PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Raises Prices for Checked Bags

Patti
06-14-2008, 07:39 PM
I received an email that effective June 20, Spirit is raising the fee for checked bags to $15 for the first bag when purchased in advance online each way and $25 at the airport.

Also, for those flying from MCO to ACY, check your reservation. I found out today that my 3 p.m. flight was canceled and Spirit changed my flight to one with a stop in Myrtle Beach. I didn't receive any notification from Spirit about this change. I had preassigned seats on this flight also, which was not transferred to my new flight. I had to pay a preassigned seat fee. According to a rep I spoke with, there is a fee for ALL preassigned seats, regardless of who makes the flight changes.

wendy*darling
06-14-2008, 09:25 PM
They have been raising the luggage fees quite a bit this year.
We purchased our tickets for October '08 back in January, and I pre-purchased our checked luggage for $5 per bag. It'll be 3x higher, and we haven't even left yet! :jaw:

We have been flying Spirit to Orlando for years now. We always purchase our tickets far in advance, and nearly all the time, the schedules change (often several times). They operate on seasonal schedules.
Most of the time, the change isn't significant, but one time it was outrageous. In that instance, Spirit cheerfully and quickly refunded our money and we got seats at a better schedule and lower fare on another airline (unfortunately, out of Philly :ack:).

If the new flights do not meet your needs, let them know. Check out your other options and decide where you'll get the best deal.