PDA

View Full Version : Princesses Lunch or Breakfast?

NewmanFamily6
06-13-2008, 05:19 PM
For those of you who have done this meal....Which is better breakfast or lunch with the princesses in Norway? We have never done this and my DD 7 really wants to in Jan. Any tips or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

joanna71985
06-13-2008, 06:22 PM
I did the breakfast. It was ok.

The big difference is that breakfast is the only one serving American-style food. Lunch and dinner are Norweigan-style food.

jonahbear2006
06-13-2008, 08:22 PM
I would do lunch. My reason being, the norweigan food is delish AND you will be able to spend the early afternoon in the world showcase, getting to meet several characters. Part of the fun is trying the international food, and their dessert selection for lunch consists of a sponge cake with jam and icing that is to die for Majesty cake, i think it is actually ligonberry cheesecake, a sweet dessert rice cream that looks like cottage cheese but is definitely not, and chocolate mousse. This is bottomless so you can ask for more, if you wish. We loved this place. I would love to go back, if we didn't still have so many new places to try yet.

Jared
06-13-2008, 08:38 PM
The breakfast food isn't special or unique, and a morning character meal detracts from valuable touring time when the park is still relatively uncrowded. I would try lunch because it breaks up the day nicely, and the meal is more exotic with Norwegian fare.

If the menu is too adventurous for your family, breakfast is obviously the better option.

:tasty:

TiggeRia
06-13-2008, 09:14 PM
I think it all depends on the tastes of your family. If they are more adventurous, do lunch, if they are picky, do breakfast. I am a somewhat picky eater and did not really enjoy the lunch food options. Meeting the princesses was great, but next time I will do breakfast.

scootch713
06-14-2008, 09:35 AM
We have only done breakfast and really enjoyed it. They have a buffet with fruit and yummy cinnamon rolls... then they bring a plated dish of eggs, bacon, sausage(i think) cheesy potatoes. My youngest daughter absolutely LOVEs the cinnamon rolls andmy oldest daughter loved the plated dish(you can ask for seconds, I swear she ate a 1/2 pound of bacon!).

mom2morgan
06-14-2008, 11:02 AM
We did lunch and really enjoyed it. It gave us time to enjoy some of the park early while the crowds were still light. As others have mentioned, the food at breakfast is more "American" and that can make a difference if you have picky eaters. BUT, I must say - we didn't have any trouble finding food on the lunch menu! My hubby is Danish, so he loved the chance to get food familar to him ;-) My totally NOT adventurous kids found chicken or something that they were quite happy with.

Tinksmom
06-14-2008, 01:26 PM
We are picky eaters so we enjoyed the breakfast. I'd check the menu before I scheduled a lunch. We loved the breakfast food. The Princesses are great there!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-14-2008, 01:50 PM
We scheduled a late breakfast, around 10:30 (I think we were seated closer to 10:45- 10:50!). By the time we were done, the restuarant was empty and they were about to start letting people in for lunch.

So, we got the "american" breakfast food (DD and I are extremely picky), but still had some time in the morning to do a couple of rides before breakfast, and when we were done, we headed off into the rest of World Showcase!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-14-2008, 02:16 PM
I agree with the comment on how adventurous of eaters you are. We really enjoyed the dinner and breakfast both. The breakfast is more typical standard food and dinner had a Norway twist which we enjoyed. Also lunch and dinner are more expensive so if that factors in then do breakfast.