PDA

View Full Version : Panama City Beach

RocknBev
06-13-2008, 12:26 PM
I just returned from PC Beach and it was practically empty. The gas prices must definitely be keeping people at home. Fortunately for me, it is less than 6 hours from my house so it is a quick trip to the beach.
We went to the most popular restaurants to eat around 6:00 every night and never waited more than 5 minutes to sit down.:crazy::noway:
Anyway, I found a new restaurant that just opened that I thought was better than any that I have been to down there....including Capt Anderson's. The name is Doc Hoppers and it on the water at Pirate Cove Marina. The food was fabulous! My grouper was as thick as the best cut filet mignon at Ruth Chris Steak house. It was served on roasted potatoes and with a roasted tomato topped with cheese and breadcrumbs. It was yummy! The best part was that it was priced under $20! Can you believe it? I also had some wonderful crab cakes for appetizers.....I am getting hungry just thinking about that food!
I am telling you that if you travel to PC Beach...which you should try since no one seems to be there....you should try this new place. It is great!
Another great addition to PC Beach is the new Pier Park mall. It is a cool outdoor mall that begins at the beach an saunters backs quite a ways with cools restaurants, stores and bars. They just opened a Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville and my mother in law said that Jimmy made an appearance for the opening....hate I missed that! Regardless, it is a real happening place right now!
If I can't go to WDW:mickey:, PC Beach isn't a bad place to be that is for sure! Oh well, that's my report of a vacation away from the most magical place in the world which I will be at in 207 days! :cloud9:

Tinkerfreak
06-13-2008, 01:49 PM
My neice has gone here for the past 2 years for spring break and loves it.

busterthebronco
06-14-2008, 06:52 AM
oh i wish i had time to write more but thanks so much.
we allways go on the week of the 4th of july.
was the pier there at pier park?
i heard the tore it the rest of the way down to fix it fromm the damage from the huricane.
where will they shoot off the fireworks? :confused: