PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Teppan Edo

Dyanna
06-16-2008, 12:53 PM
We will be in WDW this coming Nov. My dd wants to try this restaurant in Japan but have not heard much about it. Can you tell me the pro & cons of eating here . The Japanese grill here by our house I do not like as everything they make on the grill is extremely salty tasting. What would you do?

bruin1344
06-16-2008, 01:15 PM
one of my favorite restaurants in disney, the food is nice and fresh, its fun having them cook in front of you

its not their cup of tea for some people who dont like veggies or thinks not deep-fried

sisterdisco
06-16-2008, 06:50 PM
We are going for the 1st time in August.
We are excited.
I have heard from friends that it is excellent.
I would assume that you can ask them to cut back on the salt.

Ichiban costs us a fortune, so I am looking at this as a similar experience for much less!

elmjimmlm
06-16-2008, 07:17 PM
We ate there 2 years ago and I will have to say that has to be the best that I have ever had...Maybe it was because it was at Disney...:blush:

SBETigg
06-16-2008, 07:43 PM
It is fun, but it's pretty much the same kind of food that you get at any hibachi-style place. If you don't like that, you probably won't love this either. The salty taste isn't usually added salt, but from the soy sauce. The flavors are heavily influenced with soy sauce and ginger. This doesn't change by request. It is how they season and cook the food.

katzctkpt
06-18-2008, 02:43 PM
We ate there before the refurb. and loved it. It favors a lot of the other Japanese restaurants that I've been too but, I honestly thought it to be one of my best meals in Disney.
I love scallops from there.

Tygger7
06-18-2008, 02:59 PM
We ate at Teppan Edo in May of this year and it was our favorite meal of the whole trip. The food and service were both excellent. We all tried something different (filet, NY Strip, chicken, shrimp) and everything was delicious and cooked to perfection. We have a hibachi style steakhouse near us, but Teppan Edo is 1000% better all the way around.

Capt. Sparrow
06-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Idefitnitely reccomend eating here. Besides eating at Le Celliars, this is my fav resturant to eat at. We just ate here in May and already booked it for our December trip. The food is excellent, and the chefs are very entertaining. If vegetables are not your thing (like me), you can order your meal without vegetables, and the serving size is still a generous amount.

Checkers
06-19-2008, 05:38 PM
:mickey:We ate there in April and loved it. Everything was cooked to perfection. The only downside is if you don't like to be seated with strangers. The tables seat 8 people. We were seated with two other couples with their young daughters and they were delightful. We are going again in Oct. and there will be 10 fo us so 2 of us will be seated with strangers:D.

The soy sauce does tend to make the food more salty but I didn't think it was too much.

henry.james.s
06-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Overall my fave at Epcot. Great food. When I was there last year during the Food & Wine Fest Bobby Flay stopped by our table to check out the action..he was impressed as well. :thumbsup:

garymacd
06-20-2008, 10:42 AM
We ate there for the first time this past May and really enjoyed it. I have never eaten like this before, but my beloved wife has.

We loved the food and presentation. Chef was excellent. And they do make a production of giving you a fork. The only utensil you will need. There are also chopsticks for you to use. Give them a try. We were the only ones at our table to use them.

It is a lot of fun if you sit with a larger group. Our table was full of strangers who were too shy to say anything to anyone else.

The only thing that detracted from the meal was the noise. I guess that is all part of the show, but I was finding it difficult to hear the servers and chef.

SurferStitch
06-20-2008, 12:48 PM
The Japanese grill here by our house I do not like as everything they make on the grill is extremely salty tasting. What would you do?

That's exactly what I love about Teppan Edo.....it's not salty tasting at all! We have a couple local Japanese grills near us, too, and the food is always too salty for my taste. At Teppan Edo, they get it perfect! They know exactly how much sauce to use to really bring out the flavors of the veggies and meat. This is a must-do on every trip!

I will say, though, that this has become a very, very popular restaurant (like Le Cellier status). I highly recommend trying to make an ADR immediately. It may be booked up already, but if you're flexible, you might be able to get a late seating.