PDA

View Full Version : Dinning @ the bar?

Disney_Barbie
06-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Tell me about the bars in some TS places.
Some of the TS places we have been to, we've noticed there is a bar w/ people sitting, eating ( I think?) , ect. At home we LOVE to dine this way (sit at the bar, get a nice drink an app & be on our way.) We both used to be servers and always feel guilty using up a server's table for just a couple of drinks and a spin/artichoke dip or something like that.
Anyway, when we see people doing this in WDW we always wonder how it works but haven't wanted to bother the hostess or anything by asking. Do those people have reservations to sit @ the bar? Or is it just people blowing time until their table is ready? Do they serve apps @ the disney bars?
If they server small apps & you don't need ressies, this could change our ENTIRE disney experience. We would LOVE to walk into a place, have a drink & App and then get back into the parks.
IDEAL : I'd love to find a place like this @ the studios. So far, we've never found a sit-down @ the studios that we LOVE (used to love Mama Melrose but too many bad experiences) enough to sit down & have a full meal at, but if we could find one that we could run in, have a drink and a nice snack, we'd be in our glory!

vicster
06-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Have you tried 50s Prime Time at the Studios? They have a bar where you can sit and have a drink and appetizers. We've done it many times...

Taja
06-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Rose & Crown has a pub--no ressies required. Not sure what the appetizers are, but I've seen people eating in there.

Beware! It is very crowded and very loud! *LOL*

McGoofy
06-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Rose & Crown has a pub--no ressies required. Not sure what the appetizers are, but I've seen people eating in there.

Beware! It is very crowded and very loud! *LOL*

R&C Pub will let you order the fish and chips, but that is all. They quit taking fish orders at a certain time though. Unfortunately, I can't remember what that time is, but it is somewhere close to closing time but definitely before closing time. Hope that helps.

50's Prime Time is great because if there is no TS available, you can order the same food at the bar. They keep the menus at the bar for that purpose. No ressies required. Just a first come first serve basis.

Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian Resort has a great seating area in the waiting area for Ohanas. You can sit there and order the same appetizers that they serve for the Ohanas dinner. I do remember the server there telling us that you can't order food after 10pm though. There are servers that work that area for the express purpose of people just sitting there for drinks and appetizers. You do not have to be eating dinner at Ohanas to do this.

Crow
06-13-2008, 08:06 PM
CA Grill has a bar also
and there is a bar right by Artist Pt & the flatbread is good.

pixie897
06-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Ok so I have been to many of the hotel bars over the past few years that serve food and here are some of the better ones I have experienced...

Outer Rim at the Contemporary (they have wings and nachos and such)

The Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge (you can pretty much order anything off the menu at Artist Point if you are looking for a larger meal or also typical bar foods such as wings and flatbreads)

Tambu Lounge at the Poly (The lettuce cups are wonderful!!!!!)

There is also a bar next to the Yachtsmans Steakhouse and there are always people eating apps. in there.

Maleficent's Dad
06-13-2008, 10:07 PM
At DHS, you can definitely sit at the bar adjacent to the 50's and order drinks and food. We've ordered the s'mores at the bar on several occasions.

Someone above mentioned the Cali Grill - it's very difficult to get up there nowadays, even to the bar, without ADR's.

You can sit at the bar at ESPN and order food. That's a short distance from DHS. Same goes for the YC.

henry.james.s
06-13-2008, 11:16 PM
The bar at the Flying Fish offers the full menu.:thumbsup:

Figment78
08-11-2008, 11:27 PM
I would LOVE to hear any more responses, as like to do eat this way as well.

Thanks!

I take the Ferry
08-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Shhh! It's our little secret...

Jiko's "cooking place" has 8 bar stools. That's where they put the walk-ins.

We sit there all the time. You can order from the entire menu if you like, but we just order the appetizers and flatbreads, as they are being prepared right in front of you anyway.

Always space... we've never had an ADR, but we've never been turned away.

Just say to the seating hostess, "we'd like to sit at the cooking place, please!"

Woohoo!

K, Slater!
I take the Ferry!

Disney_Barbie
07-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Anyone know about Mama Melrose? Is the bar on the side of the resturant there, just like walk-in?

Figment78
07-20-2009, 05:03 PM
I hope someone can answer the Mama Melrose question definitively because I had an unpleasant experience there and my answer is that NO, they will not let you sit at the bar at Mama Melrose and order. We had a ressie last year and someone messed up the date and so when we went on the date I called the ressie in for and which the cast member read back to me, they did not have our name/confirmation number and would not seat us. Not even with a long wait. Not even at the bar.

I do like Mama Melroses, but I tend to lean towards lunches there now, as it's never crowded if you walk-in right when they open. But I am a little perturbed still about waiting in line to be told that they messed up my ADRs and that they couldn't do anything about it.