a different view. We even talked to a woman who said one of the animals just gave birth and the baby had to stay in a holding area in the very back. We also learned why flamingos are in different colors.

It was time for my Zebra Domes which is a dessert in a shaped of a dome that is decorated with Zebra stripes. We got them at The Mara which is Animal Kingdom Lodge dining area. I don't know what The Mara means but I'm going to take a guess & say it means The Market. We wanted a place to sit so I could eat them right away. We sat in the pool area to eat them. They taste much better when they're cold.

We walked around a little bit more & then decided it was time to go. We took the bus to Magic Kingdom & then transferred to the Monorail to Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

We walked around the Grand Floridian which is another Deluxe Resort. Since we didn't take video of this resort in December, I took video and pictures of it this time. We walked over to the Wedding Chapel which was really beautiful. I took a video of it & I tried to get a picture of us with the arch behind us. We walked back to the resort & we sat for awhile. While sitting, Louis told me about a duck that people were looking at. I didn't see where he was but while waiting for him to come back I saw a Bride & Groom riding on a golf cart headed towards the wedding chapel. Louis came to me & took me to where the ducks were. I walked up to the ducks and the duck kept on quacking. He would even open his mouth like he wanted something. Louis took a picture of me talking to them.

It was time for us to eat so we went to the Grand Floridian Cafe since we had reservations. This was an OK restaurant. We only had hamburgers which were way better than Mickey's Backyard BBQ. After eating, they had the 1900 Park Faire restaurant open so I saw some Cinderella characters talking to some of their customers. Next time we will have to try that.

We took the monorail back to Magic Kingdom & then took the bus back to our resort. We filled up our mugs & sat outside for a bit while Louis talked to Jim. After Louis talked to Jim, I refilled our mugs & we went back to our room for the night.

Stay tuned to Day 8.

faline
06-17-2008, 11:34 AM
It's always fun to visit other resorts! What a nice resort-touring day you had! Too funny about your talking duck but if he's trying to interview for a position, I think Disney already has a few talking ducks on cast!

ChipnDaleGal
06-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks for sharing your nice and relaxing day with us. :mickey:

DizNee143
06-27-2008, 10:30 AM
its nice having a day to visit resorts..i love doing that..glad you had a good time visiting the grand floridian and the AKL!:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for sharing.:mickey: