PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore, Inner Harbor Meet, Sunday Oct 12th

dolphinmickey9170
06-12-2008, 05:45 PM
I know there are a lot of meets going on all over the place, one I am involved in in WDW in August. I am posing a question to all my friends here. Is there anyone who would be interested in having a meet in Baltimore at the Inner Harbor? We could meet at the Harbor, take the ferry to Ft McHenry and then come back to the Harbor for a late lunch. This is just a thought.

Let me know what you think. All are welcome, no matter where you live. If you are coming to the area for a visit/vacation etc, we could get together. We also have the aquarium, the science center and many other things to do. There are several choices for lunch as well.

Okay, we have decided on October 11-12th for our meet. I am looking for you thoughts and ideas of what to do, where to go, what to eat.......Talk to me people.....

*****UPDATE

To update those of you that might be on the fence about the meet....we have chosen the 12th for the actual meet. We will be meeting at the Inner Harbor, going to the science museum, the aquarium, getting food, having fun. As you read toward the end of this thread, you will see tinkerbell04 has listed some information regarding the purchase of a pass that is cheaper than the individual attractions. We will be partaking in The Cheesecake Factory!
I sure hope to see as many folks as possible!!

So far we have

DWHUBBY and DisneyWhirled and family
kakn7294 and family
wdwgrl377 - ?and family?
tinkerbell04 - ?and family?
cal5755 - ?and family?
dolphinmickey9170 and family

DWHUBBY
06-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey Kris,

Of course we would love to come depending on when it is. We will need to get down there to see you guys anyway since we can't go to WDW in Aug...as much as we want to. Just can't find the moulah. I know you and Kathy tried very hard...believe me it doesn't take that much coaxing...but we just can't do it. We can't wait to see you guys in July up here...we need to plan what to do...at least you don't need to make adrs 180 days in advance up here !:D

Melanie
06-12-2008, 07:13 PM
My very first INTERCOT meet was at the Inner Harbor back in '03 (???). It was great fun! Hope you can get some interest. :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
06-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Well, John, you tell me what's good for possible dates (several choices) and we can go from there!!

I can't wait to see you guys either.....I sent a message to y'all about a half hour ago, with some tentative plans.

kakn7294
06-12-2008, 07:40 PM
When??? We'd love to come! Our problem is going to be finding time. Steph has joined the band (color guard) and we'll have football games all throughout the fall starting August 29. July 19 - 21, Phil and I will be in NYC, August 2 we have a wedding, Aug 9 - 17 we'll be in WDW (as you well know), and school starts August 25. We work opposite weekends too, so that doesn't help matters!

dolphinmickey9170
06-12-2008, 08:26 PM
We can make it after school starts if necessary....and I could probably get the weekend off with a switch....I would have to ask first. But, where there's a will.....there's a way.

kakn7294
06-12-2008, 09:34 PM
If we're waiting until after school starts, the best weekend for us is Oct 11 - 12. Steph's game is Friday night and there's no school on Monday. I might be able to get a weekend trade as well but weekends in Sept look pretty tied up with football games and band competitions. I would love to be able to work something out. Megan wants to see Kaylee again!

wdwgrl377
06-13-2008, 03:18 PM
I'd love to drive up for the meet...just someone please keep me posted, and I will also keep checking back to this thread.....

wendy*darling
06-17-2008, 08:37 PM
My very first INTERCOT meet was at the Inner Harbor back in '03 (???). It was great fun! Hope you can get some interest. :thumbsup:

One of my first meets was there too- March 2001! We had quite a group there. :thumbsup:
I will watch to see what date gets chosen- I will try to come if I am available.

DisneyWhirled
06-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Hmmm...Oct 11-12 may just work for us! I will have to check a few things out, but, it could potentially work. That is Columbus weekend, hmmm....

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 01:48 PM
Kathy, if that is a weekend you are off, then I am on. I hate that we have opposite weekends. Tell your manager that you want to swap weekends. :blush:

I will have to make a swap, but Ben is on that weekend - nights. I'm not sure if he could get a swap or not. I mean, he could potentially come for a while if we are meeting early, but he would have to leave for work by 3pm. Let's hope Ben can get his Lt. to swap his vacation with him, this way he could be off the 11th and 12th, he would be off the 13th anyway, and so would I.

kakn7294
06-18-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah, it's my weekend off so you and Ben would be working. I can't swap weekends - my best friend and I work weekends together - I just can't stand to work without her!

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 01:56 PM
I understand about the swaps. I have a problem with them as well, I prefer working with the girl I have every weekend. The other weekend can be painful as she is always outside smoking, just disappears, etc. However, if it means I get to spend time with my friends, I will make sacrifices.

