PDA

View Full Version : Dining Rotation??

BluegrassDaisy
06-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Is it possible to request a specific dining rotation? If so, should I contact DCL or my travel agent? As a CC member, I can make Palo reservations in a few days and would like to have some idea of the rotation before I call. Thanks!

sisterdisco
06-16-2008, 06:26 PM
We went in 2003, so things might have changed, but if I were to offer advice.....

We did Palo for brunch, and it was AMAZING---we grazed for quite a while!

We did Palo for dinner one night, and although it was very good, I thought the brunch had all the exact same food, and brunch was better.

If you make a brunch ressie, then you won't miss any of the dining rotations.

You didn't say if you were going to 3,4 or 7 days...
If you are going on the MAGIC---don't miss the Tropical Rainforest in the spa area. Tile lounges that heat to your body temperature, eucalyptus piped in, saunas, steam rooms etc.....wish I could have taken it home w/ me!

Have a great time!

TammiMcMan
06-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Unfortunately, everyone goes into booking Palo not knowing what their dining rotation will be. Some people overcome this by booking a time that will allow them to dine in both places (Palo & their rotational restaurant). Which cruise are you taking? All but the 3 night repeat a restaurant, so we might be able to help you with choosing a night if we have an idea of what cruise you're on.

I believe dining rotation requests are limited to those staying in the suites. Worst case, you can try to change your reservation when you get on board and find out your rotation. A lot of people do that, plus DCL does not release all their reservations on line, so there are some openings still available for last minute bookings.

BluegrassDaisy
06-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks so much for your responses. We'll be going on the 4 night. On our last cruise (it was a 3 night) our rotation was Parrot Cay, Triton's & Animators. It seems I read somewhere that your rotation was partially based on the ages of children in your party (that may be totally off); but we'll have our 10 yr old DD if that makes a difference. Last time she was 5 and we also had our 17 yr old DD. Thanks again for your help - I think I'll just choose a night and hope for the best!

TammiMcMan
06-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Yes, I remember trying to figure out our rotation based on the kids ages for our first cruise. Unfortunately, thats not so reliable anymore.

For the 4 night cruise, you'll eat in the same restaurant on the 2nd and 3rd night of your cruise. The 3rd night is the Pirates of the Caribbean party, so all the rotational restaurants have the same exact menu.

Personally, I've always enjoyed eating in Palo on the very first night. The kids are so eager to explore everything and dinner time comes so quickly after you board, get your luggage and settle into a stateroom. Not sure if they still do it, but in the past, the kids club has had a pizza party later on the first night that my kids didn't want to miss.

megustamex
09-24-2008, 04:18 PM
When exactly do you find out what your dining rotation is? When you check in at the port?

TammiMcMan
09-24-2008, 04:31 PM
When exactly do you find out what your dining rotation is? When you check in at the port?Yes. Your dining rotation and table number are printed on your key to world cards.

Auroring Good Time
09-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Also, Palo's has a high tea with amazing scones. They are absolutely delicious.

ElenitaB
09-24-2008, 11:29 PM
High Tea is only offered during the 7 night (or longer) cruises during sea days. I can only wish they'd offer it on a 4 night cruise!