PDA

View Full Version : Rental Car Rates

ddcrna
06-14-2008, 06:39 AM
Here is one that I've never seen discussed, and I'm hoping someone has dealt with this problem and has a suggestion. We are arriving at WDW on 11/28 for 15 days (YAAAYYY!!!) I've begun checking rental car rates on the internet. Because 11/28 is in the middle of the Thanksgiving wekend, the car rental rates are high, and the starting rate remains throughout the rental period. If I was to pick up the car on 12/1, the rate is almost half, and again extends through the period. Will an agency give the higher rate just for the weekend, and then adjust it without having to go through the foolishness of going to the rental counter and re-doing all the paperwork?

faline
06-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Would it be possible to do without the car for the start of your trip and rent after the rates have fallen?

ddcrna
06-15-2008, 05:18 AM
Good idea Faline, but we need the car. We have timeshare weeks off-property at the Marriott. We will need the car to access The World. :party:

Beast_fanatic
06-15-2008, 04:30 PM
It might work if you have 2 reservations back-to-back. You might be able to explain what is happening when you pick up the car initially and they might allow you to just call at the time of the second reservation, but I think you'll have to contact the rental car agency directly to find out.

andreallybadeggs
06-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Been my experience that rental car companies will strive to accommodate your requests if they have plenty of cars to rent and will do almost nothing to help if business is brisk. Agree that you should contact the agency directly and see what they say.
Another option is to rent with one company for the first part of your stay and with another for the second part. Most of the larger companies have enough sites in and around Orlando to make that do-able.