PDA

View Full Version : Day 5 The I am going this time Trip Report

SgtTigger
06-12-2008, 09:58 PM
The I am going this time Trip Report

June 1st through June 10th

Cast
ME SgtTigger Bret 41/42
MrsSgtTigger Sherrie No Age Listed but born the same year as me.

June 5, 2008

Day 5 Walt Disney World

We head into Disney World at 8:15 am…… I have never been here this early but since we had to be off the ship so early we pull up at Wilderness Lodge at 8:30 am. We go to check-in and guess what our room is ready…….
We have room 3546. It is a handicap room but that is ok. Call for our luggage and we unpack some and head
to Trails End Buffet for lunch. I do love this place but the selection is getting smaller and smaller everytime we go. I still enjoyed it and got my money’s worth so I am happy. We then head for the outlet mall. We go to character premier but a first for us….. We buy nothing; all they had was jackets… no one was even buying anything at the registers. After a quick stop at the grocery store we are back at the lodge. We relax and then head for the pool for a while. We also check out the hot tub. Hot it is! Man is it hot, we could only stay in it for like 7 to 10 minutes. We talk to 2 couples that were in the hot tub and they were talking about going to dinner when one of them brought up how long the busses were taking to get around. We said we never had a problem before with the busses and allowing enough time to get around. They said it was taking well over an hour to get to different places. I told them if that was the case let the front desk know so it could be corrected. We then head back to the room since we have been up real early and it is now after 10:00 pm and we have a big day tomorrow.
We head to Epcot……

Things that surprise me.
We have been so busy doing things today that…..
We never went back to the lobby yet.
We have not gone to go see the Electric Water Pageant.
We did not see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom yet.

:cop: :tigger:

ChipnDaleGal
06-13-2008, 07:50 AM
What a wonderful, relaxing day spent at the Lodge. It is the perfct backdrop for that kind of day. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

MauiMouse
06-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Love the Lodge! I could spend my entire vacation there if given a chance. :pine:

gauvin4
06-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Sorry to hear you left the outlet empty handed. But it sounds like you had a good day anyway. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
06-13-2008, 09:37 AM
sounds like a great day hanging out at the resort and doing some shopping..well at least trying to do some shopping..:mickey:

wdwgrl377
06-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Sometimes I just love to spend the day at the resorts too!! Sounds like you had a great day! :mickey:

faline
06-13-2008, 05:42 PM
It was nice your room was ready so early in the morning! Gave you lots more time to relax and a base from which you could start!

Those wait times for transportation are a bit discouraging!

pdrlkr
06-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-13-2008, 09:47 PM
:mickey:Sounds like fun, thanks for sharing!!

ElenitaB
06-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Amazing how much you can get done when you have such an EARLY start, huh? ;)

Thanks for sharing your day as you set up base for the rest of your trip.

#1disneyfan
06-15-2008, 10:51 PM
thanks for sharing your first Disney day. Can't wait to read the rest!

DisneyorBust
06-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a relaxing start to the WDW portion of your vacation. Sorry to read that you missed out on the EWP and MK fireworks...but I am sure that will be attended to later in the trip!

disneydrmr
06-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Wow... hope the wait times for transportation inproves...

MsMin
06-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Wow! such a magical trip.... I remember the EPCOT day :blush: So sorry the outlet mall didn't pan out for you;but, good thing for your pocket book huh? :spend:

daparish
06-16-2008, 10:58 PM
Sounds relaxing. Glad you are enjoying your trip.