PDA

View Full Version : So as you all know

nemo'smom
06-12-2008, 09:12 AM
We are going to Disney in about a week. I think i have everything written down that I need to pack But could you all help. What are some must take items that you would all take.:mickey:

lockedoutlogic
06-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Take:

Lots of products with SPF on them...
several pairs of swimsuits each...
the most comfortable shoes you have...
pack medications separately in a light, durable bag...

Leave:

Work phones....
Laptops....
Wii
stuffed animal collection
children's 100 favorite DVDs

have fun....jealously abounds:mjump:

Tygger7
06-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Make sure you take "Band Aid Blister Stick" or "Body Glide". Not only did it save my feet from blisters (a first!), but I put it on my legs where my shorts rub and no heat rash! My DH didn't start using it until after he got blisters, but it made all the difference in the world after he started using it.

Also, make sure you pack scissors (in your checked bag, if flying), band aids, neosporin, and moleskin.

Have fun!!

nemo'smom
06-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Body glide, I have never heard of it and also moleskin. Could you explain them to me. My legs rub really bad and normally i wouldn't rub shorts but since it is going to be very hot i figured i would give it a try and I have been trying to think of what I could do to get them from rubbing.

Ropachs
06-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Don't forget lip balm with SPF!

mickeys_princess_mom
06-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Cameras, cell phone chargers, gum, hats,
scrunchies, printed boarding passes, reservation papers, tickets, sunglasses,
lotion, hand sanitizer sample bottles, dollar store ponchos, misting fans....Have a great trip! :wave:

tmosier
06-12-2008, 10:06 AM
--Advil, Advil, Advil!
--Lots of film (for those of us stuck in the 20th century) and an extra battery
--Wal-Mart ponchos (available in the hunting/sports department for about $1)
--something to hold dirty clothes (we use a garbage bag but I just read about someone using collapsible hampers)
--a list of ADRs and my other notes
--Stain Stick
--journal

MickeyandTink
06-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Besides the obvious weather appropriate clothing, I would have sunglasses, sunscreen, cheap disposable ponchos, small digital camera, hat, lanyard w/plastic carrier (for ticket and fastpasses), cell phone, chargers and extra batteries, credit card :D

Tygger7
06-12-2008, 12:26 PM
I didn't make it to Dick's Sporting Goods to pick up Body Glide, but the Band Aid Blister Stick was awesome. It's a little, tiny stick that reminds me of a "mini deodorant" stick. You can find them with Band Aids & first aid supplies...I got mine at Walgreens. All you do is rub it on any areas of your body that you don't want chafing or blisters. It's not greasy or sticky, and you don't even notice it...it goes on clear. I usually get heat rash wearing shorts in summer, and had no problem since I used this stuff. Body Glide is basically the same thing...whole concept is to make it more comfortable for skin rubbing against skin, or other irritants (shoes, etc.).

You'll find moleskin in the same area as shoe inserts in the store. I always buy "Dr. Scholls'", but it really doesn't matter. It comes in packages of 2-5 sheets, and you cut it to size with scissors. It's got peel off backing, so it will stick to just about anything...the idea is you cut a piece to size to cover/protect the blistered area. (I always use a band aid right over the blister, then cut a slightly larger piece of moleskin to cover the band aid.) It's got a thin layer of foam, and the outside layer is a soft, "flannel" like material. It's definitely kept me on my feet when I've gotten bad blisters.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post!! :)

cfoshe
06-12-2008, 12:42 PM
I take 2 pair of shoes, just in case one gets wet

Bri
06-12-2008, 01:05 PM
all the suggestions are great! we also take a small backpack for the parks. we put our camera, camecorder, sunscreen, phones, tickets, etc in it. ours is a nylon fabric so it's waterproof.

ASweetLov
06-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Sun block
band aids
cameras

DisneyorBust
06-12-2008, 04:03 PM
I like to pack a few 'zip-lock' bags, they'll keep your cell phone, wallet, etc nice and dry when you enjoy Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids.
I also pack a small first aid kit (with some of the above mentioned items) just in case.

Ghost * Hostess
06-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I always carry a small baby powder in my back pack and a wet wash cloth in a ziploc bag . I like to put the wash cloth in the refrigerator the night before so it is very cold and it can be rinsed out during the day. Also a container of antisecptic wipes (we use these all day). They are good for wiping down the tv remote, door knobs etc. For the room I pack a night light for the bathroom. There is nothing like getting up in the middle of the night and tripping over a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal.

Mousemates
06-12-2008, 05:04 PM
We'll be there about the same time as you guys...and it will likely VERY warm....so we like to have a lanyard with a water bottle on it...to refill and drink....refill and drink....having it up front where you can't overlook it is very helpful for my wife and daughter who tend to forget to drink until they're a little on the dry side.

Also remember to pack a bit of flexability for when something goes awry in the vacation plans...The expectations of a Disney vacation and "pressure to have a good time" and "not miss anything" can cause some stress when something unravels on the itinerary (i.e. a ride breaks down, long bus line puts you late for ADR, a charachter sighting and the wait to get that picture lasts way longer than you expected, etc)...resolve not to get too whacked-out over whatever it is that doesn't go perfect and remember to 1)have fun, 2)enjoy the moment you are in and 3) that if you miss something you can always get it tomorrow or the next time you visit. (we all go back:mickey:)

Have a great time and be sure to give a trip report in the appropriate forum to let us all know how much fun you had.:thumbsup:

DisneyMomx2
06-13-2008, 10:26 AM
These are all great ideas. I also like to pack some Woolite Wrinke Remover to get some of the wrinkles out of the packed clothes without having to iron. (I HATE ironing.) I just pick out ther outfits the night before, hang them, spray them, and go to bed. :)

bruin1344
06-13-2008, 01:07 PM
sunscreen, poncho/rain coat, camera

cer
06-13-2008, 02:45 PM
We always bring the cheap ponchos from Walmart to wear on Kali River Rapids. After going on the ride a couple of times in a row, we go back to the queue entrance and bless other guests with them.

IceCreamlover
06-13-2008, 03:00 PM
These are some very comprehensive lists!
Also remember safety pins, rubber bands,& a small pool bag for room key, money, suncreen, & sunglasses & small packs of tissues! (we always seem to run out of tissues after maid service has already been in!)

Taja
06-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Things to do before you leave:

Stop mail and newspaper. Or arrange to have someone pick them up.
Leave house key and contact information with someone you trust.
Make arrangements for your pets.

Just before leaving the house:
Verify all gates are locked.
Verify all windows and doors are locked.
Verify all appliances/fans/electronics, etc. are turned off and/or unplugged.
Turn your A/C temperature up. Not sure what is recommended for your area for unoccupied residence.
Leave one or two radios on moderate volume (can just be heard through closed exterior door/window).

Relax and enjoy!