PDA

View Full Version : Just joined DVC! WOOHOO!!

laprana
06-16-2008, 11:31 AM
After our most recent WDW trip May 29-June 9, we finally decided that it was time to join DVC! We went on the tour during our trip and after lots and lots of discussion and number crunching, decided it was the best move for us! So, we called our guide and made it official last Friday, buying into AKL! Now we're just waiting for the paperwork to arrive so it's really official! We're so excited and really looking forward to being a part of DVC!!

Any advice for newcomers from all you experienced DVC owners?

threeh
06-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Congrats!!! My Dh and I are looking into DVC as well (that's why I'm lurking over on this board) and I understand your excitment. Enjoy!!!:cloud9:

Maleficent's Dad
06-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Congratulations!!!

:welcome: Home!!!

:clappy: :woohoo: :clappy:

KineGirl
06-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Been a completely satisfied DVCer for 14 years here! :wave:

Love Love LOVE AKL! Congratulations!!! - its the only DVC other than the ones I own I wish I had points at! The only advice I can give you is to just make those payments religiously and before you know it it will be payed off and then you will be on easy street just paying dues. Then you can start adding points pretty easily. If you have the extra cash and a point "deal" is presented to you that looks good - get it! Sometimes we have been able to take advantage and sometimes we have had to pass but I am SO glad we did the deals when we could and now have those extra points! - More time in WDW!

Really the best advice is just - enjoy!

Welcome to the Club! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Congrats on your purchase.. I did the same thing last year... I took the DVC tour in May, and decided to purchase in August... And I am glad I did...

DVC Mike
06-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Congrats and Welcome Home!

We love AKV!

Best advice I can give is to try and plan and book your vacations as far in advance as possible.

OhToodles!
06-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Congratulations!

We recently signed up as well and can't wait for our first DVC trip in October. We just got our actual DVC membership cards in the mail this past week so now we know it's true! We're already planning our next trips for June & December 2009!

Olivia's Daddy
06-16-2008, 03:00 PM
We just did it too. We went in May and stayed at the AKL. We were just blown away by the place. That, along with the bill we recieved at the end of the stay convinced us to do it. We bought 250 points. We got the 8.00 per point discount, along with the 250 developer points for SSR. We just booked a 2BR at SSR for 7 nights in Jan 09, and we're gonna book AKL for June 09. Sweet.

Septbride2002
06-16-2008, 03:20 PM
:welcome:

WELCOME HOME!

We love our DVC membership as someone said make your payments religiously and remember it is an investment into quality vacations.

Part of what I LOVE about DVC is that it is a guranteed vacation every 2 years if not every year. We bought only 150 points and have yet to have any shortage of points. However I would like to buy 150 more ;)

AKL is one of my favorite resorts - I can't wait to see how the DVC section turns out!

~Amanda

Shugoondola
06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Congratulations and Welcome Home!

I've been very happy with DVC and hope you'll love it as much as I do.

:mickey:

laprana
06-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks so much everyone! I can't wait to start planning out next trip (well, actuall I started the day we got home from our last one! :secret:) I'm really excited to stay in AKL...I've wanted to stay there since the first time I visited there a few years ago! I'm also hoping by being in DVC we'll be able to stay in different resorts! :thumbsup:

sillyolbear
06-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Congratulations!

Best advice I can give is start enjoying the planning for the first of many trips home.

DisneyWhirled
06-16-2008, 09:56 PM

We love our DVC!!!

Fryguy
06-16-2008, 10:40 PM

vizsla
06-17-2008, 05:17 AM
Congratulations and Welcome Home

MarkC
06-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Congrats to you and your family!! You didn't mention how old everyone is, but our kids are 18 and 16. We've watched them grow up at Disney. We also love knowing that in 10, 20, and 30 years that hopefully our grand-kids will be staying there because of what we did. Think of the memories they will have as well. Enjoy it as often as you can!!! Mark

CanadianWDWFan
06-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Congrats! and :welcome: home!

Horizon93
06-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Congrats and :welcome: home!

And also welcome to the AKV family!