PDA

View Full Version : Disney Stores

lovemykaitlyn
06-11-2008, 11:33 PM
The Disney Store nearest me recently closed and they said some more in the area are closing. Are they all closing or just a large number? Are they reworking any to reopen? :mickey:

DizneyRox
06-12-2008, 04:09 PM
If I recall correctly, about 1/3 of the stores are closing. They are going based on profitability, not necessarily location (although location does have something to do with profitability).

I don't think there are any plans to reopen any currently. Frankly, I would guess that if the stores they decide will be staying open don't perform, they too will be closed.

RBrooksC
06-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Yes, Disney took over the stores from The Children's Place after they failed in their administration of the stores.

They are again taking over the stores and closing the ones they are not making money.

What I hope is now that Disney is handling them again, they become like smaller version of World of Disney. The difference between a World of Disney store and The Disney Store is striking. I am surprised Disney let their mall stores get so bad under The Children's Place.

DizneyRox
06-14-2008, 10:31 AM
The difference between a World of Disney store and The Disney Store is striking. I am surprised Disney let their mall stores get so bad under The Children's Place.

Most would argue they were worse under Disney the first time. I tend to agree with that as much as I dislike CP taking them over.

TDS has always been and still is the red headed step child of TWDC in my opinion. They were never treated as real cast members of the company even though they probably had more guest interaction per CM than any other division of the company.

Ropachs
06-14-2008, 08:52 PM
One of our two stores (near Buffalo, NY) is closing. Of course it's the one closer to me:(

Altair
06-14-2008, 09:17 PM
This is from the manager of our store, who has been with the Disney Store for 13 years so it should be fairly reliable. According to her, the Disney Stores were making money, the Children's Place stores are the ones hurting. Part of the deal Disney made was that the Disney Stores would be remodeled, but since The Children's Place is short on cash it could not honor that part of the deal. So Disney took them over and instead of remodeling all of them, just closed many instead.:(

tinksmom02
06-14-2008, 10:27 PM
The Disney store in my local mall is still open, and I don't think there are plans to close it (YAY!) BUT the Disney Store in the larger mall about an hour away (to me, a much nicer store, just further away from me) closed down, I'd have to say probably about 2 years ago.

Belle619
06-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Yes, our store here is closing next week and the closest will be an hour and a half away. Its so sad - it was my surrogate happy place when I couldn't be at WDW or DL. :crying: