PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 The I am going this time Trip Report

SgtTigger
06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
The I am going this time Trip Report

June 1st through June 10th

Cast
ME SgtTigger Bret 41/42
MrsSgtTigger Sherrie No Age Listed but born the same year as me.

June 1, 2008

Day One

We arrive at Port Canaveral to the wonderful site of the Disney Wonder.
We park and check in and are on board by 12:30. We head to lunch at Parrot Cay and have the buffet. We then head out to look around and then it is time to get to our room. We have an upgrade to a Navigator’s Veranda. The room is very nice and we enjoy it for a little while. We then head up on deck for the sail away party. We go on deck 10 and count down 3, 2, 1 then that wonderful horn…….
We dance for a while then head back to the room to get ready for dinner.
Dinner is at Parrot Cay and as we sit down I take out the video camera and ask Sherrie to get a battery out of the case. She knows I don’t need a battery and opens it up and I have a box inside. She says it is a treasure chest. Inside it is a diamond ring for our anniversary- a little early but do you know how hard it is to hide a ring? After that we had the lump crab meat in cheese sauce for appetizer. We then had the mixed grill, Lamb, Steak, shrimp, sausage and potatoes…. Very good. For desert I had lemon meringue pie and Sherrie had cream brulee cheesecake.
We now head back to the room and find a towel dog on the bed with my sunglasses on it. He also had some chocolates. I typed this and could really feel the ship moving…. I don’t know about others but I felt it. I should also say that we are really moving…. We passed the Carnival ship while we were eating…. We could see it in the windows and they left at 4:00. We also passed the Norwegian ship as we were finishing eating so we are really moving….. A quick check of the ship TV channel says we are moving at 18 knots.
We head down to watch the show which is The Golden Mickey’s. Very nice show lots of things going on. Afterwards we bring our matting down to guest services so the characters can sign it. The CM says WOW this is a big one. OK we did fit it in our suit case………
We then stop by Diversions and have a drink and catch part of the baseball game. I have some wings and chips.
Back to the room for the night as we have a big day tomorrow at Castaway Cay……..

:cop: :tigger:

KineGirl
06-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Sounds fun so far...

... especially the diamond ring ;)

Piglet822
06-12-2008, 12:45 AM
You did see me on the beach waving, didn't you? I was to the right when you went thru the channel leaving Port Canaveral :D
It sounds like the trip got off to a great start, that was a wonderful surprise for Sherrie - you do have a soft side, Bret :hug:

ChipnDaleGal
06-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Very sweet surprise with the ring! :thumbsup: Someday I sure hope to do the cruise, as reports like yours always make it sound like so much fun. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

DizNee143
06-12-2008, 09:00 AM
sounds like a great first day on the ship..and that diamond ring sounds nice also!!! lol..:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-12-2008, 11:41 AM
What a nice surprise, Bret. Could you teach my hubby to be like that? This sounds like a fun start, can't wait to read more. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

KylesMom
06-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Nice start, Bret. Congrats to you and Sherrie on your anniversary - nice move with the ring! With the comment about the boat moving, I hope you're not going to get sea-sick! On to the next installment . . . :mickey:

wdwgrl377
06-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Aw, that was so sweet of you Bret! What a nice start to this trip!! Can't wait to read more! :mickey:

faline
06-12-2008, 06:55 PM
You didn't mention - did Sherrie like her gift?! What a tiggeriffic start to your trip! Happy anniversary!

pdrlkr
06-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
06-13-2008, 07:15 AM
What a great first day! Happy Anniversary! I am glad that you had such a great first day. We have never done the disney cruise, so I am interested to read your reports, it sounds like a lot of fun!

gauvin4
06-13-2008, 07:49 AM
Sounds like a great start to your trip. What a nice surprise for Sherrie. :thumbsup: I look forward to reading the rest of your reports. :mickey:

MauiMouse
06-13-2008, 07:59 AM
What a fantastic start to your cruise. Happy Anniversary Bret & Sherrie. :mickey:

ElenitaB
06-14-2008, 05:44 PM
I've been looking forward to your trip reports about the cruise, Bret! (So much nicer to go in person, huh? ;))

Did you find out about the upgrade :cloud9: when you checked in?

Moving on to read more! :sail:

#1disneyfan
06-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Great report Brett! Makes me very excited for our 1st cruise this August! Nice surprise with the Diamond Ring btw!

DisneyorBust
06-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Way to go Bret.....thanks for putting pressure on the rest of the guys here on Intercot with the diamond ring for your wife.:D
I guess that I'll have to try and keep my DW away from the Trip Reports!
I don't want her to get any crazy ideas you know!

disneydrmr
06-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Hmmm...if I pm you my phone number would you call and tell my dh what you did with the ring? We're going to Disneyworld for our anniverary in November and a ring would be nice!!! :D Sounds like you are off to a wonderful and magical start! But the ship was speeding? Didn't they know that they had Sgt. Tigger on board?

MsMin
06-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Bret!! I can't believe you got Sherrie a ring and didn't even drop a hint to me or any of us. You must have been bursting inside. Can't wait to see the ring and to read more :minnie:

SgtTigger
06-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Did you find out about the upgrade :cloud9: when you checked in?

We got a call on Monday and sailed on Sunday.....

Bret!! I can't believe you got Sherrie a ring and didn't even drop a hint to me or any of us. You must have been bursting inside. Can't wait to see the ring and to read more :minnie:

The hard part was getting it on the ship without Sherrie finding it.......

daparish
06-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Wow....what a great surprise. Now that's the way to start a vacation!!!!:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
06-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Wow, great first day on the ship. And great surprise for Sherri. I can't wait to read the rest.

McGoofy
06-21-2008, 03:29 PM
What a great start! I really want to do the cruise one day. So what number anniversary is this that gets a diamond ring??

How wonderful. Can't wait to read more!

SgtTigger
06-21-2008, 08:38 PM
What a great start! I really want to do the cruise one day. So what number anniversary is this that gets a diamond ring??

How wonderful. Can't wait to read more!

15 Years.... at 10 years I gave her a necklace the had the past present and future diamonds....
So I got the ring to match.... we have been together for 26 years ever since high school.....

Can you believe she has not killed me yet????:funny:

McGoofy
06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Congrats to you!!:party: 15 years is a long time! I know...we just celebrated our 15th as well on June 12th. I didn't get diamonds, but that's okay! :mickey: Actually, this year I got a termite free house. We had $2000 worth of termite damage that popped up right before we were making plans to do a Disney Cruise for our 15th. That sort of killed the cruising plans temporarily. So when we were at Disney World just a couple of weeks before our anniversary, we bought the DVC and told each other that was our anniversary present. I'm totally fine with that!!:cloud9: And by the way, glad to know Sherrie hasn't killed you yet. Maybe she's keeping you around for the diamonds.;) Just kidding!:D

tinkerbellybutton
06-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow, what a great day! Ok, so I'm always emotional but the ring thing gave me goosebumps. ou're a lot like Bruce ;) My ex had hawked my deceased sisters ring and I went to go get it after we split and it was gone, on our first trip to WDW Bruce gave me a bag of postcards (romantic huh?) but my sisters ring was around the pen in the bag. :cloud9: I know, not the same but it reminded me of it. Off to read more.