PDA

View Full Version : June 12-13 Epcot Dad & Great Niece and Nephew

DisneyEpcotDad
06-16-2008, 09:24 PM
:mickey: Thursday June 12th. Due to constant misbehavior on little ones part, I pretty much had decided to not even try Animal Kingdom as I originally had planned. Instead I let them sleep late. After they awoke, sometime after 9, we ate breakfast in the room. They then did pool time for about 2 hours. I then drove over to the Marketplace to the land of the golden arches for lunch which they enjoyed. We then caught the 2:30 showing of Kung Fu Panda to include pop corn and a drink! After that we ventured over to Old Port Royale for pizza for dinner. Then returned to HS with the intent of watching Fantasmic. Nephew was complaining about the clorine from the pool bothering his eyes. So i instructed him to wash them out with cold water which seemed to help. We wound up next doing Star tours (they rode it twice), the Movie Ride (they rode it twice) and an encore presentation of Muppet 3 D. They attempted to do Toy Story around 8:30, but I believe there was a 70 minute wait and Fast passes were gone for the day. We ended the evening at Old Port Royale for a late snack. As the night ended I felt joy that I had survived to make it to our last day at DW on Friday!

Friday June 13th. An early rise got us to MK by opening time. We tramped over to Frontierland to get a fast pass for Splash Mountai and then ride Thunder Mountain. After getting the Fast pass I discovered that Splash Mountain was not yet working. But we got on Thunder Mountain rather quickly and the kids enjoyed the ride. It did not seem as adventureous as it had before when I rode it. later on it was also down for repairs. We did the Haunted Mansion (the kids rode it twice). Stich was next. It's been modifed since I last rode it, and the modifications seemed to make it a less enjoyable attraction. But, now it doesn't scare kids like the Alien Adventure did. We did the People Mover again ate lunch at the Harbor, did the Laugh Factory, which we all enjoyed (my first time doing it). We ventured over to find that Splash Mountain was working and I used our expired Fastpasses as one fast pass had a time in the window of when we returned. I covered up the other obsolete times with the first fast pass that was legal! All 3 of us sat in one seat. They survived the ride and so did I with my eyes closed during the final descent. Then it was, Pool Time! The kids had an "appointment" to meet their friend at 4:00 p.m. So, they were in the pool from about 2 p.m until about 4:18 at which point I was about to extract them from the pool. But as I was about to do so, niece tactfully pointed out that their "friends" had just arrived. So, since the afternoon was going relatively peaceful, I let them stay in the pool until I noticed that around 5:30 I could tell everyone was starting to get on each others nerves. So, I told them "lets go" to purchase souvenirs back at the market place. The Golden Arches was our "dinner" location after which we visited the Disney Store. I found some friends souvenirs and not nephew a football he wanted. Niece later got the spray bottle she had pestered me about for the past 4 days. Although nephew seemed tired, I motivated him to accompany us to watch the parade at MK which was the crowning end to our DW trip.

The next morning I got us to the airport early, the kids had one last fight at the airport. We had a somewhat turbulence filled ride to Dallas, but the kids didn't seem to be bothered. I handed the kids off to their mom, sighed that I had survived the trip and went to find my gate for my ride back home to Indiana.

I'm still glad i was able to treat the kids to a DW experience. Those dad skills were a little rusty but I got through the week!:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

daparish
06-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Glad you survived!!!!!:mickey:

faline
06-17-2008, 11:30 AM
It was wonderful of your to take the kids to Disney World but I'll bet you enjoyed a bit of peace and quiet when you left them with their mom! I'll bet those kids will think you're the bestest uncle ever!

ChipnDaleGal
06-17-2008, 04:32 PM
It was so nice of you to treat those kids to a WDW trip. I am sure the heat and humidity probably helped those sibling fights kick up. But I hope that all three of you cam away with more fond memories than bad. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Be sure, as they grow older and wiser, these two will cherrish the fact that Uncle brought them to WDW. You have instilled great things in them!

Thanks for sharing.:mickey: