PDA

View Full Version : Graduation celebration days 2 and 3

tinklover
06-16-2008, 09:26 AM
day 2
got a call form the rest of the group at 9 they had just got to their hotel. so we loaded the kids up to take my nephew to his mom and dad. they followed us back to our hotel sicne they could not check in til noon. they left around 12:30 and we went down to the pool for a bit then up to the room for a nap. we woke up a bit later then we had planned it was around 7 pm lol. went down for dinner . food was ok but they only had 3 items on teh buffet as the main dish.
after dinner the girls wanted to swim again so we got back into our suites and got in the pool for a lil while then back to bed.

Day 3
here is a lilback story to fill you in. 5 days before we wer eto leave the other portionof our group calle dme to tell me they had to back out of pop century as they did not manage tehir money wisely and if they stayed there they would be broke when they got home. so i had to call kathy at MJ and get her to cancel them out.
then once we found them a hotel with in their budget we wer elooking for hotels in cocoa beach for 2 nights as poppop wanted to go to the beach. he then says oh no i don;t want to stay ther ei just thought we would stop at a beach on our way down. so then it was up to us to find a room for 2 nights in teh orlando area. ok so we get up and have breakfast and check out of teh ramada and then head over to their hotel. we get there and suggest going to world of wonder museum or gator land since we don;t have tyo check in to pop til 3. poppop then says i thought we were going to the beach? i said that is news to me you all said you didnot want to stay there and it is an hour away from here and it is already noon no point in us driving an hour there just to stay for 45 min to an hour. if you all wanna go then go we will find something to do ourselves. he then spazzes on me saying no one ever knows anything and no one is organized i said wait a min i was told to plan this trip out and everyone would follow and that has yet to happen. i then say we are headed to downtown disney if yall want to go to that is fine and we all headed there. all i heard was how hot it was and how expensive stuff was and wha wha wha wha . i finally just said then go back to your hotel . we split up and went our own ways . the girls did the my lil pony fill a box and i got a beautiful tink charm bracelet and added some mickey head birthstone charms as well. then we headed to POP. we pull in to the guest check in parking lot and i am crying like a baby . my DBF asks me what is wrong was i upset with they way the others acted i said no it is just that i am here on disney property . I have seen pics of this place but now i am really here and looking at it for myself . he rolls his eyes and says i can see what this trip will entail lol. we check in and we did not get a room number when we reserved teh room . so our CM pulls out a map and says where do you want to live? i ask if we could be near the hippy dippy pool and she says you sure can . we got room 4354. it was lake side and quiet. it had a special perk that i will get to in a lil bit. so we get to our room and i imediately start decorationg the door (http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/HPIM1589.jpg)and window (http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/twostepper_1999/HPIM1590.jpg). once we are settled in we head to Everything pop to get our mugs and some dinner. we got the lo mein with shrimp and teh girls got the lo mein with veggies for kids. 5 bites in to it notice it is a tad spicy and i start to itch. i head up to the line where we got it and i ask if it has chilli peper in the dish and they say yes it has sweet chillis. i said ok ty now i know why i am itchy. well they told a manager and she hunts me down. offers me a new meal and i decline saying i am really not that hungry anymore and she asks if i want to be taken to teh first aid building and i tell her no i have benadryl in my room. she then goes and grabs to chocolate dipped mickey head rice krispy treats and gives them to my girls. we go back to teh room and get ready for the pool and after the pool we head to bed as we have to be up at 6 to get ready for our early BBB appointment.

faline
06-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Sounds like you got something you're allergic to as part of your dinner. Hopefully, the ithcy feeling went away soon!

Glad you've finally arrived on Disney property!

Sorry about the dissension among the members of your group! It certainly is hard to please everyone!

shadowden
06-16-2008, 03:53 PM
...sounds like you're itching to get out to the parks... ;)

KineGirl
06-16-2008, 03:55 PM
sometimes when fellow travelers just dont "get it" or get into the spirit ( about Disney ) it can really be a bummer. Im hoping your trip went better, more smoothly and there is no more chili pepper

pdrlkr
06-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

daparish
06-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the report. Hopefully everyone finds the Disney magic and things get better.

ChipnDaleGal
06-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Sorry you had some problems today with your group and your dinner. But it does sound like you are happy to be at the Pop and you sure have your room all gussied up! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Sorry you had so many problems for the start of your trip. We were just there early this month and I had the same sort of problems with my mom and gm. I hate when people complain about WDW, especially my own family. I love the place and I don't like when people down the place I love!

Anyway I hope that the rest of your trip proves to be wonderful! Cute pics too btw.

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm so sorry about the family issues.....I refuse to travel with anyone who doesn't "GET IT," as far as Disney is concerned. I hope things improve quickly.

Thanks for sharing.:mickey: