PDA

View Full Version : A review of my favorite CS--Sunshine Seasons

McGoofy
06-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Typically CS food is burgers, chicken, hot dogs, etc... However, Sunshine Seasons at The Land in Epcot is a terrific change of pace for CS. On the dining plan, you also get a drink and dessert included. Therefore, in my opinion, Sunshine Seasons is a place where you can really get your "money's worth" out of a CS credit. The food at Sunshine Seasons is healthy. There is a huge variety with items such as salads, soups, sandwiches, veggies, and plated dinners with various meat entrees. The dessert counter has a huge variety as well. Here is a picture (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2281767440101825575AmQVGf) from when my DH and I ate there. He had salmon with rice pilaf, and I had a pork chop with mashed potatoes. For dessert we had butterfinger cheesecake and a fruit tulip. This CS meal had so much food that it was nearly equivalent to a table service meal. I will most definitely eat here again!:thumbsup:

Disney Lynn
06-14-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks for posting- this food court is frequently overlooked (in the rush to get to Soarin' LOL). We've also eaten breakfast here; the portions were large enough for us to share, which saved a counter service meal on the plan.

brewcrew26
06-14-2008, 12:24 PM
I agree with you about getting the bang for your buck. It was amazing the size of the portions and the selections were really healthy. I also had the pork chop and the fruit tulip (the latter was amazing!!)

Plus, when we stopped at the bakery, the CM gave us a bunch of free cookies since we were on our honeymoon. It was a great experience and he was so super nice to do that since it was so busy right during the lunch rush.

While I miss the old slushie stand they had and wish they had more seating, it is a great bargain!

Jared
06-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Columbia Harbour House is an absolute gem, especially for groups using the Disney Dining Plan. The bakery section has better desserts than any other counter service location and is totally worth the one credit. We have lunch there every trip!

My favorite menu item is the turkey foccacia.

:tasty:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Sunshine Seasons is a must eat for us every trip on the CS option. Lots of choices for meals and dessert and a wide variety for selection. We usually use a Snack credit here in the late evening also and get a large muffin to enjoy for breakfast the next morning in the room.

elmjimmlm
06-14-2008, 03:53 PM
We tried it last year and loved it...We have this in our plans to eat at again on our next visit...:thumbsup:

Young@Heart
06-15-2008, 12:57 AM
This is on the top of our list for CS to try in Epcot. This park seems to have the best selection of CS restaurants.

SpecJoe Magic
06-15-2008, 04:08 AM
Columbia Harbour House is an absolute gem, especially for groups using the Disney Dining Plan. The bakery section has better desserts than any other counter service location and is totally worth the one credit.

The Columbia Harbour House has a great bakery section!? I've been missing out on it for years. ;)

My favorite menu item is the turkey foccacia.

:tasty:

It's my favorite as well. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.