PDA

View Full Version : Q re: children's meals

Dsnygirl
06-15-2008, 04:01 AM
:mickey: Boy, it seems like most of my questions recently center around our meals... I'm sensing a trend here... :blush:

So - my question - with the DDP, our daughter who is 10 will be on the "adult menu" plan. But if we choose not to go the DDP route, can she still order from the children's menus at the restaurants? I noticed a few restaurants, like the Columbia Harbor House, specified that their "Little Mates" menu was for children 9 and under. So - do other restaurants do the same thing? I'd hate to think she's restricted to the adult menus, even if we don't use the DP.

(We're considering not using it due to the fact that our DD9 will be turning 10 before we go, and I forgot that when we made our DDP reservations. :blush: Now, seeing that she jumps from being $11/day to $39/day, and eats like a bird, I'm thinking we should just pay OOP. )

So - back to the question - does anybody know if she'll be able to order from the kids menu at most places, or now that she'll be 10, does she have to order from the adult menu everywhere?? I hope not... :confused:

sagessa
06-15-2008, 05:33 AM
Anyone can order from any section of the menu if they are paying out of pocket. The only time they will restrict you is if you are using child credits from the Dining Plan. If you use those credits you will have to order from the kids' menu.

Rachel R.

bicker
06-15-2008, 06:08 AM
Some of the menus state, "For our guests ages 3 to 9 years old" or something like that. Generally, they'll make exceptions for anyone, but do be aware that the restrictions are posted, and it is possible (though unlikely) that they'll start enforcing them at any time.

Have a great trip.

Dsnygirl
06-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Anyone can order from any section of the menu if they are paying out of pocket. The only time they will restrict you is if you are using child credits from the Dining Plan. If you use those credits you will have to order from the kids' menu.

Rachel R.
:thanks: Hmmm.... I see you're up as early as your DH.... must be all that time in bed you're "enjoying"... :D

sagessa
06-15-2008, 07:27 AM
:thanks: Hmmm.... I see you're up as early as your DH.... must be all that time in bed you're "enjoying"... :D

Enjoying is definitely not the right word for it. I'm so bored that I could shoot myself! I don't see how some women do this for months!

Rachel R.