PDA

View Full Version : Some Pixie Dust Please

wizardmickey
06-13-2008, 12:47 AM
I just finished posting this bulletin on our band's page. I knew if I came here and asked, that you're the kind of people who would pray and send pixie dust and best wishes to our bassist and his family.
Please read:

THE SHOW WILL GO ON
Despite what may have been said before, we try dilligently to make all shows if at all possible. With that being said...

This Saturday, RELIX is set to return to JOCK DANIEL'S in Bunkie, LA.

Today, our bassist Chad called to let us know his Dad has a serious lung infection and is in ICU. As of his last call, his Dad had been stabilized, but he has a history of lung problems as well as other medical issues, and doctors are saying it'll be 48 hours before they can say for sure if he's going to bounce back from this.

We of course are very concerned not only for his Dad, but Chad as well, as this can be a very emotional time. He's at his side around the clock, and worn to a frazzle. He told us that if his Dad is clear and out of ICU and doing better by noon Saturday he'll try to do the show, but if not he will be remaining at the hospital. We in RELIX of course are in full support of this, have tired to reassure Chad to do what he needs to do right now, and are all praying for the best outcome for Chad and his family during this.

To avoid cancelling the show, John will be switching over from Rhythm guitar (and 12-String) to pull Bass guitar duties. He is nowhere near the talented bassist Chad is, but he does know his way around the instrument, having played it quite a bit for studio projects and to help out others as a session musician in the past, and the set-list has been adjusted accordingly to allow for songs he and the rest of the band feel they can comfortably pull off as a 3 piece.

John says; "Selfishly, there's like a 2% part of me that wants Chad to show up, but the rational 98% of me wants him to be where he is with his family. Having lost both of my own parents, I can understand his anxiety right now at wanting to be at his Dad's side until he is better.
"

So the show WILL GO ON... and we will be doing it with our brother on our minds. Thanks for reading... we hope you'll join us in sending best wishes to the Montgomery Family right now.

I am a little scared as well, because my bass skills have gotten rusty, as well as the strings on my bass when I went to pull it out of the closet. But all kidding aside... keep Chad in your thoughts if ya would?

TinkRocks
06-13-2008, 02:45 AM
:pixie: for Chad's Dad - sure hope he's ok...

It's tough when someone close is hospitalized - all you can do is be there to love and support that person.

I'm sure Chad is thankful to have wonderful friends around to support him and his family.

janmathatter
06-13-2008, 08:31 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:Pixie dust and good thoughts coming your way for everyone that needs them now. Hang in there, life is just a bunch of lemons that sometimes can be lemonade if we do.

JPL
06-13-2008, 08:45 AM
:pixie: on the way.

I have a solution for your rusty bass skills as well a couple of Bass Player sponsored kegs in the parking lot will forgive many mistakes ;)

chrisb26
06-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Here's some :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Hope everything is alright Ice.

WED1901
06-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Thinking of you guys!

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

KineGirl
06-13-2008, 04:18 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for your bassists family - especially his Dad

wizardmickey
06-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Haven't heard any news or updates, which may be good or bad, considering he is usually such a chatterbox. When next he call's though I will be very happy to let him know that y'all are out there sending best wishes!!
As an aside;

JPL: "I have a solution for your rusty bass skills as well a couple of Bass Player sponsored kegs in the parking lot will forgive many mistakes"
So, what I'm hearing is bribery may make the crowd overlook my lack of bass playing acrobatics? Wish I'd a thought of that sooner... coulda swiped some cool psychotropic medicine before I left work today and spiked the booze!
And, I managed to sneak outta work a few minutes early and sweet talk the guy who tech's my equipment into restringing my bass for me! So now I don't have to worry about getting tetanus from my rusty strings...

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Extra pixie dust on the way :pixie: I'll keep them in my thoughts :)

Chescat
06-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Thoughts and prayers Ice for his family. Sorry this is so late going out, just read the article.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

wizardmickey
06-15-2008, 10:45 PM
-Hope Y'all see this UPDATE:-
Chad called me today to let me know that his Father's Kidney's have shut down, and the doctor's are predicting more organ failure if things don't start turning around.
Initial problem was pneumonia, as well as a build-up of infected fluid around the lungs. With the Kidneys failed his body isn't processing getting rid of the nasty stuff, so the tried dialysis today; the only upside was that they expected (as is normal apparently) for his already low blood pressure to drop even lower, but instead as they began the procedure his BP rose up to a normal level.
The man has been battling Cancer for about 10 years, and goes in and out of remission. So far, no mention has been made (and nobody has asked) whether or not his compromised immunity may be affecting the cancer. Other that going home for fresh clothes and to feed his cat, he's been there with his Mom since this all started.
Since I have to be at the same hospital tomorrow for my 3rd injection, we're going to try to wobble upstairs to the ICU to check in on them.

KineGirl
06-16-2008, 12:47 AM
aww oh no. Poor guy. Its gotta be so tough for him and his Mom. There is nothing worse than watching someone you love, a parent or a child, have such a terrible turn in their health and prognosis. Im really keeping my fingers crossed :fingers: for all them and of course much much pixie dust (more than ever could be shown here ) :pixie:

TY for the update .. theyve been in my thoughts.

JPL
06-16-2008, 08:35 AM
More Pixie Dust on the way :pixie:

terri.m
06-16-2008, 04:47 PM
:pixie: from me too

chrisb26
06-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Here is some more :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

wizardmickey
06-16-2008, 09:25 PM
-NEXT UPDATE-
After sitting (or laying) through my 3rd back procedure today, we toddled over and up to the ICU to check on Chad. He looked awful, but not sleeping decently for 5 days will do that for a person.
We went outside so he could get a smoke and fill us in; with his kidney's failed his body isn't filtering the infection and toxic stuff right now, and the fear is he will become septic. So far, his cancer has not been a factor. He has been unconscious since he was admitted, so on the one hand he may not be aware or suffering too much (the family is hoping.) His Mom is having a very difficult time, having been with this man over 40 years... rationally she is trying to come to grips with the fact that, according to best guess estimates, he may not make it to the end of the week. Chad is trying to be strong, but you can see he's been crying whenever he goes out to get a smoke. We asked him if there was anything - pillows, magazines, books, food, blankets - that we could get for him, and he kinda grinned and said it was good just to have some company. He did say that with things as they were he likely wouldn't be up for any rehearsals for 2-3 weeks (I was like, "Duh? You even had to say that?") and as far as I'm concerned (haven't talked to the band yet) if any sudden offers come up I think we should explain what's going on and decline them.
Will keep y'all updated....
Will keep y'all posted.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Lots and lots of more pixie dust :pixie: Hope he pulls out through alright.

mickeynuts
06-17-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm so sorry Ice, you are all in my prayers. You are such a great friend to him, he's very blessed to have you supporting him.
Hugs to you all,
Laura

Marla
06-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Ice both you and your friends Dad are in my prayers.:pixie::tink:

TinkRocks
06-17-2008, 01:36 PM
:pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

Ice - it's nice of you to support Chad & family, even though you are dealing with your own stuff. I'm sure Chad really appreciates your friendship.

If only illness would disappear for good.

wizardmickey
06-21-2008, 10:29 PM
I have sad news to report:
(Repeated from our band site)

Today at about 2:30 pm, I recieved the call that our bassist's Father passed away. We have been posting information and updates concerning him being in the hospital... When Chad called today he didn't have a whole lot of information, and rightly so, but he was at home and preparing to get some of his things to go stay with his Mother for a while to help support each other.

He did say at least they had had time to prepare somewhat and make peace with what they knew was going to happen, but as someone who works in the mental health field and has lost both of his parents, I know that even though you try to tell yourself you are ready for something like this to happen, it is still devastating once it finally does. He sounded in fair spirits, and all we can do as his friends, bandmates and "brothers" is to be there for him right now.

He wasn't sure when services would be held, but promised to contact us when he had any information. We in the band send our love, prayers, thoughts and support for the entire Montgomery family right now as they mourn this loss and prepare to move forward in life with "an empty chair at the head of the table". Depending on the date and time of the service we will also be there to lend support and comfort where we can in person.

Chad has said that he will post a message here soon thanking those of you who have sent messages and well wishes. Until then, on his behalf I wanted everyone to know that he was deeply touched by the messages I passed on to him from here and other message boards we post at. Thank You all...

(posted by John)
The call came about 6:30. An old old friend of mine who played with me in the band "OFF LYMITZ" back in the 80's was in town, and he and his son had come over with guitars in tow for a little jam session. We called my brother, who was our on-again/off-again drummer back then (and now has his own band as well) so it felt like a "reunion" of sorts, with an 18 year old sitting in with us. It was fun going back in time and running through things, and my friend JT had asked (as we were packing things up) how the Bunkie show where I had to cover for our bassist had gone and how was he doing (during his last visit the guys in the band asked him to come sit in at our rehearsal), and ironically that was right when my phone rang.
Again I ask that y'all please keep the entire Montgomery family in your prayers right now.

TinkRocks
06-21-2008, 11:06 PM
:cry: Sorry to hear the sad news. :crying:

Please let Chad know he & his family are in our thoughts and prayers.

mickeynuts
06-22-2008, 11:04 AM
So sorry Ice, many prayers for the family and for all of you as you support them.
Laura

Marilyn Michetti
06-22-2008, 11:17 AM
I'll send prayer - sometimes :pixie: just isn't enough. I really feel for him. My 82 year old mom is dying of kidney failure, and it's just awful watching her deteriorate.
GOD BLESS !

Chescat
06-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and to you guys.
:pixie::pixie:

milklady
06-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Ice, will keep everyone in my prayers. Sending a truck of pixie dust to you.

Tink's Mom
06-24-2008, 12:46 PM
:pixie: Sending prayers and pixie dust :pixie:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-28-2008, 10:48 PM
This is a little late, but :pixie: for the family and I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.