PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 The I am going this time Trip Report

SgtTigger
06-11-2008, 10:32 PM
The I am going this time Trip Report

June 1st through June 10th

Cast
ME SgtTigger Bret 41/42
MrsSgtTigger Sherrie No Age Listed but born the same year as me.

June 2, 2008

Day 2 Castaway Cay

So today we have traveled 231 miles and have 2 to go. We begin our turn to back into our dock at Castaway Cay. The in room TV has a channel that you can watch from the front of the ship. We back in as we head up to Beach Blanket buffet. We arrive and I was just saying that the line was kind of long and was not going to give a good review……. Well they must have heard me because they open the other side and we are in quickly. We hit the buffet and only after we sit down do we see that you can get an omelet made to order at the rear of the ship. That’s ok we know for tomorrow.
The plan is to hit the beach early and then head back to the ship right after lunch as I am not the biggest beach person. We head out right after the announcement is made that we can go ashore. We head to the family beach and find a nice spot. We are next to a hammock and I climb in. I did not sleep too well as I had a hard time going to sleep. Sherrie wants to go snorkeling before the sand gets stirred up. She heads out and I zone out. I wake up and find that it is almost an hour later. Sherrie comes back a little later and we go out in the water...... Nice and the beach has gotten more crowded but not overcrowded. We go eat at Cookies BBQ but they would not let me BBQ as some of you told me… I tried though. Good ribs, big chocolate chip cookies, chips and banana loafs all were good but the burgers not so good. We hang out on the beach for a while longer, remember our plan??? Well I am hot and have had enough and am ready to go back to the ship. I tell Sherrie I am out of here. She says she is coming but is moving slow…… We finally get moving and have to stop to take pictures and I get a few things from the shop on the island. Finally we are at the tram stop and are headed back to the ship. After a shower I am much better and we are going to a DVC meeting. We win a DVC towel and got some other cool gifts from DVC………… membership is good. We do make an appointment for tomorrow morning to see the DVC rep. Amile. They have some great offers so we need to talk tonight about it.
We head back to change for dinner, it is dress up night. I never did see the Captain so I am not sure if we were supposed to or not. We ate at Tritons tonight and it was good but I did opt for the steak since I did not like anything on the menu. Afterwards we go to the new show Toy Story the Musical. Very nice show but I did not like the Sid parts. Too much yelling, not good singing…… Other than that I liked it. We then stopped by Diversions and had 2 of the specials no wings tonight though. Then off to the room to decorate our door for pirate night tomorrow…… In our room we find a towel monkey hanging around.

Just some info…… tonight we could see other cruise ships in the distance and we are only traveling at 6 knots. The ride is very smooth with only .03 to 1.5 wavelets……

Tomorrow Nassau………… But first we have a meeting with DVC….. This trip could get real expensive…… :spend: we shall see….

:cop: :tigger:

KineGirl
06-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Aww.. too bad they didnt let you BBQ! I wouldve been right there meandering with Sherrie though :blush: I live at the beach, go often and always have a hard time leaving. Cant wait to read about Pirate Night... so cool they let you decorate!

Piglet822
06-12-2008, 12:48 AM
I called ahead and warned them about you, Bret. They said no BBQ'ing for you :nono:

ChipnDaleGal
06-12-2008, 08:48 AM
It all sounds like so much fun! Thanks for all the cruise details, Bret. I am enjoying reading about it all. :mickey:

DizNee143
06-12-2008, 09:09 AM
another great day..castaway cay sounds wonderful!! :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Bret, you can come BBQ for me anyday!! Thanks for sharing. I love your reports. These are fun......:mickey:

KylesMom
06-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Sounds like it was an enjoyable, laid-back kinda day with some great scenery and good eats. Interesting about the Toy Story show - I'd guess they had to keep Sid in his obnoxious character but would have thought they'd tone it down a bit. Looking forward to your DVC report and the pirate night!

wdwgrl377
06-12-2008, 02:29 PM
What a great day you both had!! :thumbsup:

faline
06-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Nice, relaxed cruising day! Sounds like you both had fun!

pdrlkr
06-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
06-13-2008, 07:20 AM
It sounds like you found a great way to relax today! Nothing better than sleeping on the hammock, enjoying that ocean! Glad to hear that it was another great day. It went fast!

gauvin4
06-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks for sharing, Bret! Castaway Cay sounds heavenly! I love spending time at the beach. I have always wanted to do a Disney Cruise, but my husband doesn't. I guess I will have to pretend I am right there with you and Sherrie.

MauiMouse
06-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Bret, you have me wanting to go on a Disney cruise soon. Hopefully one of these years. Sounds like you had a nice day at Castaway Cay. :mickey:

ElenitaB
06-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Glad you enjoyed Castaway Cay... the nice thing about it, is that you can do as much or as little :sleepin: as you like.

Sorry you didn't like Triton's. What dining rotation did you have? Were your servers good?

We missed seeing Toy Story back in February. From what you say, it sounds like we didn't miss too much though.

So, did you bite or not on the DVC offer? If it's the same one they had on our cruise (which, of course, was about to end ;) ), it was a very good offer.

Off to find out if you spent more than at She Sells Sea Shells. :spend:

#1disneyfan
06-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Not a beach man huh Bret? Good thing there was a hammock there to help you nap! Sounds like you are both having a great relaxing time!

DisneyorBust
06-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the report! It does seem like this trip could get a bit expensive, good luck with the DVC meetings!:thumbsup:

disneydrmr
06-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Hammocks are soooo relaxing! You are making me long even more to go on another cruise! Maybe next time you want to help them bbq you should have Sherrie paint your singed off eyebrows back...:D

MsMin
06-16-2008, 10:10 AM
So you can keep the ring a surprise but not the DVC huh? So glad you won a towel. Now I see why you want me to book a cruise. They should pay you a commission!!!

SgtTigger
06-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Sorry you didn't like Triton's. What dining rotation did you have? Were your servers good?

We had Parrot cay, Tritons, Tritons, Animators Palate.
Our waiter was good the asst. was slow and our table mates were late every night... Like 30 minutes late so that slowed things down.......

So you can keep the ring a surprise but not the DVC huh? So glad you won a towel. Now I see why you want me to book a cruise. They should pay you a commission!!!

Hey I am not trying to get you to buy more..... Sherrie will not be attending any more meetings ever again.........:angry:

:cop: :tigger:

daparish
06-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Sounds like a fun filled day.

buzznwoodysmom
06-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Decorating the door for pirates night? Are you kidding me? This is right up my ally. Sounds like a great day at the beach. We are looking forward to the Toy Story musical, I hope my kids enjoy it.

McGoofy
06-21-2008, 03:33 PM
What a nice relaxing day!:thumbsup:

tinkerbellybutton
06-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Great second day. Thanks for sharing.