PDA

View Full Version : Yak and Yeti review

mouseaddict
06-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Ok..we arw at Disney right now. Today we hit Yak and Yeti so I thought I would post a review. Please note..I am no Jym when it comes to fine dining etc..but I can appreciate a good meal.
I was leery of this one after the likewarm reviews on here..but we actually really enjoyed it.
Appetizers: I had the Pot stickers with the ginger lime dip..very good. Go with the seared ones..per the server's suggestion. DBF had the ahi tuna which was superb!
main course: I had the shaoxing steak and tempura shrimp. The shrimp was good..but the steak was awesome. Very tender and juicy. The jasmine rice was well cooked but a little mushy at the bottom...the veggies were not so good, tasted like a frozen stir fry.
DBF had the salmon..It was wonderful. Perfectly cooked and all of the sides were great.
The kids fare was the usual hamburger..but DS loed my steak.
Dessert was the best part..very decadent. We had the fried wonton and fruit in the vanilla honey sauce...oh my. This was a highlight!
Small note..the Ichiban was awesome on a hot day. And go for the 22 oz..it is only $1 more than the 16 oz!
Overall this was a very good dining experience and I would definately go back.
Overall rating B+ Total cost for 2 adults/2 kids for apps/entree/dessert was $114.

Jared
06-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Michelle, thanks for another review. We had a reservation at Yak & Yeti Restaurant in May, but unfortunately our schedule changed, and we canceled the meal. I've read several positive reports lately, so perhaps the initial kinks have been fixed.

:tasty:

SBETigg
06-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the review. I'm not dying to try this one, but I would consider it.

SurferStitch
06-16-2008, 06:30 AM
I'd glad you all enjoyed the meal!

DH and I have dined there twice now, and both times our meals were excellent. Can't wait to return in October!

elmjimmlm
06-16-2008, 09:04 AM
It sounds really good and we are ready to try it in Dec. if we can get the reservation...:mickey:

Nut4DW
06-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the review. We have an ADR for the night we arrive in December. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks again.

WorldTraveler
06-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Had a great meal there in February. Can not wait to go back in August. Pot stickers and lettuse wraps were great. As was the Duck my DD and I split and the stir fry my DW had.
Tried three desserts. Mango pie we felt was the best of what we tried.
Only comment was that they seemed to be rushing guests along. We took our time and created another great WDW memory.

Crow
06-16-2008, 10:51 AM
thanks
im thinkin about it, exp since it has an Asian influence.
AK is where i spend the least amount of time, but Y&Y is I believe on DDE

DisneyCouture
06-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the review. We have been going back and forth on whether we will be trying this restaurant or not. I am glad to hear that u enjoyed it.

ThanxForNoticin
06-16-2008, 12:24 PM
We ate there in March, and it was very good. It's a welcomed addition to AK, and we'll definitely look to go back next trip.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
06-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Thank you for this review. We are planning to eat here on our next trip. I was just curious about the rating you gave it though. Was it just a B+ because the veggies tasted frozen? It sounds like everything else was pretty good.