PDA

View Full Version : Photos from October 1976

RBrooksC
06-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Well, I finally got my slide to digital picture converter. The first batch of slides I am converting are the ones from my first trip to Disney in 1976. I would love to post them here but it shows I may not post attachments.

So far I have photos from a parade, me with Mickey, my brother and me with Goofy, the castle with my mom, my brother and me in front, and a photo from in front of the train station just below the Mickey in flowers. There are over 60 photos left to scan including ones from Sea World and, if you can believe it, Circus World.

Piglet822
06-16-2008, 01:54 PM
You can post them to a site such as Webshots, photobucket, etc and post a link to the page.
That way you can share your memories with everyone - I would love to see them :)

RBrooksC
06-16-2008, 03:01 PM
What is amazing is how much everything looks the same but when it comes to the characters, clothing and hairstyles is makes one laugh.

sisterdisco
06-16-2008, 06:44 PM
CIRCUS WORLD---there is a blast from the past!!

I was telling my kids, that when I was their age, we were visiting my Grandparents who lived in Zephyrhills (about an hour away). We would be in bumper to bumper traffic for miles and miles before we would get to Disney grounds. One day, after waiting forever in traffic, there was a little wooden tent type sign w/ Mickey on it, saying Magic Kingdom was filled to capacity.

I remember being SOOOOO disappointed, and we ventured to Circus World for the day.

We too, have pictures from '76. The bicentennial parade w/ the colonial characters w/ huge heads and the Betsy Ross was really cool!

I had a Large brimmed light blue hat w/ a Mickey on the front--to go w/ my polyester and bell bottoms!

Piglet822
06-16-2008, 10:24 PM
What is amazing is how much everything looks the same but when it comes to the characters, clothing and hairstyles is makes one laugh.

But the clothing style is making a comeback! I just hope the hairstyles don't :nono: I was in high school in the late 70's (graduated in '79) and I remember all the girls having the Farrah Fawcett hairdo.

RBrooksC
06-17-2008, 07:56 AM
I remember several years ago I was working p/t at a Toys R Us and there were teen girls there wearing "Bell Bottoms". When I told them that I was assured they weren't "Bell Bottoms" but "Flair Pants." I said call them what you will but back in 1976 they were "Bell Bottoms."

Also, I need to rescan all the slides I have done because I had them all backwards. So, every photo was reversed. Also, I really need to get some canned air to clean the slides before I scan them.

However, I did see some photos of the monorail line from the CR. There is a photo looking in the direction of GF but there is nothing there. Also, there is a photo from CR of the MK. One can see SM and the castle but in thirty two years the amount of build up of everything is clearly evident.

It is also interesting how the characters were roaming the park and not set up in Character meeting areas.

drummerboy
06-17-2008, 08:24 AM
DW and I might be in some of your photos. We were there in early October that year on our delayed honeymoon (we married in August but I couldn't get much time off until fall). Three days was enough to see it all back then, including River Country swim park. We stayed in FW.

RBrooksC
06-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I remember bits and pieces from the trip.

I remember eating a Character Meal at King Stefan's and it being Mickey and Friends and not the Princesses.

We stayed at the Golf Resort and my dad didn't play any golf.

We spent some time swimming at the Poly pool or in Seven Seas Lagoon and being able to swim out to a green float anchored several yards out into the lagoon.

I am not sure how many days we spent in the MK. We did spend a day at Sea World and Circus World.

Oh, and we got to Disney by taking The Auto Train. That was an experience. I don't remember much except being five years old and finding it exceedingly difficult us the toilet on a moving train.

Oh yeah, and Space Mountain. I went through the queue but for some reason, either my not being tall enough or my mom chickening out, we didn't ride it. I didn't get to ride it until 1983.