PDA

View Full Version : graduation celebration day 7 and our last day

tinklover
06-16-2008, 10:43 AM
today is DHS day. we slept in til about 9 had breakfast and then headed off to teh park. we met up with the family first thing . we got fast passes for ToT. then headed over to RR. they did not want to wait for 70 min and i said they have a single riderline but we will be sepreated. they said they did not want to be sepreated they wanted to ride together. so i said ok do what you want and we went on our own way. we headed right for back lot tour. i do not like it as much as i did in 99. why don;t they take you thru the street anymore to see the golden girl house and what not. they basically just do catastrphy canion and that is it. i was a lil upset about that. my DBF got to see his power rangers (http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/HPIM1687.jpg) lol. and that made his day.we then hit the muppet 3d movie and the girls loved it. we got turkey legs for lunch and after luch i needed a smoke. so we went to teh smoking area next to sweet spells. my DBF headed for teh bathroom and the girls were complaining about teh sun. i said well go stand in teh shade and watch that CM make some candy apples. she looked up and saw them and waved us in and i was held up my finger as to say wait . just as my DBF got back another CM came out and asked if they could help him make some candy . i said sure. they took teh girls to the back of teh shop washed tehir hands, gave em them gloves, hair nets and paper hats that say little dipper. they then got to dip marshmellows. they let them keep tehir creations (http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/Lildipper1.jpg) and gave them certificates (http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/lildipper2.jpg). i was crying teh whole time watching thru the window . i was hoping the other family members would walk by to see that. that is what disney is truly about making special memoiries for the guests. after the candy making we headedback to POP for some R&R and dinner. we then went to get back on a bus to head back for EMH. our driver got lost and took us to MK . never once got on teh PA to say he had made a mistake he was taking ups back people were asking where are we going and got no responce. the woman behind us was beginning to freak out as it looked at one point like we were ehaded for I4. she called POP and complained about it they asked for teh bus # and he would not respond . once we got off the bus at DHS we got teh bus # and gave it to the person on teh phone and they sent a manager over to teh bus stop right away. we ended up getting 2 no strings fast passes. we went right to fanstasmic and then after that we headed straight for toy story mania. 70 min wait on teh stand by sign but with our special fast pass we got it was a 5 min wait. I so loved this ride and i can not wait to ride it again. after that we went over to teh playhouse disney building and they were having a dance party for everyone with characters. my girls gotto dance with goofy and mickey and pluto and the lil einsteins. after that we headed for voyage of teh lil mermaid which my girls loved and sang along with ariel lol. after that we went to pick up our souveniers we had bought as if we had them sent to our hotel they would not get ther etil after we left teh next day. we headed out of teh park and i was again crying becasue it was the end of our vacation and we wer eto head home the next morning.

Last day

we got up and had breakfast and did some shopping in everything Pop. I got the green monorail and teh girls got some sparkly princess sneakers. then we checked out and headed to Downtown disney to get some disney family auto stickers and some princess toys the girls saw a girl playing with in the pool. worldof disney did not have the lil girl stickers so we had to head to boardwalk to get them. once we got thyem we got on the road. stayed teh night in SC as my feet had started to swell rapidly and it was very painful. got home friday evening and headed rightf or the ER as teh swelling had moved up to my legs as well. the docs thought i had a blood clot and sent me for an ultra sound on my legs sat morning. all came back fine must have just been all teh walking and teh ehat that caused teh swelling. we are home and already looking at dates to plan our next trip . AS i stated before NEVER again will i go with my DDs' family.

faline
06-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Even though you ran into some problems with the larger group, it's clear you had lots of fun on your trip!

The candy making was a really special moment for your girls! They looked so cute! No wonder you had tears in your eyes!

KineGirl
06-16-2008, 04:11 PM
awww.. youre right! moments like those is what Disney is all about!! Its so awesome they had a Magical Moment like that!

I know its sad to leave the World - I always cry too but dont worry! It will always be there waiting for you to come back - right where you left it :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

daparish
06-16-2008, 10:47 PM
What a special treat for the girls. Glad you had a good trip.

ChipnDaleGal
06-17-2008, 09:27 AM
What a wonderful experience your girls had making candy. They look so cute in their little chef hats. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy being part of the big family group, but it does sounds like you had a great time with your little family group. Thanks for all the reporting. :mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-17-2008, 06:53 PM
sounds like you guys had a much better trip once you separated from your extended family. It is hard to do WDW with big families unless they like to do WDW the way you do! Hope your next trip is truly magical! Glad your legs are better and you had no blood clot!

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 11:23 AM
What a great time....I'm sorry it had to come to an end. I understand the crying while watching the girls. When my DGD was interacting with Mickey, I thought I was going to bust. The tears were flowing, I just couldn't stop them!

Thanks for sharing.:mickey: