PDA

View Full Version : Backlot Canteen ???

Disney_Barbie
06-16-2008, 11:43 AM
On an another disney-fan website I was checking out the menu's and noticed one for the "Backlot Canteen" I was suprised because I've never heard of it. I clicked on it, and it was a drink menu offereing items like margaritas, pina coladas and long islands (along w/ beer, wine and on alcholic specialty drinks) is this a DRINK menu for the backlot express? Or is there a "bar" somewhere in the studios that I didn't know about? If so, where is this located. I checked the studios map but it wasn't listed, so I'm thinking it must be more like a drink stand or something... So confused!

Hull-onian
06-16-2008, 12:13 PM
I pulled the new Hollywood Studios Map and the only thing I found was Backlot Express, which happens to be very good. It is next to the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. If you are facing the Stunt Show it would be to your right. I read the guidemap and didn't see it listed. Maybe someone else can have some input on this.:confused:

Tigerinvestigator
06-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Yes it is still there. It is located across from the entrance to the Backlot tour. They have a full service bar and bartender. It has been there for years.

Disney_Barbie
06-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Yes it is still there. It is located across from the entrance to the Backlot tour. They have a full service bar and bartender. It has been there for years.

WOW, that's news to me! I guess because I haven't been on the backlot tour since pre-drinking age. Good to know!

I was confused thinking it was the drink menu @ Backlot express, since I was there, just 6 months ago and KNEW they only had beer & wine.

THANKS SO MUCH! That's what I LOVE about these boards!

DisneyTeen
06-16-2008, 03:55 PM

Yup, we found this last trip as well. Full bar. They have special drinks and a few beers on tap. Very nice to get out of the sun and grab a seat at the bar to rest for a few.:beer::marg:

KylesMom
06-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Is this an outdoor venue or an indoor location? Is it near the Coca-Cola bottle mister? For the life of me I can't figure out how we've missed this before!

Figment!
06-17-2008, 10:18 AM
#27 on the INTERCOT Disney's Hollywood Studios Dining Map (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/studiosmap.asp)

brownie
06-17-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't recall ever seeing this, but maybe we'll have to check it out on our next trip!