PDA

View Full Version : Day 9 The I am going this time Trip Report

SgtTigger
06-12-2008, 10:07 PM
The I am going this time Trip Report

June 1st through June 10th

Cast
ME SgtTigger Bret 41/42
MrsSgtTigger Sherrie No Age Listed but born the same year as me.

June 9, 2008

Day 9 Magic Kingdom

Happy Birthday……:birthday:
We are heading to the Magic Kingdom early for the train tour this morning. We head out and drive over to the Contemporary and walk over to the Magic Kingdom. We arrive before time but they are already some folks there. Quickly everyone is there and the tour starts. The train arrives and pictures are taken we are soon boarding the train and are on our way. We get to back into the roundhouse and get off the train and we will be riding back aboard the Walter Disney. The tour guide does a great job and he answers all our questions. We get to watch one other train leave the station and then we are ready to go. We go through all the safety checks and that takes about 30 minutes. You would be amazed at what they have to do everyday just so they can put the train on line. We get out and go through the switch and are off to the main street station. After we arrive we get a 10 minute break and free waters for each of us. Sherrie makes me go and get a birthday button from City Hall. We meet again and go up in the station and finish the tour. I knew a lot about the trains but learned a lot too overall it was a great time and it even ran long as we finish at 11:00 am instead of 10:30 am.
We now head into a very hot and crowded Magic Kingdom. Wow is it crowded we had down to eat as it is getting around lunch time and we want to beat the crowd. We stop in at Cosmic Rays and get chicken nuggets and the baked chicken. Ok I like the strips over the nuggets so that is my opinion. After wards we did use the fast passes that the Manger at transportation left for us. We rode Buzz, the TTA, Big Thunder, and Mickey’s Philarmagic before we were wore out from the heat and crowds. We walked back to the contemporary to get our truck and rode back to the Lodge. Sherrie takes a nap and I do a little typing. We head back to the park around 5:30 pm and hit the TTA again and 30 minute wait for Haunted Mansion. :hmghost: It was still hot a crowded so we decided to call it a day after an hour and a half. We head back to the lodge via the boat and stop in at territory lounge to get wings and pulled pork flat bread. Sherrie wanted to go to a nice dinner where ever I wanted but I choose to do the lounge…. Hey it is what I like she says ok whatever you want. We head back to the room to eat and it just so happens that the LSU baseball game is on. :baseball: I am so glad we did this as LSU is knocking the ball out the field left and right. I text Beth to make sure she was watching the game……. After the food settles we feel like going to the pool so off we are. We swim for a while then we head up to take a few things to the truck and off to bed…..
It has been a great time and one of our longest trips we have ever taken.

We awake a little early the next morning and get everything together and leave the lodge for the last time. We drive off and are on our way back to reality. Oh well……….

Final thoughts. :scratch:

We never got to go over to the campfire.
We never got to the Boardwalk.
We had a great time with the anniversary buttons.
I have never had so many people tell me Happy Birthday in all my life. This was not just cast members but just other people at Magic Kingdom and at the resort.
I now have 159 days before we get to go back….. I cant wait……..

:cop: :tigger:

ChipnDaleGal
06-13-2008, 08:16 AM
I spent my birthday at WDW last year, so I know that those buttons do get you a lot of well wishes. There is something really special about being on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom on your birthday. Sounds like you had a good time despite the heat and the crowds. Thanks for all your reporting Bret. I sure enjoyed them, especially the cruise portion. :mickey:

scoot241
06-13-2008, 08:23 AM
How about them Tigers? After the first two (very intense) games, I thought that was the best way to send out the old Alex Box.

Geaux Tigers!

MauiMouse
06-13-2008, 08:37 AM
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your train tour. :thumbsup:

Happy belated Birthday, Bret, sounds like prefect day! :party:

gauvin4
06-13-2008, 08:41 AM
First of all, Happy Birthday!!
Thank you for taking the time to write these wonderful trip reports!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time on the cruise and at WDW.

irish1967
06-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the great trip reports!

Happy belated birthday!

wildernesslady
06-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Great reports. I love hearing about the Lodge as it is our home also. 129 days and counting. Can't wait.

DizNee143
06-13-2008, 12:21 PM
first off happy birthday!
sounds like you guys had a great time doing the train tour!!
and overall a great last day at the world!!
thanx for sharing your trip with us..i really enjoyed reading all about it!! :mickey:

faline
06-13-2008, 05:15 PM
The train tour really seems to be a lot of fun! Got to put that on my list!

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you got just what you wanted in celebration! :party:

pdrlkr
06-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedSoxFan
06-13-2008, 07:51 PM
I enjoyed reading all your trip reports. Sounded like you both had a great vacation.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Happy Birthday, so glad you had a great time!! Thanks for taking us on your trip with you.:mickey:

wdwgrl377
06-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Glad you really enjoyed the train tour! That sounds like fun! What a nice day you had at the MK on your birthday...it's fun to have ppl tell you Happy Birthday!
Thanks for sharing I have really enjoyed reading your reports!! :mickey:

ElenitaB
06-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Thanks for all the details about the train tour. I've had my eye on that one for a while (only a few more years before we can do it).

Thanks for sharing your anniversary/birthday trip with us! It's been a huge pleasure reading it. :D

disneydrmr
06-16-2008, 10:31 AM
I've enjoyed reading about your trip! So happy you got to go along this time! I wore a birthday button in Disneyland last year and they really do get a lot of attention! I even had the green army men in the Block Party Bash wish me a happy birthday over the intercom!! ANway.. glad your trip was so magical! I"m sure you will always remember this anniversary/birthday trip!

MsMin
06-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Great game huh? 7 home runs.... Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. So Sherrie went w/ me for my bd, you w/ yours no ask her who's b/d is next???

Capt. Sparrow
06-17-2008, 10:33 AM
I find it amazing that no matter how long you vacation at wdw, there are always things that you don't get an opportunity to see.

DisneyorBust
06-17-2008, 03:55 PM
HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY!:beer:

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I enjoyed the reports!:thumbsup:

#1disneyfan
06-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Sounds like you had a great last day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way! I always hate that last glimpse of WDW before reality sets back in!