PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on the Sandcastle Club at the BC vs. the Neverland Club at the Poly?

Dsnygirl
06-13-2008, 10:23 PM
We are trying to decide b/w the two... I like what I've read about the N'land Club best, but as we're headed to DTD for the evening, the S'castle Club at the BC would be easier/quicker to get back and forth to.

Have any of you sent your children to one or the other (or both) and preferred one better??

:thanks:

Jarrod
06-14-2008, 09:46 AM
We have used both and I think it will depend on the ages of your children. Our two boys are 6 & 9 and just stayed at the N'land club for the
1st time a few weeks ago. They really enjoyed it. It is much larger than the Sandcastle club. There are more arcade like video games and the atmosphere just seemed to us like it was geared more toward older kids. They did have activities for younger kids, but it didn't seem as suited to the younger ones. We have used Sandcastle club several times when our boys were younger and they loved it (to the point they did not want to leave when we arrived to pick them up). It is smaller and we feel like it was better staffed. Based on our experience, I don't think I would leave my 6yo at N'Land on his own, but with his brother he was fine. I hope that helps. If you have other questions, let me know.

Dsnygirl
06-14-2008, 10:06 PM
We have used both and I think it will depend on the ages of your children. Our two boys are 6 & 9 and just stayed at the N'land club for the
1st time a few weeks ago. They really enjoyed it. It is much larger than the Sandcastle club. There are more arcade like video games and the atmosphere just seemed to us like it was geared more toward older kids. They did have activities for younger kids, but it didn't seem as suited to the younger ones. We have used Sandcastle club several times when our boys were younger and they loved it (to the point they did not want to leave when we arrived to pick them up). It is smaller and we feel like it was better staffed. Based on our experience, I don't think I would leave my 6yo at N'Land on his own, but with his brother he was fine. I hope that helps. If you have other questions, let me know.
Our girls will be 7 and 10... so maybe the Neverland Club would be the better option, regardless of the extra time it takes us to get back & forth.
But - I'll wait to hear from some others, too... thanks so much for your note!
BTW - were there older kids/older kid activities at the Sandcastle Club, or no?

Jarrod
06-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Yes, they definitely have activities for older kids at the Sandcastle Club. Actually we felt like they got more attention at the Sandcastle club. The only reason we tried the N'land club was because we were going to Cali Grill for dinner. We passed by the Sandcastle club several times and there are older kids as well as younger ones. Either way, I think it will be a good experience, and we always enjoy our evening more when we know the kids are at least somewhat close in proximity to us.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
We tried the Neverland club last year. My boys were 8 and 4. The atmosphere was great! They loved all the video games and activities. They did not want to leave. Later in the trip, they actually asked if they would be able to go back one night.

I was actually nervous because my DS4 has food allergies. I thought they had a little buffet for the kids. It turned out they took your childs dinner order when you dropped them off. So, I had control over what he had on his plate.

We used the Neverland Club because we went on a "date" to MK and we felt like it was the closest to us. I have not tried the Sandcastle Club, but I can't imagine that your children would not have fun at it as well.

DisneyLove
06-17-2008, 01:07 PM
I can't comment on the Sandcastle club, BUT I can comment from a different perspective. When my siblings and I were younger, my parents would drop us off at the Neverland club for a "grown ups" night. My siblings and I loved it! We thought it was the coolest thing- a special club just for us to hang out without the parents! Actually, we liked it so much we didn't want to leave and asked if we could go back. (This happened on several trips!) We still talk about it now (the youngest is almost 17, so it has been a while since we've been there!) As a former "lost girl" in Neverland, I would vote for the Neverland club!

Katie

murphy1
06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
What is the minimum for N'land?? I read on info central it's three hours, but other places, like the one at GF and that were less, I have three kids and they want to go, but that would be $90!!

Jarrod
06-17-2008, 09:52 PM
The minimum was 2 hours in May when we went. Maybe its different at different times of year?