PDA

View Full Version : POP to Boardwalk

wdwcarrie
06-14-2008, 01:50 PM
For our trip in a week (yay!) we're visiting the Boardwalk, and staying at POP. It seems to me like the most efficient way to get there would be to take the bus to Epcot and walk out of the International Gateway. Is that right, or is there a better idea out there?

Thanks!

Strmchsr
06-14-2008, 01:57 PM
You can do that, or go to DTD and take a bus to boardwalk. It's about the same either way.

baby minnie's mommy
06-14-2008, 03:31 PM
We stayed at POP and went to Boardwalk by our van. (We take the van everywhere. :) ) It was a very short drive. The only bummer is walking from the vehicle to the resort entrance - I'd recommend parking as close as possible to anyone driving. We parked at the very back of the lot. Not a drastic walk - just adds more walking to already tired feet. :mickey:

NLODisney
06-14-2008, 03:40 PM
From Pop you could also take a bus to DHS and take the boat to Boardwalk from there if you didn't want to use a park entry on your ticket.

BriarRose0708
06-14-2008, 03:41 PM
If you have some time, I'd recommend taking the bus to MGM and get the boat to the Boardwalk. It does take a little longer, but if you have good weather the boat ride is very pleasant. Plus you get to see the Swan and Dolphin close up. I can't remember if it stops at the Beach/Yacht Clubs first, but you also get to see those resorts as well. If you are short on time don't take this route, because you may have to wait up to 20 minutes for a boat if you just missed one.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-15-2008, 12:32 AM
I agree, if you don't plan on using a park ticket for that day go to DHS and then walk or take the boat. Plus if you go to Epcot, you have to go all the way through the park to get to the Int'l Gateway.

NJDad
06-15-2008, 06:13 AM
We took a cab. Pretty short ride. Was worth it to save the hour or so it takes to go some other way.

Seasonscraps
06-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I agree, if you don't plan on using a park ticket for that day go to DHS and then walk or take the boat. Plus if you go to Epcot, you have to go all the way through the park to get to the Int'l Gateway.

We took a cab. Pretty short ride. Was worth it to save the hour or so it takes to go some other way.

These are my suggestions as well. It's a bit of a hike through EPCOT - the walk from DHS is much easier plus you can take the boat if you like.

If you are close on time, a taxi is the way to go. Pop is not that far from the Boardwalk so it shouldn't be too costly.

wdwcarrie
06-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks! I never would have thought of the boat--sounds like a great way to get there!