My position is an every other weekend one, however, everyone else works every third. Weird, huh?

kakn7294
06-18-2008, 02:07 PM
That is weird and rather unfair! I can swap one weekend but it requires that I find my own trades (the boss won't do it) and requires a double trade - I have to trade Saturday for the Sunday before (like the 13th for the 6th) and Sunday for the Saturday after (the 14th for the 20th). It basically means I'll work some portion of 4 out of 5 weekends - IF I can find someone to trade and IF the boss approves it.

DisneyWhirled
06-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I hate to hear all the trouble you guys have with weekend coverage...that must stink!

Well we are in for the weekend of Oct 11th!!!So, please decide if it will work for y'all. If not, no worries, we can plan for another time.

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Let's leave things for Oct 11th, I should be able to swap without an issue, and we can work on Ben's Lt. this weekend. All I have to do for him is a caramel crumb topped apple pie with french vanilla ice cream. He should be easy.:mickey:

DWHUBBY
06-18-2008, 06:58 PM
... All I have to do for him is a caramel crumb topped apple pie with french vanilla ice cream. He should be easy.:mickey:

Hey, can I get in on that too...sounds YUMMO !!

As Karen said, we are in for that weekend. The kiddos have early dismissal on Firday and no school on Monday, and I have that Monday off already. We can leave here after the kids get out and be in Baltimore around 9:00 pm. We will want to take the kiddos to the Museum of Natural History at least...Colby will flip to see it as he loves animals so much. I haven't been to DC since 1983...(8th grade...I know...I am OLD!)

Let us know if that weekend works so we can book a hotel.

Kathy, keep working on your boss...he (or she) will come around. Tell him/her that you are going to see long lost family...more than a year counts for long lost, right?

kakn7294
06-18-2008, 07:15 PM

As Karen said, we are in for that weekend. The kiddos have early dismissal on Firday and no school on Monday, and I have that Monday off already. We can leave here after the kids get out and be in Baltimore around 9:00 pm. We will want to take the kiddos to the Museum of Natural History at least...Colby will flip to see it as he loves animals so much. I haven't been to DC since 1983...(8th grade...I know...I am OLD!)

Kathy, keep working on your boss...he (or she) will come around. Tell him/her that you are going to see long lost family...more than a year counts for long lost, right?Wait a minute! If you're old, then so am I as we are the same age - are you calling me old? I don't have to work on my boss for that weekend - I'm off so we're in - I can take Friday off as well and but we can't come until Saturday morning since Steph has a Friday night football game. I'm not sure if we can stay through Monday or not - that will depend on Phil's boss - I'll work on him. And yes, more than a year counts as long lost family!!!

DWHUBBY
06-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Kathy, I would never call you old. But ,you know, next year we are going to have to have one helluva big party as we all hit 40...YIKES!!
Maybe a special 7 night cruise...say leaving on October 31 on the Wonder? Just a thought. We are already going with some friends from here but wouldnt it be awesome to have a huge party with out "extended family" as well? Hmmm...my DW would be proud of me for setting that one up !!

kakn7294
06-18-2008, 07:29 PM
That sounds like fun except for one little detail - that's Steeler season and we CAN'T miss the game.

DWHUBBY
06-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Come on...I am sure they have a sports bar with every game imaginable on...besides, who needs the Steelers when you have us :D

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 08:22 PM

Kathy, keep working on your boss...he (or she) will come around. Tell him/her that you are going to see long lost family...more than a year counts for long lost, right?

You know that makes me old as well.

John, you can have one of those pies if you bring yourself and the family to WDW in August.:blush:

DWHUBBY
06-18-2008, 08:28 PM
You're MEAN!!! :cool:. You know we want to...we REALLY do. Besides the money, Colby has scout camp in July that I need to take time off for so I wouldn't even have the time to take. I need to hit the lottery or find a long lost rich relative that has money to give away....yeah, right...not my family !!

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Allright already, I give up. I'll quite hounding you......Can you ever forgive me?:blush:

DWHUBBY
06-18-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm just teasing, you're not mean. We are just jealous because you get to go and we don't. You will just have to join us on our cruise on Oct 31, 09. We can all celebrate getting "old" together.

cal5755
06-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Hello everyone!! It seems like all of you have already met before!! I would love to join in a meet. We live in Elkton (been here for 2 years) and we would love to see some of the sights in Baltimore. If it is ok with all of you we will mark our calander for that weekend too!!

DisneyWhirled
06-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Yes, Cheryl!! We would love for you to join us!!!

dolphinmickey9170
06-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Hello everyone!! It seems like all of you have already met before!! I would love to join in a meet. We live in Elkton (been here for 2 years) and we would love to see some of the sights in Baltimore. If it is ok with all of you we will mark our calander for that weekend too!!

Cheryl, that would be really cool!! I believe we will probably meet on the 11th or 12th. I'm not sure, as DWHUBBY and DisneyWhirled would like to go to DC as well, just not sure which day will be which. We will have to figure that out as we go along.

kakn7294
06-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey Cheryl, we'd love for you to join us!

DWHUBBY
06-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Hey Kristen,

We don't have to go to DC on this trip. I know we are only there for a couple of days and one day in DC is not enough to see everything anyway. You can be our "Keys to Baltimore" tour guide. We can even get you a tour guide flag and maybe the "Oriole" won't take it and fly away...(only funny if you have seen the Flights of Wondor show at AK)!

Sounds like we are going to have a good turnout. Now we just need a parade to wait for...oh yeah...and a stroller !! LOL

tinkerbell04
06-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi guys,
I am late responding since I am just getting back from the world :) BUT, since I an 15 minutes from the harbor, count me in!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi guys,
I am late responding since I am just getting back from the world :) BUT, since I an 15 minutes from the harbor, count me in!:mickey:

Danielle, that's cool. Consider yourself counted!!!:mickey:

Hey Kristen,

We don't have to go to DC on this trip. I know we are only there for a couple of days and one day in DC is not enough to see everything anyway. You can be our "Keys to Baltimore" tour guide. We can even get you a tour guide flag and maybe the "Oriole" won't take it and fly away...(only funny if you have seen the Flights of Wondor show at AK)!

Sounds like we are going to have a good turnout. Now we just need a parade to wait for...oh yeah...and a stroller !! LOL

Okay, John. We'll plan for a DC trip another time that I can get you here. There will be NO flag time for this girl. I'm not one for tours....I know you know what I mean. As for the guide, that will be Ben. Remember, I'm still a Mainer, I can get to the Harbor, but that's about it. Ben is the tour guide for this trip. If you ask real nice...he might even take you through the 'hood. :D

I guess I am now looking for ideas from all of you as to what you would like to to. I was thinking, as previously stated, meeting at the Harbor. We can do lunch or dinner somewhere, do the aquarium, the science center, Fort McHenry....or whatever anyone else would like to do. Please take this time to let me know what that would be. There are several restaurants we can choose from. One of our favs is to sit on the outside balcony at Pizzaria Uno's Chicago Bar and Grill and enjoy the sites from the Harbor. However, it might be chilly in October. There are other options available as well. Danielle, since you are so close....what do you think?

Okay, we have decided on October 11-12th for our meet. I am looking for you thoughts and ideas of what to do, where to go, what to eat.......Talk to me people.....

So far we have

DWHUBBY
DisneyWhirled and family
kakn7294 and family
wdwgrl377 - ?and family?
tinkerbell04 - ?and family?
cal5755 - ?and family?
dolphinmickey9170 and family

tinkerbell04
06-24-2008, 07:13 PM
I think something along the lines of Pizzeria Uno would be great, it would fit into everyone's budget. There is seating inside and outside if it is chilly. The Cheesecake Factory is also right there, but that is a little pricier then Pizzeria Uno.

Another option would be to take the water taxi to fells point and spend the afternoon down there. There is the BOP pizzeria there and lots of little shops and things to do.

Ft. McHenery is also great that time of year. We could do lunch at Pizzeria Uno and then trek over to the Fort and take a look around there. The science center is pretty jammed packed on the weekends, but we could wait to see what exhibits are there when Body Worlds leaves in September.

dolphinmickey9170
06-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Awesome ideas, Danielle. I'm getting so excited!!:mickey: Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

DisneyWhirled
06-24-2008, 10:19 PM
I vote for the aquarium, Colby will love this!!

As far as eating, I vote for the Cheesecake Factory, the reason being....every time I eat at Pizzeria Uno, I get sick....even 6 years apart. I think that they use some ingredient that just doesn't agree with me.

But, I shall be happy just to be away and at a meet, so if the gang prefers to eat there, I can always just have a drink.

kakn7294
06-24-2008, 11:09 PM
My family will eat nearly anywhere as long as the prices are reasonable. We've never eaten at either Pizza Uno or Cheesecake Factory but I'm sure whatever you guys pick would be fine. My girls would love the aquarium as well but Megan will just be so happy to be with Kaylee that she won't care what we do. In fact, she'll probably just want to go "home" so they can play! What day are we doing the meet stuff? We won't be coming until sometime early Sat afternoon - maybe around 1 or so.

dolphinmickey9170
06-27-2008, 09:41 PM
We can do Cheesecake Factory. I love it. I just go for dessert. :blush:

As for the meets and stuff, we can do stuff on both days for those that are interested.

The aquarium is great with us......y'all need to decide what's best. If Kathy isn't coming until Saturday afternoon, we can do the aquarium upon her arrival and then do dinner at Cheesecake factory. We can do the aq. in just a few hours.

I'ld like to get a feel for how everyone else feels about things. TALK TO ME !!!

kakn7294
06-28-2008, 02:22 AM
We can do Cheesecake Factory. I love it. I just go for dessert. :blush:

As for the meets and stuff, we can do stuff on both days for those that are interested.

The aquarium is great with us......y'all need to decide what's best. If Kathy isn't coming until Saturday afternoon, we can do the aquarium upon her arrival and then do dinner at Cheesecake factory. We can do the aq. in just a few hours.

I'ld like to get a feel for how everyone else feels about things. TALK TO ME !!!This works for me.

tinkerbell04
06-28-2008, 08:18 PM
The aquarium and the cheesecake factory on Saturday is great for me :) The aquarium is very busy on the weekends and it would probably help for people to alreadt have their entrance tickets so that we can be sure that we can all get in at the same time. As it gets closer we can get tickets through ticketmaster and pick our entry time. That way we can by pass the outside lines and be sure that we will all be able to enter at the same time. I wouldn't want half the party to get in at say 4 and the rest not be able to get in until 5 or something like that!

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Great idea, Danielle. Can you help keep me on top of this and remind me? Please?

I think a 3 or 4 pm entry is good and then I can get a ressie for us at Cheesecake Factory. What do you think would be a good time for dinner?

Group? Thoughts?

tinkerbell04
06-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Of course I can help you! I am a little bit of a compulsive planner for anything, parties, vacations, school etc. It is just who I am :blush: I think that we should shoot for dinner around 6 in we get an entrance time of 3 or maybe 7 if we get an entrance time of 4 that would give us plenty of time in the aquarium and we won't be rushed out. What do you guys think?

DWHUBBY
06-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Sounds great to me...LOVE the Cheesecake Factory. Who needs dinner with all the different flavors of cheesecake !

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Sounds great to me...LOVE the Cheesecake Factory. Who needs dinner with all the different flavors of cheesecake !

Dinner.........Cheesecake qualifies as dinner for me. :blush:
John, when are you coming down, Friday or Saturday?

DisneyWhirled
06-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Kristen,

We will be there Friday night. We certainly don't want to overstay our welcome, but were planning on heading home Monday AM. Will that be okay??

Ed
06-30-2008, 08:10 AM
I think a 3 or 4 pm entry is good and then I can get a ressie for us at Cheesecake Factory. What do you think would be a good time for dinner?

Group? Thoughts?

Deja vu.... I seem to remember hosting an Inner Harbor meet about a hundred years ago or so.... :old:

You might want to check with the Cheesecake Factory; we found out the hard way that they didn't take reservations - - walk-ins only. (They still don't take ressies down here.) Fortunately, the manager worked with us and found us a big table for the whole group.

tinkerbell04
06-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Deja vu....
You might want to check with the Cheesecake Factory; we found out the hard way that they didn't take reservations - - walk-ins only. (They still don't take ressies down here.) Fortunately, the manager worked with us and found us a big table for the whole group.

I was thinking the very same thing. I am not sure that they take reservations here either.

dolphinmickey9170
07-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Kristen,

We will be there Friday night. We certainly don't want to overstay our welcome, but were planning on heading home Monday AM. Will that be okay??

Okay?? Okay?? Of course its Okay!! You will NOT be overstaying your welcome. You can stay as long as you wish. Friday to Monday is great!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-03-2008, 04:57 PM
No big deal about the ressie. If we have to wait, that's okay too. It just gives us time to walk around the harbor a bit!! We'll figure it out. I guess the earlier we try for Cheesecake Factory, the better.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-03-2008, 06:24 PM
If worse comes to worse and it is too long of a wait, there are lots of other options in the vacinity!

dolphinmickey9170
07-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Cool, Danielle....keep me up on the options please!!

tinkerbell04
07-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Ok, I say we bag the Cheesecake Factory and go with something in little Italy. I don't know if you have ever been to Amiccis or Chiapparelli's but both are FANTASTIC and take reservations and are budget friendly. They both have websites that you can check out and for dessert are both within walking distance of Vacarros, the best Italian desserts anywhere! What do you think about that? Little Italy is very close and it would show something else besides the harbor. They have traditional Italian dishes and seafood dishes along with standard steak/chicken etx. They both have kids menus as well.

Other places in the harbor that are good are the Capial City Brewing Company and J Pauls but I think that both of them are more expensive then the suggestions from Little Italy and the food is not as good!

If you are set on the Cheesecake Factory just for the cheesecake, there is a take out window that serves cheesecake to go!

How do you guys feel about that?

dolphinmickey9170
07-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Little Italy sounds great to me. Can we walk from the harbor..or is there a better place to park in between the two? I have lived here 5 years and I still don't know much about that area.

What does everyone else think?

tinkerbell04
07-04-2008, 11:13 PM
There is parking close to the aquarium that is actually on the outskirts of Little Italy. I think that if the weather cooperated, that would be a great place to park and we can walk to both places from there. If the weather is ******, there is parking close to both places.

dolphinmickey9170
07-15-2008, 10:28 PM
I have heard, via PM, that cheesecake factory or UNO's would probably work best with all the pickey eaters we have. NO OFFENSE!! There is ESPN and Hard Rock if y'all want those too. I almost forgot about them. I love Hard Rock. Great atmosphere. Fun times.

We plan on doing the science center and the aquarium and lunch/dinner as well as walking the harbor, one of my favorite things to do. I love walking from Rusty Scupper around toward Fells' point and back.

Any other thoughts?

tinkerbell04
07-15-2008, 10:36 PM
I have heard, via PM, that cheesecake factory or UNO's would probably work best with all the pickey eaters we have. NO OFFENSE!! There is ESPN and Hard Rock if y'all want those too. I almost forgot about them. I love Hard Rock. Great atmosphere. Fun times.

We plan on doing the science center and the aquarium and lunch/dinner as well as walking the harbor, one of my favorite things to do. I love walking from Rusty Scupper around toward Fells' point and back.

Any other thoughts?

No offense taken! I am up for anything :) I had only mentioned the other places as a suggestion I wasn't married to them or anything!

I was actually on the Maryland Science Center site yesterday and if the Baltimore visitors are planning on visiting multiple attractions throughout the weekend, there is a harbor attraction pass that is valid for the science center, the aquarium, the world tradce center and port discovery and a slew of others. I think the price is somewhere around 45.00 for an adult ticket. That would be a good idea since the science center and aquarium admissions alone would cost almost that much. I think that the sci center is around 18 or so to get in and the aquarium us around 20, maybe a little more. I am sure that I could find the link again or I am sure that you could find it as well on the site.

dolphinmickey9170
07-15-2008, 10:48 PM
The pickey eaters would disagree to the offense...so I tread lightly.:blush: hehehe.

Anyway, that is a great idea Danielle. I didn't realize the deal was available. Is this something we need to buy before hand, or when we arrive? I'm so glad I have you to help with this.

It takes a village.......:)

tinkerbell04
07-15-2008, 10:55 PM
The pickey eaters would disagree to the offense...so I tread lightly. hehehe.

Hey...I am married to a cop and teach fourth grade it takes more then that to offend me! LOL

Here is the info copied from the Maryland Science Center site. It looks like there is the basic harbor pass then the harbor pass plus....read below and see what you all think.

Baltimore Harbor Pass
Love saving money? Hate waiting in lines? Then the Baltimore Harbor Pass is just for you! Baltimore Harbor Pass allows you to visit 4 attractions in 4 days for 1 discounted price.

NEW Harbor Pass+ allows you to add three more attractions, another day, and a savings 25% over single ticket purchases.

Maryland Science Center
national Aquarium in Baltimore
Port Discovery, The Children's Museum
Top of the World Observation Level
American Visionary Art Museum
Geppi's Entertainment Museum
The Babe Ruth Birthplace Museum
Sports Legends Museum at Camden Yards

You may purchase your Harbor Pass in three ways:
Choose the start date for your Harbor Pass. It will be valid for that day and the following three days. Click here for more information.

Online: http://www.baltimore.org/harborpass

By Phone: 1-877-Baltimore

Onsite at the Baltimore Visitors Center

Harbor Pass Cost: Adult $42.75; Children (ages 3-12) $31; Children under 3 free

NEW! Harbor Pass+ Cost: Adult $59; Children (ages 3-12) $41; Children under 3 free

tinkerbell04
07-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Ok, I also looked up the going rate for the general admission tickets for the science center and the aquarium....

Aquarium
Adults 28.95
Children 17.95

Science center Exhibits
Adults 18.50
Children 14.00

With those prices, it seems like the harbor pass would definitely be a good deal even if you didn't use all of the options.

kakn7294
07-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the info on the Harbor passes. It looks like the 4 in 4 days option would be best for us. That price on the Aquarium is certainly much more than I expected! This way, we could see / do more at just a little more than we would pay just to get in the Aquarium.

tinkerbell04
07-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Yes, the aquarium is a little pricey! It always has been expensive to get int there. I think that the harbor pass is a great option, it certainly is the more economic choice. It must be something new because I have lived here all my life and never heard of it before now!

dolphinmickey9170
07-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks Danielle....I appreciate your work. I can't wait for this weekend!! WOOHOO:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-22-2008, 11:06 AM
:mickey::mickey:UPDATE:mickey::mickey:

DWHUBBY
08-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Kris,

Now that you guys are back and dried off, we can get crackin on this meet again. Give us a call so we can "catch up". We miss you guys.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-31-2008, 09:13 PM
We miss you guys too!!

40 days~

kakn7294
08-31-2008, 10:24 PM
We miss you guys too!!

40 days~Seriously? It's only 40 days? I can't believe it! Come to think of it, it's only 28 days till our Steeler game - we gotta talk about that too.

dolphinmickey9170
09-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Okay.....so for those of you that are interested in this meet, we are going to be changing the date, well, kind of.

The problem is.....I am in nursing school....my professors have changed one of my classes three times. I now have two classes on Saturdays. So, I am proposing that we still do the same activities, just on Sunday instead.

I hope those of you that were coming, can still do so, just on Sunday now.

Jessica.....can you come too? :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
09-03-2008, 12:50 AM
It would be highly unlikely due to finances, school and work. But I'll be there in spirit!

dolphinmickey9170
09-04-2008, 10:04 AM
We understand, Jessica. But we will surely miss you. You can be there via text, like John and Karen were in Epcot?!

Let us know if you receive a windfall or something. It would be nice to see you again! We had such a blast with you. Katy misses you, she talks about you often.

DreaminofDisney24
09-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I HIGHLY recommend the Science Center if you have kids...especially if they are 8 and under (Kids Room)!! The traveling exhibit will be the Kinex exhibit-you don't have to pay to see it, but kids can build whatever they want, weigh it, and then pay for it-that's pretty cool! Imaxes are great..."Fly me to the moon" will be the imax movie that's in 3d-it's animated and a great one for the kids about flies going to space. There will also be one on Africa, which I don't believe is in 3d-i haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure there will be a staff showing soon! Definately though, don't eat at the Science Center, there are much better places in the harbor, but there is a nice coffee bar in the lobby! See a planetarium show-i recommend one of the Sky Lives if you have kids. The aquarium is nice, just no hands on, and the science center is ALL hands on! Make sure you get on the bed of nails:thumbsup: Let me know if you have any other questions about the science center...if you haven't figured out by now, I work there! I'm in the education department, and I even get to spend the night with the dinos.....Just don't bring anything that you bought from that "fish place" into our building:secret:

dolphinmickey9170
09-07-2008, 09:33 AM
So we will move things to Sunday. We will have to see if the hours of the attractions are any different.

From some personal e-mails, we will leave the restaurant to be The Cheesecake Factory:cloud9:, YUMMY!

We need to pin down some times.

Is there anyone else out there that would like to join us?

Let me know!

tinkerbell04
09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
I think that Sunday will be a better day all around. I just found out that the Baltimore Marathon will be held on Sat. Oct 11th. So there will a HUGE amount of traffic and extra people in the morning and early afternoon.

dolphinmickey9170
09-18-2008, 04:56 PM
UPDATE
Okay, since I can no longer update the first post, I have to do it this way.

The meet is Sunday, October 12th.

We will be going to Fort McHenry around 9am, then The Aquarium, and then go for food at The Cheesecake Factory.

I would love to hear from those who will be joining us, just so I'll have some idea for a number.
For Sure!!
DisneyWhirled
DWHubby, and family
kakn7294, and family
tinkerbell04 and family
dolphinmickey9170

Maybe??
wdwgrl377 - ?and family?
cal5755 - ?and family?

Please let me know if you would like to join us. I'm hoping for a good sized turnout. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I will respond as soon as possible.

WDWdriver
09-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Bump!

dolphinmickey9170
10-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Bump!Thanks for the bump, Ron.

I sure hope to hear from some more folks. We are planning a fun day!

C'mon y'all, we don't bite. We are actually quite fun! :blush: Even without alcohol.

kakn7294
10-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the bump, Ron.

I sure hope to hear from some more folks. We are planning a fun day!

C'mon y'all, we don't bite. We are actually quite fun! :blush: Even without alcohol.Well, now that you told them we don't bite, I guess I'll have to be on my best behavior!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-02-2008, 02:41 PM
I wish I could come!!

Although I'll probably have those days off due to the scheduling, LOL.

MauiMouse
10-02-2008, 07:36 PM
We will be going to Fort McHenry around 9am, then The Aquarium, and then go for food at The Cheesecake Factory.

Oh man I just read this and would love to attend since you'r going to my fort! :D Haven't been there since I was a child.

McHenry my last name. :D But it would be way too far of a drive for me.

Have a fantastic time. Take lots of :photo:

dolphinmickey9170
10-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Well, now that you told them we don't bite, I guess I'll have to be on my best behavior!

We were perfect :thedolls: angels at the Steeler game, I think we can behave again, can't we?

I wish I could come!!

Although I'll probably have those days off due to the scheduling, LOL.

C'mon, SW probably has a few flights, just jump on the plane, we'll pick you up at the airport...no problem! Whatcha waiting for?

Oh man I just read this and would love to attend since you'r going to my fort! :D Haven't been there since I was a child.

McHenry my last name. :D But it would be way too far of a drive for me.

Have a fantastic time. Take lots of :photo:

We wish you were coming too. We'll post a mini report with plenty of pictures.

We are a week away. I sure hope to see some more of you unexpected visitors. We plan on having a blast. The Cheesecake Factory won't know what hit 'em!!:secret:

I'm getting so excited! Is it Friday yet?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Hehe, you know I'd come if I could but it's midterms and paper time. Plus I'm working for Disney, and getting no hours, so I'm broke.

But I'll be there in spirit!

kakn7294
10-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Jess, I checked SW - it would cost you $219. Someone would pick you up at the airport!

Yeah, I guess we did behave at the game. I didn't trip any Ravens fans or those obnoxious drunk girls who kept walking in front of us. Phil did exhibit his bipolar football behavior but he'll be on his best behavior next weekend - no Steeler game.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-04-2008, 01:32 AM
$219 is about half of what is in my bank account. LOL. And with me only getting one day a week at work, I really can't make it (though I'd love to and I miss everyone!!).

We'll see how things look after the holidays. I'm going to try for FT in Dec because I will have my classes all on 2 days so I can work FT (or get a second job).

dolphinmickey9170
10-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Jess, I checked SW - it would cost you $219. Someone would pick you up at the airport!

Yeah, I guess we did behave at the game. I didn't trip any Ravens fans or those obnoxious drunk girls who kept walking in front of us. Phil did exhibit his bipolar football behavior but he'll be on his best behavior next weekend - no Steeler game.

How did we manage not to trip them? And...how did we manage to plan a trip without a football game? Was it kizmet?

$219 is about half of what is in my bank account. LOL. And with me only getting one day a week at work, I really can't make it (though I'd love to and I miss everyone!!).

We'll see how things look after the holidays. I'm going to try for FT in Dec because I will have my classes all on 2 days so I can work FT (or get a second job).

I thought you were working more than one day a week. That's kinda painful when it comes to going anywhere. You let us know when a good time would be for you to travel, we'll hook ya up....right Kathy?

kakn7294
10-04-2008, 05:55 PM
How did we manage not to trip them? And...how did we manage to plan a trip without a football game? Was it kizmet?

I thought you were working more than one day a week. That's kinda painful when it comes to going anywhere. You let us know when a good time would be for you to travel, we'll hook ya up....right Kathy?We didn't trip them because half the time they squeezed passed, they had beer in their hands and I didn't want to wear it. The other half of the time, I was just so mad I didn't think to stick my foot out until they were passed. :thedolls: As far as the football game, it just worked out that way although I did check the Steelers schedule and was pleased that it was the bye week - otherwise, Phil would not be coming. And from what you witnessed, I'm not sure you want him (although he is quite entertaining!).

And Jess, anytime you want to come visit in our direction, you are more than welcome! I'd like to work something out in our neck of the woods next year (summer) - I haven't talked to John and Karen yet but we did sorta mention something to Kristen and Ben. Maybe with enough notice, you can come too.

kakn7294
10-04-2008, 06:08 PM
BTW, I cancelled that hotel reservation so we're definately cramming into your house with you! We are going to have such fun!!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-05-2008, 01:49 AM
LOL, I was working more than one day a week....until recently.

And adding salt to a fresh wound - I have absolutely no hours the week of the 19th! Zero!

dolphinmickey9170
10-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Anyone else coming? Or is it going to be a surprise?

