PDA

View Full Version : Girl Scouts

Cinderellaluver
06-16-2008, 04:56 PM
As we all get older in my gs(girl scout) troop we are going to start quitting and I was thinking as something to do before we all go away we could take a trip to Disney World.
I realize it's gunna take alot of work to be able to afford the trip but I think we can handle it.
Any tips for us planning wise or how to earn money?They're will be 7 of us girls and I don't know how many parents yet.

KylesMom
06-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Throughout my Girl Scout career, we were able to do some amazing things up to the time I was 18 & we all "left the nest". Although it never culminated with a trip to Disney, I know it can be done. First off, get your troop leader involved - she is the one who can ultimately make this happen. Find out if it is a realistic goal, and if enough of your Troop wants to participate.

Consider camping out at Fort Wilderness during a reasonable time of the year - and choose several fundraising efforts which you can raise money while helping your community. Ensure that all of the members in your troop are on board with the ultimate goal, and make sure that you set realistic fundraising goals. Figure out how much each girl needs to "ante up" out of pocket, and make certain that no one is left behind due to their own personal family situations. See if parental volunteers for driving can happen, and also research what assistance Disney can give you.

Girl Scouting was a true blessing in my youth to keep me grounded, and I hope you stick with it as long as you can. Good luck in your venture! :mickey:

brownie
06-16-2008, 11:51 PM
You might find some helpful information here: Walt Disney Youth Groups (http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.com/wdyp/home).

kakn7294
06-17-2008, 08:16 AM
You will definitely need to get your leader involved. As Girl Scouts, we have all kinds of rules and regulations regarding earning money and travel. Your leader should have a book called "Safety-Wise" - this book has all the guidelines for running a troop, including those involving travel and earning money. You will need to present your plans to counsil for approval - things like tentative dates, who may be traveling with you (you will need an appropriate ratio of girls to adults based on your ages), what your expenses will be, how you intend to earn the money - even things like bake sales and car washes can't happen without counsil's approval. It's not going to be an easy endeavor to undertake but you can do it! Good luck to you!

Cinderellaluver
06-18-2008, 06:36 PM
thanks for everything it will truly help!!

g8rgirl29
06-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Good Luck to you and your fellow girl scouts!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!! Present this to your leader and council in a well prepared manner with as much research as you can find!! Meet with your troop and make sure that everyone is on board, a united well informed group will help!! :tink:Here is a little Pixie Dust to get you started!!:tink:

Cinderellaluver
06-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the pixie dust!! we'll defiantly need it lol.

:mickey: