PDA

View Full Version : Day 7 The I am going this time Trip Report

SgtTigger
06-12-2008, 10:01 PM
The I am going this time Trip Report

June 1st through June 10th

Cast
ME SgtTigger Bret 41/42
MrsSgtTigger Sherrie No Age Listed but born the same year as me.

June 7, 2008

Day 7 Free Day

We sleep in…… 8:00 am and then head down to the pool and hot tub at the villas. After that we decide that we are going to have lunch at Downtown Disney at Earl of sandwich. We hop a bus which we have not done in a while to downtown because we had been driving. Well I remember why….. We head over to the Grand Floridian and pick up there. Well we pickup some people that were complaing about the busses and how long they were taking. We do take a while to get to downtown and are off. We stop in and Sherrie buys me a poster from Art of Disney…. the Railroad attraction one. We are off to eat and of course the line is long but we wait. While in line, we run into a family that used to live by us but moved to Mobile a few years ago. It was a nice surprise to run into them. Both Sherrie and I get cannonballs and she got a soup. After a stop in World of Disney Sherrie buys me a big Tigger. We head back to the Art store to get the poster. Back at the bus stop where it is full and after 12 minutes a bus comes and we are off to pleasure island and change drivers. We then pickup at Typhoon Lagoon and the people boarding are all complaining about waiting 40 minutes. Not just one person a lot of people as the bus is now full.
Back at the lodge we watched our video from our cruise and looked at the pictures. We eat at the lodge in Roaring Forks and I get a burger and Sherrie the pizza…….. both are good and we enjoy it. We are heading for a Monorail ride to Epcot. We head to the boat and this has changed. Wilderness Lodge now has a Red Flag boat and a Blue flag boat. Red goes straight to Magic kingdom and Blue is the resort boat. 2 resort boats are running but go the same way. It has always been that they run different ways so you don’t have to go all the way around. There is also a line for both boats. We have never had lines for both boats unless it is early in the morning to go to Magic Kingdom. We miss the first boat due to the line and when the second boat comes they have people that were in line with us for the first boat that do not make the second boat. Total time for us waiting for a boat 12 min. then 10 minutes for the second boat. That means people behind us waited over 22 minutes to get a boat. Not good……..
We go to the contemporary and hop a monorail to get to Epcot. We ride the monorail and Epcot is not packed at all very low crowds as we pass over head. We then head back to the resort monorail and get off at Magic Kingdom and hop a bus back to the resort.
Well folks I have to follow my own advice and head to the front desk. I ask to speak to a manager and they get Manager Bill for me. He comes out and I let him know about our issues with the busses and boats. He was real interested and asked me to tell him again as he was now writing them down. We talked for a few minutes. He was a real nice guy and asked if I could wait a minute and went to go get me his card. You know I was wearing my INTERCOT shirt…. think that had something to do with it? We enjoy the lodge and get wings from the lounge and head out to watch the Electric Water pageant. We head back to the room and settle in for the night…..
Tomorrow free day again……

:cop: :tigger:

ChipnDaleGal
06-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Sorry you had those bus issues. Maybe your powerful Intercot shirt will get something done about that for future guests at the Lodge. Thanks for sharing your nice relaxing day with us. :mickey:

MauiMouse
06-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Eek, those bus issues aren't a good thing. I sure hope that it get fixed soon. :mickey:

gauvin4
06-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Sorry to hear about the slow transportation. But other than that it sounds like you and Sherrie had a nice relaxing day.

DizNee143
06-13-2008, 11:31 AM
these bus issues are getting out of hand!! i hope disney starts doing something about it!!
sounds like yet another nice day in the world!! mmm..i love the earl of sandwich!! :mickey:

faline
06-13-2008, 05:10 PM
We're staying at Wilderness Lodge on our next trip so it would be nice if you could get all the transportation issues worked out before we arrive!

Nice, relaxed day (except for your traveling time)!

pdrlkr
06-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks for sharing....I sure hope the bus issue is resolved by the time we get there!!:mickey:

wdwgrl377
06-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Yeah I sure hope by you wearing the Intercot t-shirt it helped! Sorry there were trouble with the buses/boats...hopefully, it will get better.
Thanks for sharing........off to read more:mickey:

ElenitaB
06-14-2008, 06:17 PM
The transportation issues are not sounding good. We're staying there in December and bad transportation is one of the reasons I'll never stay at SS again. VWL is our home resort, so it makes me sad to hear that things are slipping in that area. :(

Otherwise, it sounds like another nice and relaxing day for the anniversary couple!

disneydrmr
06-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Sherrie is sure buying you some nice gifts! So what did you buy her? :D Sorry the busses seem to be working against you. Hope they improve for you!

MsMin
06-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I know why the crowds are low in the parks... everyone is in line waiting to catch a boat or bus :D

#1disneyfan
06-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I wish I knew about the management having something to do with the buses, we could have used some help a few years back when we stayed at AKL! We waited for ever!! Thanks for sharing again.

daparish
06-16-2008, 11:02 PM
I hope the bus situation improved!!! Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
06-17-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks for speaking with the manager concerning the transportation issues. Hopefully, if more folks speak up the situation will be fixed. Especially before September....just a coincidence that I'll be back in WDW then!:D