PDA

View Full Version : Walking from Boardwalk to Futureworld?

AmBo
06-12-2008, 10:31 AM
We're going to be staying at the Boardwalk Villas and we have a Segway tour at 9. Can we walk through world showcase even though it doesn't open till 11? Or do we have to take a bus that morning?

Sorry, I'm new to Boardwalk and TOTALLY excited to stay there :D

faline
06-12-2008, 12:14 PM
You can still enter at the "back" gate even when World Showcase is not yet open. There's no bus service from Boardwalk to the "front" gate.

AmBo
06-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Wow, this would have been news to me if I were to have been waiting for a bus hah thanks for the information!!! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
06-12-2008, 12:40 PM
You can enter through the International Gateway that early. There just will be cast members there to direct you left, toward Future World. Not a problem.....

CanadianWDWFan
06-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Everything will be roped off as well. You won't have any issues getting through the Wolrd Showcase

AmBo
06-12-2008, 01:24 PM
thanks for all the replys guys! looks like we'll be ok to just walk right into Epcot. :) What time does the international gates open?

Seasonscraps
06-12-2008, 02:54 PM
thanks for all the replys guys! looks like we'll be ok to just walk right into Epcot. :) What time does the international gates open?

Usually 9am unless there's a morning EMH. It opens the same time as the front gate.

AmBo
06-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Usually 9am unless there's a morning EMH. It opens the same time as the front gate.

Hmmm then how do I get there 15 minutes before 9am for my Segway Tour? I may have to make a call or two...:confused:

joelkfla
06-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Hmmm then how do I get there 15 minutes before 9am for my Segway Tour? I may have to make a call or two...:confused:
That is the issue.

The front gate has one turnstile open early for guests with early breakfast ADR's and early tours (names are checked.) I don't know whether that is also true at International Gateway.

I would check with the concierge desk at the resort on the day before your tour to make sure there are no nasty surprises.

If you need to get to the front gate, also ask them the best way to get there at that hour of the morning, as there is normally no direct service between the Epcot resorts and the front gate. There might be a special breakfast bus, but I don't drive mornings so I don't know that answer either.

Seasonscraps
06-12-2008, 07:08 PM
There's someone at the International Gateway to let you in - just have your confirmation number for the tour. That's what DH & I did when we took the tour and entered through the back.

Enjoy the tour - it's great!!

AmBo
06-12-2008, 07:09 PM
There's someone at the International Gateway to let you in - just have your confirmation number for the tour. That's what DH & I did when we took the tour and entered through the back.

Enjoy the tour - it's great!!

Awesome information! Thank you so much! :cloud9: