PDA

View Full Version : Spectro Magic New Floats

Giselle
06-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Have you noticed that they made changes to the specctromagic parade? The clowns at the begining don't wear light up masks anymore and all of the floats are smaller and less elaborate. If they were going to change it, why not replace the ballerina hippo and dancing osteriches and some other outdated floats? Are they trying to save money or why do you think they did this?

SpaceMtn101
06-12-2008, 12:03 PM
as far i know the only change was they unmasked the spectro man but the floats havent changed ... its the same floats

cinderellagrl
06-12-2008, 12:53 PM
thank goodness, those masked clowns were scary.... I couldn't stand the way they bobbed their heads and laughed, shudder~!

Capt. Sparrow
06-12-2008, 01:28 PM
It may be just me, and after spending a long, hot day in the MK, but it also seemed as if there were fewer lights as well...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-12-2008, 03:46 PM
They didn't make the floats smaller. You just got older and therefore, bigger than you were as a child.

Also, they can't remove the lights...they are attached to the float and if they did, there'd be big holes everywhere.

SpectroMagic has over 1 million lights on the floats. Compared to the 500,000 on MSEP.

joanna71985
06-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Actually, the floats are the same. The only changes has been to the Spectromen.

JPL
06-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Depending on where you were standing and the timing certain floats may have been just white lights since they change to color at different points points of the parade. The only changes made were the Spectro Men at the beginning. Another thing that may have effected the parade was broken down floats I saw it a few times when it was missing the Chernabog float and 2 others due to mechanical difficulties.

kaliepooh
06-12-2008, 07:34 PM
I think I maybe the only person in the whole wide Walt Disney World that may miss those funny looking spectro men masks. But I truly will. Spectro is my favorite parade. I need to get the music. Anyone know where I can find the music, I would love to download it onto my iPod.;)

arielshouse
06-12-2008, 08:23 PM
you can buy the cd in the parks and download it probably on any music service you might have!! we have ares and i've found it on there many times!! i already have the cd but i downloaded it anyway to test the quality not as good a sound as on the cd but its ok!!:thumbsup:

Queen Stephanie
06-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Ok, I don't like tooo many changes to the Spectro Magic Light parade. I'm going soon, so I will look for this change and I hope it's not toooo drastic. :confused:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-13-2008, 01:28 AM
That's just it though - there haven't been any changes.

Only the SpectroMen were changed and for the better. I like them a lot more now than I ever did before.

Usually, if it's been raining or windy, they will not send out the Chernaborg float because of the wings. But other than that, it's the same.

Other than not having Roger Rabbit on the music float.

Polynesian Dweller
06-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Usually, if it's been raining or windy, they will not send out the Chernaborg float because of the wings. But other than that, it's the same.

Thanks, that's really good info for planning. That's my favorite float. Haven't seen the parade with out it but that does makes sense.

Not sure whether I like the faces without the lights or not. Less scary to the younger crowd, but in some ways they fit the theme of a show of lights better by heralding in the idea of magic lights.

Kairi_7378
06-13-2008, 12:15 PM
They didn't make the floats smaller. You just got older and therefore, bigger than you were as a child.

Also, they can't remove the lights...they are attached to the float and if they did, there'd be big holes everywhere.

SpectroMagic has over 1 million lights on the floats. Compared to the 500,000 on MSEP.

LOL that is what my husband said when I went to get my picture taken with Minnie Mouse last March. My parents took one of Minnie and I on my first trip and they wanted another one. When I stood next to her I initially thought that they changed the Minnie costume... but DH said, "No, you got bigger."

If you take the Keys to the Kingdom tour you can see the parade floats and how impossible they would be to change.

Giselle
06-13-2008, 05:14 PM
The floats are smaller and have less lights. you might not notice, bur since we have it on video and watched it over and over - as requested my DD- i was able to tell the difference. The change was made sometime last fall I believe between our summer and christmas trip.

joanna71985
06-13-2008, 06:15 PM
That's just it though - there haven't been any changes.

Only the SpectroMen were changed and for the better. I like them a lot more now than I ever did before.

Other than not having Roger Rabbit on the music float.

Not just Chernaborg, but also carrousel gets downed in bad weather sometimes.

SpaceMtn101
06-13-2008, 09:49 PM
The floats are smaller and have less lights. you might not notice, bur since we have it on video and watched it over and over - as requested my DD- i was able to tell the difference. The change was made sometime last fall I believe between our summer and christmas trip.

the floats have not changed talking to friends of mine who work patrades in entertainment. the only thing they have changed is the spectro men. they didnt invest in changing it because as of the end of this yr spectro float is to be leaving mk and going to japan and we are getting fantallusion

Mousemates
06-13-2008, 10:05 PM
I think I maybe the only person in the whole wide Walt Disney World that may miss those funny looking spectro men masks. But I truly will. Spectro is my favorite parade. I need to get the music. Anyone know where I can find the music, I would love to download it onto my iPod.;)

Nope, I will miss the freaky/creepy masks too...as for finding the music just use your favorite searchengne and put in something like "Walt Disney World theme park music" and you will find a number of sites that specialize in this very thing...you can even stream theme park background music to your computer...a nice way to get in the mood for an upcoming trip.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-13-2008, 11:08 PM

No, they really haven't. Trust me. They are exactly the same floats from years ago (minus routine maintanence).

As for FantIllusion, I haven't heard a thing about us getting that parade from Tokyo. That's quite easily my most favorite parade (also the biggest, and most expensive parade Disney ever did). I really do want us to get it though. I know we are getting Parade of Dreams from California, but I haven't heard about FantIllusion.

katzctkpt
06-13-2008, 11:23 PM
I love the spectromagic parade and was quite disappointed when I heard that the Spectro men no longer has the light up mask. I thought they were kinda cool. I know most didn't like them but, I did.

illini
06-14-2008, 12:23 AM

No, you're not. I actually shed a few tears when I heard they removed the masks. I don't care for them at all now. :( My kids are still traumatized by the change, too!

Agree with the others, though-- that's the ONLY change.

#1donaldfan
06-14-2008, 10:32 AM
The change really doesn't matter much to me, I never understood 'em anyway.....it's definatley a noticable change though.....our last trip was the first time we noticed the change, even the kids noticed...

.....we still love the parade......

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-15-2008, 02:14 AM
I like the new SpectroMen. They look a lot better.

As for FantIllusion, I talked to those I know in Entertainment (and joking with Ron) I asked if it was coming here. They said they hadn't heard anything about it. Or didn't know what parade I was talking about.

Ian
06-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Jessica, I'm not sure how far back you're going when you say "no changes have been made", but that's definitely not true.

I have video of floats from Spectromagic prior to when it was swapped out for the MSEP back during the Millennium Celebration and there are definitely larger, more elaborate floats included.

For example, the float with the archer on the back in the past actually "shot" an arrow up into the air and across the two floats in front of him. The illusion was created by lights that were strung from his bow in an arch to the front of the float.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-16-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm another that misses them. They used to kind of freak me out, but now that they're different, I do wish they were here!
I LOVE Spectromagic!

eeyoresbest
06-16-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm glad they got rid of those masks on the clown! Those clowns where very scary!

Imagineer1981
06-16-2008, 02:26 PM
I never knew the scary clowns were called Spectromen, but boy they scared me as a kid

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-17-2008, 12:47 AM
Yep - they are called SpectroMen. That's what I've heard from just about everyone in Entertainment.

They aren't clowns, or Chucky dolls (though they certainly look like it). SpectroMen is their title.