PDA

View Full Version : How long to get to Broma'a?

Mrs Bus Driver
06-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Will be at AK for EMH in early Oct, we have 8pm reservations at Broma's. I was just wondering how long it would take to get there? And can you walk from AK to the resort? I haven't been to WDW in 6 or 7 years and didn't spend a lot of time at AK so I would really like your imput. Thanks :mickey:

disneygirlie11
06-15-2008, 03:17 PM
I think you mean Boma? We will be there around the same time and I just wanted to make sure you checked the time the AK closes. We had planned to go straight from AK to Boma and the AK closed at 5 so our 8:30 reservation would be a 3 and half hour wait.

Mousemates
06-15-2008, 03:51 PM
No you can't really walk from AK to AKl.

It is a very short bus trip from AK.

However, given the AK closes early and your ressies are for later in the evening...AK might have been closed for quite a while and you might arrive there rather early. However, at AKL there is so much you could doto pass the time...watching the animals, enjoying the fantasticly thered lobby, doing the hidden mickey search, browsing in the wodnerful gift shop, etc...that killing an hour or two there wound not only be easy, but enjoyable.

Mater
06-15-2008, 06:29 PM
We've done this a number of times.

If you will be at AK on an evening EMH day, plan on being at the bus stop no later than 7:30 for an 8 pm ADR. If you are driving, allow yourself about 15 minutes from the time you get in your car to the time you check in at Boma.

Enjoy, Boma is my favorite restaurant!

Hull-onian
06-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Will be at AK for EMH in early Oct, we have 8pm reservations at Broma's. I was just wondering how long it would take to get there? And can you walk from AK to the resort? I haven't been to WDW in 6 or 7 years and didn't spend a lot of time at AK so I would really like your imput. Thanks :mickey:

You cannot walk :walk: to the resort. I don't know where you are staying, but I recommend that you get to Boma's at least thirty minutes before your ressie. In the past, we have gone back to our resort a little early, got ready, and took a taxi back to AKL. It is not too expensive. If you arrive early, you can walk around the lobby, look at the grounds outside, and just enjoy the ambiance of AKL.:cloud9:

henry.james.s
06-15-2008, 07:02 PM
You can always see if you can get into Boma early too. If you have a ADR they usually can at most TSR's.

Mrs Bus Driver
06-16-2008, 02:24 PM
:oops: Guess I should have said we are going on EMH night. Anyway :thanks: it looks like if we leave the park at 7:30 we can make the reservation. :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Leaving the park at 7:30 will only work if the bus is actually there. Personally, I think it's cutting a bit close.

If it were me and I was driving my car, I'd leave by 7:15. With the bus, I'd leave by 7.

Scar
06-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Of course you can walk. According to Goggle Earth it's about 1 1/4 mile from the gate (1/2 hour walk at a decent pace.) The problem is there are no sidewalks and early Oct at 7:30 PM it will probably be dark, so I would advise against it.

If it was daytime I would do it. :thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
06-17-2008, 09:23 PM
I agree you should arrive at the bus stop by 7 or 7:15 at the latest. The bus trip is less than 5min but if you miss the bus and have to wait for another it could be up to 20 mins or so. Waiting at the AKL is not a problem as it is a great resort to walk around.:thumbsup: