PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Shirt & Ideas

KineGirl
06-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Im taking my daughter for her 18th birthday to the World Sept 30 - Oct 4 (her bday is 10/2). I want to make her a birthday shirt and though Im usually pretty creative Im having a hard time coming up with ideas! Help! Any cute phrases or ideas for me??

- the trip is also an anniversary of sorts - our very first trip to the World was for her 4th birthday so its our 14th anniversary with WDW :cloud9: Its like she started her childhood there and now its going to end there as well and she is going to turn into a young adult in the World! She also turned double digits and 13 there - I think Im gonna start crying!! The nostalgia of it all!!

- I have pictures from her 4th-10th birthday (in the world) that I could make an iron ons of (???). We've had other birthday trips but those we were actually in the World for her birthday.

- I def want to include her birthday date on there

- the (almost legal) kid (GULP!!) LOVES The Mouse and his World! (the trip was her choice for her present - we wouldve gone anywhere or gotten a big present or had a huge party but MNSSHP on her birthday was too irresistable for her!) :mickey:

- she loves Pirates, Stitch & the Dream Ears

While there I plan on decorating our studio at SSR (1/2 birthday 1/2 halloween) and making sure I put a big 18 on her birthday pin. She loves F&W fest (and we plan on going non stop) so we dont have any ADRs other than Garden Grill since its a tradition to have lunch or breakfast there on her birthday. We're also going to and dressing up for MNSSHP. :malef: Also for sure will have the cards & balloons in the room.... Any other ideas for making a big kid/young adult birthday special???

She doesnt like CRT or character meals for the most part.

Thanks everyone!!

Beast_fanatic
06-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I haven't been able to think up anything creative other than possibly putting Mickey ears on the 8 in the 18 on the shirt. My creativity is lacking today too.

As far as something special, you can either do something that will make her feel grown up (like a spa treatment or a tour), or you can make her relish her childhood years (by getting her Mickey ears or something along those lines).

I'm sure others with more creative ideas will be along soon.

tinkergal
06-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Disney shopping on-line has t-shirts you can design yourself. For DH, I'm thinking of putting Peter Pan w/, "Today's my birthday but I won't grow up!" Have fun w/ it & good luck!