C'mon Jess.....you'll have to be there via text messages. We'll really miss you!!

dolphinmickey9170
10-16-2008, 09:05 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for the fabulous weekend we had. I'm sorry that Danielle had to miss it, but my prayers are with you in this terrible time.

Jessica, I'm sorry we missed you. I tried to text you one evening after all went to bed, but I couldn't get it to go through. I figured you would be awake, you night owl. I sure hope we can do something soon. I think we are planning another meet between Karen, Kathy and my families....so we shall keep you in the loop.

Karen and John, thank you for all the great yummies you brought. There is NOTHING like a great glass of Oakhurst milk and a Country Kitchen donut to start your day! The p-nut butter balls, YUMM-O!! The BBQ Chicken nachos were fabulous. Thank you again for coming and putting up with my crazy dog. I look forward to January!! How many days away?

Kathy and Phil, thank you for the great BUZZ donuts and the awesome beans. I must have that recipe. They reminded me of the Flame Tree Beans, even better though!! Awesome flavor. Sorry Jack decided to wash your faces for you, but he really liked you. Phil, I think Jazmyn is still looking for you to love her. She liked you!! She doesn't like many people. You are special.

I sure hope the next time we get together, we can continue singing 70's sitcom themes. Walking the inner harbor while singing was a treat I will never forget. Its fun to have friends that I can be so free with. I can't wait to do it again.

I love you all and thank you all for such an awesome weekend.

DisneyWhirled
10-16-2008, 10:41 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for the fabulous weekend we had. I'm sorry that Danielle had to miss it, but my prayers are with you in this terrible time.

Jessica, I'm sorry we missed you. I tried to text you one evening after all went to bed, but I couldn't get it to go through. I figured you would be awake, you night owl. I sure hope we can do something soon. I think we are planning another meet between Karen, Kathy and my families....so we shall keep you in the loop.

Karen and John, thank you for all the great yummies you brought. There is NOTHING like a great glass of Oakhurst milk and a Country Kitchen donut to start your day! The p-nut butter balls, YUMM-O!! The BBQ Chicken nachos were fabulous. Thank you again for coming and putting up with my crazy dog. I look forward to January!! How many days away?

Kathy and Phil, thank you for the great BUZZ donuts and the awesome beans. I must have that recipe. They reminded me of the Flame Tree Beans, even better though!! Awesome flavor. Sorry Jack decided to wash your faces for you, but he really liked you. Phil, I think Jazmyn is still looking for you to love her. She liked you!! She doesn't like many people. You are special.

I sure hope the next time we get together, we can continue singing 70's sitcom themes. Walking the inner harbor while singing was a treat I will never forget. Its fun to have friends that I can be so free with. I can't wait to do it again.

I love you all and thank you all for such an awesome weekend.

A big thank you to both you and Ben, too!! We had a wonderful time and really enjoyed spending time with your and Kathy's family! The kids got along so well and the 70's sitcom tunes were a blast. See, we didn't even need Kungaloosh to be silly!

It was so fun doing something out of the ordinary, and was very medicinal for me. Thank you very much!!!

I never would have thought that in August 2007 at the little Disney Intercot meet I was so hesitant about (remember John was organizing for our family) that I would have left there with new friends who have remained an important part of our lives.

And Jessica, you were there in our thoughts!! We love you too!!!

kakn7294
10-16-2008, 11:46 PM
We had such a great time too! I'm sorry it had to end. Can't wait for the next one although I'm not sure we can make January - but we'll try!

The sitcom songfest was fun! And Karen, I'll never be able to watch a romantic movie again without thinking of you - you blew me away with that little comment of yours!

As far as Jack goes, what's a little dog slobber between friends? I didn't mind - Jack's a great dog even if he is a little wired! We liked him and the cats too. If I can ever get my new babies to venture out of the tv I'll take some pics and post them.

Thanks John for arranging that meet last August! We love you guys! People look at me like I'm nuts when I explain how we met! Hugs and kisses to all, especially Colby - I know how much he loves kisses from girls at his age! ;)

Jess, we missed you too. See you in March!

tinkerbell04
10-17-2008, 08:46 AM
I am so sorry that I missed it! I can imagine from the reports on this thread that it was a GREAT time! Hopefully we can meet up again some other time. Kristen especially since we live so close in the same area!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry guys!

Of course, now tickets to that area are like $149..cheaper but still not do-able. I need to work like mad.

I thought about you guys too but I didn't want to interrupt all the fun!

I'm sure I'll see you guys soon.

WishingStar2006
11-24-2008, 04:06 PM
I read earlier in this thread that there is a Baltimore meet scheduled for January??? If so, I'd love to get the information!!! It would be great to meet some fellow intercotees.