PDA

View Full Version : Best Concierge Service

Nurse Kim
06-15-2008, 06:44 PM
We are thinking about going all out on our trip in March. Which resort has the best concierge service?

TammiMcMan
06-15-2008, 08:03 PM
I think that really depends on what your definition of "service" is. Disney does not have a true concierge, so they now refer to it as club level.

I can give you a brief rundown and maybe some good and bad points (IMO) of the club levels.

AKL

all club level rooms have a savannah view
exclusive opportunity to book the sunrise and/or sunset safari
good sized open lounge (unfortunately, it doesn't look over the savannah though)
additional tea service in the afternoon
rooms only accomodate 4
rooms are not located on the club level
good response from the pre-planning team

BC/YC

you book the view you want on the club level
hop, skip and a jump from Epcot
convenient to Hollywood Studios
both have a very small lounge
YC lounge looks out over the parking lot
BC lounge has a nicer water view
both lounges "close" between services and for the night
I have personally had a great experience with the pre-planning team

BWI

view is luck of the draw on the club level
nice lounge that offers a view of Illuminations
a little more adult oriented
shares pre-planning with BC/YC
nice central location between Epcot & Hollywood Studios

CR

offers 2 club levels, Atrium & Tower
Tower has suites and only a few standard club level rooms ~ a lot less people on the floor and in the lounge = more $$$$
Atrium's rooms are 50/50 for MK view and Bay Lake view, you can put in a request, no guarantees
Atrium lounge is fairly new, nice and big and it overlooks the MK

GF

offers 2 club levels, SugarLoaf & Royal Palm
Royal Palm is in the main building, offering a nicer ambiance and closer to transportation = more $$$$
SugarLoaf is located in an outer lodge building, has a smaller lounge
Views are by request only and include garden, marina (SugarLoaf only), beach (main building only) and castle (main building only)
Food offerings here are a little more varied and a larger selection (champagne is included in the evening cordials)
additional afternoon tea service offered
It's been reported that the pre-planning staff is not as prompt in returning e-mails

Poly

Club level rooms are located in Hawaii building
views can be booked (lagoon or garden)
great 2 level lounge with views of Wishes
rooms on the 2nd floor do not have a balcony

WL

fairly new lounge, with seating around the interior balcony
rooms only accomodate 4
specific views cannot be guaranteed

pox24
06-16-2008, 08:21 AM
Animal Kingdom Lodge:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
06-16-2008, 08:34 AM
We like the Poly the best. We have never been disappointed.
We are trying WL club level in November. Deluxe rooms which accomodate 6 also are considered club level. That is what we booked for our family of 5.

DisneyOtaku
06-16-2008, 02:33 PM
I've only stayed at the Poly club level but I LOVE it. The building is close to both pools and you have a great view no matter where you stay (garden or MK view).

Plus, I live off of the guava-orange juice they serve :thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
06-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Hi,

First of all, Thanks to Tammi for the very detailed reply.

I find so much of what if offered on 'club level' areas at WDW resorts to be only what's very common in many chain hotels. I just can't fathom paying so much extra for a snack and glass of wine and being told I'm a VIP.

Tinkerfreak
06-16-2008, 03:04 PM
We have stayed club level at the AKL, BC and WL and our favorite is the AKL. We love the lounge it has great offerings and is nice and big and relaxing. If they had not booted the club level rooms to the 4th floor to make room for DVC we would still be staying club level here. We also have done and loved the sunrise safari, it is fantastic.

TammiMcMan
06-16-2008, 04:22 PM
I find so much of what if offered on 'club level' areas at WDW resorts to be only what's very common in many chain hotels.You know, you are so right. We tend to stay at the Marriotts Residence Inn when we travel for skating. Not only is it a suite, but the price includes a full hot breakfast and evening appetizers, beer & wine reception. I understand it's not inside Disney World, but if they can do all that for $149 a night, how much is Disney's profit at $500 and $600 a night?

Catzle
06-16-2008, 05:31 PM
This past May when we stayed club level at the Poly they had the orange/quava drink, as always. Chef Dick showed me the container it was made by this time, Minute Maid. Now I have been looking for this for 5 years now and finally I found out who made it. So when get home I email Minute Maid and guess what they say they are not making it anymore. So the next time you go to Poly club level they may not have that amazing juice. Boy I hope they can it from somewhere else or can order gallons and gallons because I love that stuff! If anyone gets any info. about this let me know. Or if they start ordering from another co. let me know. I would love to order some.

DawsonAR
06-17-2008, 02:52 PM
We stayed at the Poly club level in january and loved it. We tried the WL club level in April and I would never ever stay club level there again.