PDA

View Full Version : Ragland Road

Sunshine1010
06-16-2008, 03:09 AM
I have an ADR for Ragland Road in December. I thought it would be something different. Our ADR is at 6:30pm.

Well, upon reading about this place, there is a show of some kind. So I went to YouTube and looked it up. There are a few videos of girls dancing on tables to Irish music.

Is there a show?
Can a 7 yr old boy eat here?
If there is a show, what times?
Is there info about the times and the show somewhere?

SurferStitch
06-16-2008, 06:27 AM
The dancing and music usually start around 9:00 pm. It's not always on the dot, but around that time.

Periodically throughout the night between 9pm and closing, they will have an Irish dancer on a small platform in the center of the main room dance to a song. I think it was like every 20 minutes or so. She's in traditional costume, so it's fine for a young child to be there.

I will warn you, though....the music is VERY loud. If you sit in the main part of the restaurant (the center circle), you won't be able to talk while they play. If you sit toward the outer part of the restaurant, it's a little better.

The band is excellent, as are the dancers. The first time we dined there was in December. We had a 7:00 pm ADR, and our server told us about the music. Two hours seemed like a long time to sit around, but he paced our meal perfectly, and before we knew it, the band started.

SBETigg
06-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Raglan Road was one of our favorite meals on our last trip. There were some young children there, and they weren't out of place. I'm not sure there's a set schedule for the show. The band starts at nine or so and the dancing happens periodically throughout the band's performance, usually one Irish step dancer on a platform stage that also has seating for dining in the middle of the room. A family with three children from two to about ten were seated at the dancer's table when I was there.

I give bands and performers the courtesy of my attention when they're on stage, so I didn't try to talk during the performance to know if it is prohibitively loud, but they do take frequent breaks. We had a lot of fun.

WorldTraveler
06-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Had a great time there last July. We missed the music and dancing as we were too early. Manager came over to ask how things were and we said great. He suggested that we arrive a little later next time to take in some of the music. Going there for 8 pm in August with a group of nine.
By the way, during dinner, a magician was making his way around the dining room doing magic at each table. Do not know if he is always there but he was that night and was very good as was the food.

SurferStitch
06-16-2008, 12:08 PM
I give bands and performers the courtesy of my attention when they're on stage, so I didn't try to talk during the performance to know if it is prohibitively loud, but they do take frequent breaks. We had a lot of fun.

As do I, but the band played pretty much non-stop for over an hour at a time the couple of times we've been there. It's a bar like atmosphere, so it's not a concert or show in the traditional sense of the word. The band isn't really "on stage". Instead, they sit off to the one side and aren't on display per say.

Trust me....when you can't hear your server speaking to you....it's loud (but a lot of fun)!

Oh yeah...the food's excellent, too! We love the scallop forest appetizer. I had a delicious Chilean sea bass one time (it was a special). Can't wait to go back in October!